Forum

Winger and quickfix in S16?

Created 13th July 2013 @ 13:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

Smyther

X

Quoted from fishyard

[…]

Falling out with regular medigun is harder than with the QF, which is my point.

OK then, yes, I think most of us could agree with that. So now show me something (video, etc) that demonstrates that this advantage makes the weapon OP.

Mors Immortalis

KoP!?

Quoted from Limp.

[…]

Why would you go hide miles away when you can just kill them if they jump on you?
You can still dodge spam and scouts if you use quick fix, can’t you? And why would you jump away against scout and get fucked over, while you can just kill it?

Yet to see valid argument WHY it should be banned.

afair, when QF was first released, people claimed it was “useless” therefore it was banned for being useless while at the same time they were claiming QF was not balanced cause they cannot kill the medic using QF uber

now after they’ve added 50% butt to QF people are claiming it is OP and want Valve to remove buff to make it balanced

anyways, I like the part when people argue that QF is op cause they cannot kill the medic :D
I’m always wondering if those people would ban uber cause they cannot kill ubered medic

Last edited by Mors Immortalis,

rockie

please no…

Despite what I’ve already said in this thread I do think we should at least try it out. We don’t have much to lose, but we do have a lot do gain if it works out.

BitComet

Corner
GRAHAM

Quoted from fishyard

We don’t have much to lose, but we do have a lot do gain if it works out.

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from Mors Immortalis

[…]

afair, when QF was first released, people claimed it was “useless” therefore it was banned for being useless while at the same time they were claiming QF was not balanced cause they cannot kill the medic using QF uber

now after they’ve added 50% butt to QF people are claiming it is OP and want Valve to remove buff to make it balanced

anyways, I like the part when people argue that QF is op cause they cannot kill the medic :D
I’m always wondering if those people would ban uber cause they cannot kill ubered medic

Yeh, how fucking shit are you if you can’t kill medic with QF uber, single scout or solly is enough to kill it. And if you can’t focus fire it with your team to kill it you deserve to fucking lose and cry its too strong.

hawku

AYO

Official’s maps selected alongside a random choice between qf or kritz/uber. That way we can incorporate it without worrying about the balancing issues.

Wud b gud

MEGAMIDDIE

Quoted from Smyther

So now show me something (video, etc) that demonstrates that this advantage makes the weapon OP.

Why don’t you show us a video that it’s not? You’re the one wanting stuff to be changed so it’s on you to prove it should be.

Example: I think the shortstop should be allowed. Show me a video that proves it shouldn’t be. Do you now see how ridiculous this is?

(Disclaimer, I don’t even care whether it gets allowed or not, I don’t play medic and I don’t think it affects scouts all that much, so I’m really not fussed. I’m just pointing this out.)

private_meta

STDs

Quoted from Limp.

[…]

Yeh, how fucking shit are you if you can’t kill medic with QF uber, single scout or solly is enough to kill it. And if you can’t focus fire it with your team to kill it you deserve to fucking lose and cry its too strong.

at least try to be consistent with the shit you say. “one soldier is enough, he just has to focus fire” what? one scout or soldier can almost never take down a medic on qf über without kritz. if the soldiers are mid range, even both soldiers firing at the medic will most likely not be able to take down the medic inbthe duration of the über. of course, two point blank rockets within .5 seconds and the med is down. I don’t say it is too difficult, but it is not as easy as everyone says when people come in from multiple sides

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from private_meta

[…]

at least try to be consistent with the shit you say. “one soldier is enough, he just has to focus fire” what? one scout or soldier can almost never take down a medic on qf über without kritz. if the soldiers are mid range, even both soldiers firing at the medic will most likely not be able to take down the medic inbthe duration of the über. of course, two point blank rockets within .5 seconds and the med is down. I don’t say it is too difficult, but it is not as easy as everyone says when people come in from multiple sides

You are can read englis not very good or what?

Ok fine.

Jump on the medi boom boom boom 3 rockets dead, if not dead shotgun to finish, done. He/She wont take any odd bounces or get flicked in the air = super fucking easy to land all shots quick succesion. If they waste their uber by jumping around with pocket to avoid getting killed, your job is done also.

Last edited by Limp.,

hawku

AYO

Quoted from Limp.

[…]You are can read englis not very good or what?

Ok fine.

Jump on the medi boom boom boom 3 rockets dead, if not dead shotgun to finish, done. He/She wont take any odd bounces or get flicked in the air = super fucking easy to land all shots quick succesion. If they waste their uber by jumping around with pocket to avoid getting killed, your job is done also.

Strong lobby tactics.

Smyther

X

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

[…]

Why don’t you show us a video that it’s not? You’re the one wanting stuff to be changed so it’s on you to prove it should be.

Stuck without TF2 right now, but when I get back I plan to get some mixes and scrims with the QF allowed and put the demos up. Give it a while (though how useful will everyone find div5 demos?). But the point is, you can never work out anything for sure without testing. So yes, if you did propose the shortstop, testing it would be the only real way to know.

Ace

Quoted from Smyther

[…]
Doesn’t it? I thought QF only lasted 8 seconds, but even still, if they popped to jump in, then they popped first; yours will last longer and when both fade, you’ll have the bigger buff. But anyway, theory crafting; we won’t know who’s talking bullshit until it’s tried.

All übers last 8 seconds.

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from hawku

[…]

Strong lobby tactics.

Etf2l, lobby, whats the difference? Yes, non.

Sure its understandable that 3rd vaible option for medigun, that might make you have to react bit differently to it than normal uber sounds sceary and frightening to many. Oh no game gets too complex to my small head to handle. Better use excusses to render it overpowerd.

Jeesus, play more mge and get mentor maybe it will make tf2 serious esports everyone craves.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

For me it’s nothing to do with complexity or OP-ness it’s just our silly little cartoon shooter will look even more silly with medics flying round everywhere. At least rocket and sticky jumps have some, vague, physics grounding to explain them, but a beam of light transferring momentum…gar.

The gameplay changes won’t be as huge as some are making out and it’s certainly NOT OP, the game will just be much more difficult to follow for spectators and casters, less exciting with less important action going on and medics flying everywhere.

I’m really not that bothered either way if truth be told, doubt I’ll use much, if ever, if it get’s allowed and Uber AND Kritz charges beat it up nicely. I foresee more heavies and snipers than ever before, (burst damage FTW!), good change or bad is a point of view thing, but the game will look even more ridiculous and chaotic.

It certainly won’t help make TF2 a serious esport, I feel confident in saying that.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »