Forum

[HLS5] Provisional Feedback Thread

Created 6th October 2013 @ 17:10

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 15 Next »

Pete_

PrettyGay

Quoted from Freakie

I think the reasoning for the weeks is that the 1-map weeks are best of 3, whereas the 2-map weeks are only BO1 each, to balance the time spent playing each week.

:)

Last edited by Pete_,

+1 for the “Steel is awesome” brigade. Actual interesting map, where you have to adjust to the oppositions tactics much more.

irfx

EPA

Only noobs are complaining about gpit o/

aura

Quoted from irfx

Last edited by aura,

Alex_jj

Quoted from irfx

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

The Holiday Punch – No reason for banning, if your heavy decides to hide behind enemy and Holiday punch enemies instead of being with team, you’re in div 6

It also just doesn’t belong in competitive, just by the nature of the weapon.

Also, when is the sandman being banned?

Lex

Fe |

Not bad, although I’d prefer something else in place of koth_lakeside_final and cp_gravelpit (biased opinion because I don’t enjoy these maps as Pyro).
I’m not sure about pl_barnblitz_pro4, at least it’s better than pl_swiftwater.

The first 4 weeks are perfect though, my favourites of each map type.

Popcorp

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

Also, when is the sandman being banned?

It perfectly balanced, dont touch my Sandman! If you cant reflect Balls (and Cleaver), ask Steve to mentor you

Pistolvania

Map pool is nice except for Cp_Steel. I know this is a common map to hate on, but it is for a reason; it absolutely fucks your team’s morality to shit. Besides, it’s way too spawncampable. I see some people complaining about Gravelpit, but it’s without any doubt a far more balanced map.

My point being: keep Steel out of ETF2L. I am sure there are tons of better maps to play.

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Quoted from Pistolvania

Map pool is nice except for Cp_Steel. I know this is a common map to hate on, but it is for a reason; it absolutely fucks your team’s morality to shit. Besides, it’s way too spawncampable. I see some people complaining about Gravelpit, but it’s without any doubt a far more balanced map.

My point being: keep Steel out of ETF2L. I am sure there are tons of better maps to play.

How the map can affect morality? The problem is inside your team not in the map. You have couple of spawn exits always avaible if you can’t set up a proper defence it’s obvious that rival will use it against you.

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from Hajdzik

[…]

How the map can affect morality? The problem is inside your team not in the map. You have couple of spawn exits always avaible if you can’t set up a proper defence it’s obvious that rival will use it against you.

Being bad at one or several maps in particular can be demoralizing. You don’t want to beat evenly matched teams on maps you know well and then lose hard to arguably worse teams on maps you don’t know too well.
That’s what I think he may mean, at least.

Pistolvania

Quoted from Freakie

[…]

Being bad at one or several maps in particular can be demoralizing. You don’t want to beat evenly matched teams on maps you know well and then lose hard to arguably worse teams on maps you don’t know too well.
That’s what I think he may mean, at least.

^This, you put it way better than me. Steel wouldn’t be a problem if the majority of the people I play with actually wanted to play it, but that’s not how it is, sadly.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Pistolvania

Not really

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from Pistolvania

exactly. keep steel out of etf2l. i used to hate steel with a passion when i played in UGC Steel, when the map was new to me and we had no clue how to coordinate or where to go. now i enjoy it.

honestly it might be bad for morale but that’s no excuse. losing badwater is probably worse for morale, cause its a map you practice a lot and then you lose and it shows you youve been inadequate in your efforts. way worse for morale.

Last edited by quell,

oslo

sB

Steel is actually a great strategic map. Love it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 15 Next »