Forum

[S4] Unlocks Feedback

Created 24th February 2013 @ 16:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

Caberbomber is much easier to counter. It is actually quite rare that a bomber manages to kill the medic. Every time when a demoman manages to do this, he deservers applauds. It’s nothing typical (eg. spy killing a camping sniper) which happens on every match.

Beggar’s bazooka is like a caberbomber on easy mode.

Muuki: LTE on your video soundtrack! Love it.

Last edited by SabaSaba,

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

Whitelist update:

The Beggar’s Bazooka is now banned
The Quackenbirdt is now allowed

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from emb

Whitelist update:

The Quackenbirdt is now allowed

Eternal love and prosperity to you

Quoted from SabaSaba

Muuki: LTE on your video soundtrack! Love it.

:]

Last edited by Muuki,

Quoted from emb

Whitelist update:

o/
Quoted from Juracule

[…]
great you now still have a player behind you who can pick off weak players or spread 102’s across the map, while still being more or less an upgrade
Killing the spy makes everyone immune to backstabs for at least 20secs without the risk of getting randomly headshot from behind you.

Because nobody on the team could possibly deal with a spy who just obviously used DR and is now deep in enemy territory without any protection. It’s not the Pyros responsibility to deal with it when he does that.
My argument wasn’t that it’s useless. My argument was that it’s a trade off: it allows you to get away from pyros easier and in turn makes it very hard to stab anyone near the pyro (i.e. anyone meaningful).

Last edited by Schmuse,

unu

Spycicle is a pretty bad weapon IMO. It really only favours gun spies and luckily there are few of those.

You trade off pickability for surviveability which isn’t really ideal for most spies.

Fresh'z

§GOLD

I agree on spycicle being allowed, even on DR it’s not always hard to catch the spy as a pyro. Depends on spy/pyro

SmitZ

Quoted from Tomu

Please can we be done with the Spycicle and the Beggars Bazooka. The spy does not need an annoying 15 second counter to his counter class.

I agree with schmuse on this one. The spycicle is perfectly balanced because of how utterly stupid it is.

I think you should take a look at your own silly crutch weapons first tomu, like your axe that does 195 damage with no effort at all.

Juracule

Aspie

Quoted from Schmuse

[…]
o/
[…]
Because nobody on the team could possibly deal with a spy who just obviously used DR and is now deep in enemy territory without any protection. It’s not the Pyros responsibility to deal with it when he does that.
My argument wasn’t that it’s useless. My argument was that it’s a trade off: it allows you to get away from pyros easier and in turn makes it very hard to stab anyone near the pyro (i.e. anyone meaningful).

Very rarely does it occur that you actually miss a stab with the spycicle – the fact that you never know if you’d have made the stab or not leads many spy mains to believe that all of them would have been backstabs, while any decent pyro also immediately airblasts you away. The only time when it’s very likely that you’d have made the stab if the pyro is directly behind you and could not have airblasted you away as you’d be airblasted right in the medic’s back.
Hell I’d say the chances of dying randomly somewhere because of random fire particles are far higher than actually, definitely missing a backstab.
Your argument was that a pyro can protect everyone from backstabs for 15s by flamespamming; but if a spy is found through flamespamming he would otherwise have been dead, ultimately also protecting everyone from backstabs.
And things like kills not appearing in killfeed just top it off, giving you that 0.5s advantage, as the team normally would’ve seen if someone behind them got backstabbed in the killfeed, which now has to be relayed over mumble.

Also smitz I think there’s quite a difference between a class that’s supposed to be strong in close-range getting a strong close-range weapon and a class that’s supposed to be countered by pyros getting a weapon that reduces this counter severely.

Other weapons that I’d say should be banned:
Ullapool Caber – come on, it reduces the demoman’s weakness in close-range severely, being able to suicide with his attacker that would’ve otherwise killed him, for which he does not even have to hit him (just hit a wall close to your attacker). Hey if it were to add excitement or make the game more tense I’d say go for it (like the Ubersaw), but I’d say ban it.

Quoted from Juracule

[…]
Very rarely does it occur that you actually miss a stab with the spycicle – the fact that you never know if you’d have made the stab or not leads many spy mains to believe that all of them would have been backstabs, while any decent pyro also immediately airblasts you away.

You base this on… nothing?
I’m sorry to go there but I don’t see what exactly qualifies you to comment on this?

The only time when it’s very likely that you’d have made the stab if the pyro is directly behind you and could not have airblasted you away as you’d be airblasted right in the medic’s back.
Hell I’d say the chances of dying randomly somewhere because of random fire particles are far higher than actually, definitely missing a backstab.
Your argument was that a pyro can protect everyone from backstabs for 15s by flamespamming; but if a spy is found through flamespamming he would otherwise have been dead, ultimately also protecting everyone from backstabs.

My argument is that if a spy is found by flamespam, which is not directly spychecking teammates with flames, just by spamming and turning, the pyro himself is often surprised to find a spy and it takes about a second to even realize he just lit something on fire in the corner of the screen he just turned away from. Depending on the positioning this can lead to a stab. This may or may not be a rare occurence depending on how bad the spy or how paranoid the pyro is.

Last edited by Schmuse,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from SmitZ

[…]

I agree with schmuse on this one. The spycicle is perfectly balanced because of how utterly stupid it is.

I think you should take a look at your own silly crutch weapons first tomu, like your axe that does 195 damage with no effort at all.

Wow

For the axtinguisher to actually be useful the pyro has to leave his combo making them vulnerable to spies, and the other team has to be stupid enough to let the pyro get close. May not be too much of an effort to use it, but it is practically useless especially since the flaregun can fulfill the same purpose without the pyro even getting close.

The real problem with the spycicle is that you need to enable ragdolls to see the ice sculptures that the spycicle leave behind; leaving those that have good hardware at an advantage because they can afford to turn on ragdolls without having to compromise their framerate. Since not everyone can see the ice sculptures, which is the counterbalance to the spycicle being a silent killer, I suggest it should be banned anyway.

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
I don’t see a big difference between a caber bomb and a bazooka bomb, the negative feedback about the bazooka was that it comes out from nowhere and will most likely drop your medic, right?

you can stack bodies or stack with the dispesner and it won’t kill you

Limp.

EPA

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]
The real problem with the spycicle is that you need to enable ragdolls to see the ice sculptures that the spycicle leave behind; leaving those that have good hardware at an advantage because they can afford to turn on ragdolls without having to compromise their framerate. Since not everyone can see the ice sculptures, which is the counterbalance to the spycicle being a silent killer, I suggest it should be banned anyway.

One of the most retarded walls of text in this forum I’v ever seen. Please use your brain cells bit more, thank you.

As if you couldn’t hear it corss the map when someone gets stabbed by it. And Since when has hardware been basis to ban or limit anything.. just ughh..

Last edited by Limp.,

Juracule

Aspie

Quoted from Schmuse

[…]You base this on… nothing?
I’m sorry to go there but I don’t see what exactly qualifies you to comment on this?
[…]
My argument is that if a spy is found by flamespam, which is not directly spychecking teammates with flames, just by spamming and turning, the pyro himself is often surprised to find a spy and it takes about a second to even realize he just lit something on fire in the corner of the screen he just turned away from. Depending on the positioning this can lead to a stab. This may or may not be a rare occurence depending on how bad the spy or how paranoid the pyro is.

I base this on my own experience with the damn thing, on abductive reasoning, and on my own 250h of experience as pyro. Also talking with DL, such as this comment: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?p=34106708&postcount=14
Just think for yourself, what are the requirements for you having to miss a stab with the spycicle that you otherwise would have had?
One: pyro needs be near combo (which is a high chance)
Two: you need to be positioned in such a way that airblast will push you into the medic
Three: You need to be pretty fucking close to the med when the flame particles hit you, like your knife needs to be showing the knife-going up animation already

Lol, a second to react when you see something bursting out in fire? Especially when you’re flaming near your medics/important class’s back? Bullshit.

But yeah keep on with the ad hominems bro its pro, kinda wondering what qualifies you to talk about the spycicle tho

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Limp.

[…]

One of the most retarded walls of text in this forum I’v ever seen. Please use your brain cells bit more, thank you.

As if you couldn’t hear it corss the map when someone gets stabbed by it. And Since when has hardware been basis to ban or limit anything.. just ughh..

No need to question my intelligence just because you happen to disagree with me. In fact, if your genuinely believe that a two sentence paragraph is a “wall of text”, it is your intelligence that ought to be questioned, not mine.

Nevertheless, the Phlogistinator comes to mind. It is completely useless because it lacks the airblast, which is the Pyro’s strongest tool. Not only that, if you let the Pyro even get close to a full charge you are doing something terribly wrong. Especially since you can just casually spam him to kill him; he has no means of deflecting spam. So why was it banned? Because the particle effect that the Phlogistinator ejects COMPLETELY rapes everyone’s FPS, which probably is its strongest capability.

Yes, hardware is vital when it comes to deciding which items and maps are going to be included in a season; adequate performance and optimisation is crucial in order to create a good map. The main reason Arctic is a terrible map is because optimisation is completely overlooked (and I say this as a map author myself; the map is badly designed in regards to optimisation, as almost all visleafs has to be drawn at any given time), and who enjoys playing on a map with terrible performance. Well, those whose computers can handle it, but everyone else? But if this applies to maps, why not items? You ask when performance has been a criteria for inclusion or exclusion. Well, there are very few items that require so much processing power as having to enable ragdolls to get the full extent of said item. So in that regard, it is in my opinion a subject of exclusion.

TL;DR: No, this is not a wall of text either, read the whole post.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from ondkaja

if your genuinely believe that a two sentence paragraph is a “wall of text”, it is your intelligence that ought to be questioned, not mine.

Ouch. Please consider yourself ‘burned’.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »