Forum

Winger and quickfix in S16?

Created 13th July 2013 @ 13:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

They wouldn’t even have to jump away, just jump upwards and let the rest of your team and the pocket in midair shoot him. Potential for huge airshots though :D

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Whoah there, your team can do exactly the same thing don’t forget, each team’s pocket and medic will end up half a map away from each other, avoiding the gunboating solly doing three or four 15 health RJ’s and my god it’ll be messy and shit to watch and dull to play imo.

I wanna be in the action, clutch healing my demo from 4 health, not hiding 8 miles away just in case a QF medic and pocket suddenly appear in my face.

Dodging spam and scouts is a HUGE part of the fun for me playing medic, just jumping away whenever we like is gonna slow down the game a load and be boring, at least for me anyway.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Smyther

X

First, you’re still theorycrafting.
Second, from what testing’s been done, it doesn’t look like it’s going to turn out the way you’re fearing, at least not on most maps.
Third, not every team’s going to run it, and you certainly don’t have to run it yourself.

Try it for S16, if it turns out shit (and we’re reasonably confident the people having a bad time were just playing shit), either shit in the way you’re predicting or in some other way, then we’ll ban it again. :v

SteaL

wookie

please don’t

Smyther

X

Quoted from SteaL

please don’t

can’t argue with that

Last edited by Smyther,

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Smyther

First, you’re still theorycrafting.
Second, from what testing’s been done, it doesn’t look like it’s going to turn out the way you’re fearing, at least not on most maps.
Third, not every team’s going to run it, and you certainly don’t have to run it yourself.

Try it for S16, if it turns out shit (and we’re reasonably confident the people having a bad time were just playing shit), either shit in the way you’re predicting or in some other way, then we’ll ban it again. :v

so if it turns out shit and op it will ruin the season yay

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from Monkeh

Whoah there, your team can do exactly the same thing don’t forget, each team’s pocket and medic will end up half a map away from each other, avoiding the gunboating solly doing three or four 15 health RJ’s and my god it’ll be messy and shit to watch and dull to play imo.

I wanna be in the action, clutch healing my demo from 4 health, not hiding 8 miles away just in case a QF medic and pocket suddenly appear in my face.

Dodging spam and scouts is a HUGE part of the fun for me playing medic, just jumping away whenever we like is gonna slow down the game a load and be boring, at least for me anyway.

Why would you go hide miles away when you can just kill them if they jump on you?
You can still dodge spam and scouts if you use quick fix, can’t you? And why would you jump away against scout and get fucked over, while you can just kill it?

Yet to see valid argument WHY it should be banned.

Quoted from Smyther

[…]
Then wait for their QF to die down, and if you popped, uber lasts longer than QF

They can jump away after you über and come into you when your über has faded. That’s why allowing QF is stupid IMO.

EDIT: Quoted from Smyther

I think quick-fix blocks capping, but the wiki doesn’t say.
[…]
Run QF yourself?

Very nice argument, Use the QF yourself. Very good indeed.

Last edited by fishyard,

Smyther

X

Quoted from fishyard

[…]

They can jump away after you über and come into you when your über has faded. That’s why allowing QF is stupid IMO.

1) Kill the rest of the team with uber (or any number of other solutions, some of which I proposed in the post you quoted).
2) See previous posts about theorycrafting being bullshit. Logs, screens, demos and videos first, words after.

Edit:
Quoted from rytis

[…]
so if it turns out shit and op it will ruin the season yay

Literally the only thing anyone’s said in this thread that comes close to being a valid argument against allowing these weapons for season 16.

Last edited by Smyther,

Quoted from Smyther

[…]
1) Kill the rest of the team with uber (or any number of other solutions, some of which I proposed in the post you quoted).

Imagine, you have über and the other team has über. The other team is using the QF you’re using the medigun. You pop in on them and they jump out, wait 8 seconds come back in and rape you. Now tell me QF is balanced.

Last edited by fishyard,

Smyther

X

Quoted from fishyard

[…]

Imagine, you have über and the other team has über. The other team is using the QF you’re using the medigun. You pop in on them and they jump out, wait 8 seconds come back in and rape you. Now tell me QF is balanced.

It’s like you’re not even trying. Both ubers fade. You have full buffs, they have half. Kill whole team. Medic jumps away again? Kill rest of team, then kill combo. Whole team jumps away? Take point. :v

Edit: Also, logs/demo/video/something showing you not playing shit and still getting owned by QF plz.

Last edited by Smyther,

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from fishyard

[…]

Imagine you have small uber advantage and you pop in and they back out and 8 second later they come in and rape you. Tell me uber is balanced

could make up similar situation to kritz if you like.

Last edited by Limp.,

Quoted from Smyther

[…]
It’s like you’re not even trying. Both ubers fade. You have full buffs, they have half.

Both übers don’t fade, read what I said, they don’t pop until your über fade. Also they can have more buff hå in total because of using the QF.

Quoted from Limp.

[…]

Imagine you have small uber advantage and you pop in and they back out and 8 second later they come in and rape you. Tell me uber is balanced

Falling out with regular medigun is harder than with the QF, which is my point.

Limp.

EPA

Yes on some level you could say it’s easier but, you are easy(er) to kill while qf uber, unlike with normal uber.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »