Forum

Reduce wildcards to 1

Created 30th January 2014 @ 21:09

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Kaneco

Quoted from smziii

My grandma died ( example) think thats not admins or public business

Yeah I agree…

Just make so you can’t abuse it. Make wildcards the last resort measure as they should be, not some playing card you throw around because you can’t schedule games properly.

Allowing only 1 wildcard would be a good way of doing this but I also think some teams could face problems more than once in a season

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

It is a teams responsibility to build a roster that can handle a little diversity.
Teams should be encouraged to add some depth to their squad and not throw their toys out of the pram with frivolous wildcards when they can’t field their magic six.

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]
Just make so you can’t abuse it.

“It’s simple – just kill the Batman!”

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

i would like to show u a magic trick emb

Morgus

Having a wildcard for the first 4 weeks and another one for the last 4 weeks may improve this.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from T0m

Maybe have the team provide real reasons for using a wildcard instead of just saying “blah isn’t around tonight”?

We’re a Gaming league, we can’t go prying into people’s personal business and demand answers. Like mentioned, it violates privacy AND has massive potential for abuse. The only suitable method is to change the rules with the hope it leads to a change in mannerisms. The frequent wildcarding is caused mainly by poor scheduling and communication more than any other reason – changing it to 1 wildcard probably won’t change this but it isn’t a bad suggestion.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

I’ve mentioned before, teams should be allowed one merc without asking permission.

Along with a 1 wildcard rule teams will put some more thought before using it.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Getting Mike to merc every game. G_G

Kaneco

Quoted from WARHURYEAH

I’ve mentioned before, teams should be allowed one merc without asking permission.

Along with a 1 wildcard rule teams will put some more thought before using it.

That would only work if there was some kind of rule that established that the merc could have maximum of experience on the same div as the team playing or something like that. But I don’t think it would work too well actually

Droidster

tavi

I’d just like to point out that it’s getting to week 4 and my team hasn’t been able to play an official yet

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from Droidster

I’d just like to point out that it’s getting to week 4 and my team hasn’t been able to play an official yet

Schedule your games via etf2l matchpage :>

feeling

ist doof

I’d just like to point out that it’s getting to week 4 and my team has played 3 officials already.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from feeling

I’d just like to point out that it’s getting to week 4 and my team has played 3 officials already.

Point is – if you get unlucky with your opponents you can get into serious issues successfully playing all your officials on time. Especially if you dont play 4-5 times/week.

feeling

ist doof

Well, I looked at the matches and TEZC only wants to play Wednesdays or Saturdays. If I scheduled like that, I wouldn’t complain about my opponents wildcarding.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from feeling

Well, I looked at the matches and TEZC only wants to play Wednesdays or Saturdays. If I scheduled like that, I wouldn’t complain about my opponents wildcarding.

To be fair none of his opponents made an effort on the match page to schedule, whether or not they talked to eachother remains to be seen.

The week 1 game they changed their mind after the default date was made, so they were forced to wildcard, second time admins put a Thursday default on – I think it should have been Wednesday judging by match history + comments on the match page – but it didn’t make a difference as again opponents didn’t attempt to schedule.

Lazy scheduling and lack of communication is the main issue, so wildcards merely support the lack of communication. Team’s either aren’t putting all the information relevant on the match page or just aren’t bothering. It’s sad really but it happens in TF2.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »