Forum

[S4] Unlocks Feedback

Created 24th February 2013 @ 16:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »

Niko Jims

501st

Quoted from Ghost Killer

I do think Rescue Ranger should be banned. Engineer places the sentry far away, when some is about to destroy it, the engineer shoots at it and put it somewhere else. The whole commotion a team need to make to destroy it are always delayed or become useless.

It costs 130 metal to teleport it. Whenever an Engineer picks up any building he gets marked for death until 3 seconds after he places it down. It makes it much harder to deal with Spies and it can’t knock off Sappers. It was talked about before this current UGC season and was deemed balanced because of the following.

As for the Beggar’s, it really needs to be banned and a lot of people were surprised when it wasn’t. The bombing is unstoppable and it shoots incredibly fast thanks to an endless supply of rockets. The only downsides are that airshots are near impossible and you can’t get ammo from Dispensers. It’s a really broken weapon. I’ve seen Pyro mains run BB in PUGs and get more kills/Med picks/drops than IM Soldier’s on Viaduct. A fun weapon, but broken. Go play some matches on Viaduct, or just about any KotH map, with it and see for yourself.

Last edited by Niko Jims,

Tomu

BoyBrigade
MEGA$$

Please can we be done with the Spycicle and the Beggars Bazooka. The spy does not need an annoying 15 second counter to his counter class.

Also we don’t need soldiers landing on medics heads and shooting 3 rockets instantly.

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from Muuki

[…]

It’s a batshit retarded weapon which destroys all low level competition on certain points such as badwater 1st, it doesn’t exactly require a lot of skill either. http://youtu.be/4FjpTICD7ZM?t=1m36s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxI9GmN8NhE

sure, the very keenest and high level teams are starting a bit by bit to learn how to counter it, but it’s still way too rewarding for badwater 1st, swiftwater all points, gullywash 1st and some parts of upward. I can easily drop the medic on a high plat level in ugc pcws about half of the time, and the half where i fail is because i fail the jump in early parts or the rockets decide to go in the most unlucky positions.

As a soldier main I can say that this is something that the class does not need, it’s like a wrangler for soldier except that it’s more situational and better. There is just no way to counter it in a way that doesn’t leave your team otherwise vulnerable

quoting this

unu

// Blocked Weapons: (Total: 13)
“The Vita-Saw” “0”
“The Enforcer” “0”
“The Pomson 6000” “0”
“The Phlogistinator” “0”
“The Holiday Punch” “0”
“The Cleaner’s Carbine” “0”
“Pretty Boy’s Pocket Pistol” “0”
“The Red-Tape Recorder” “0”
“The Huo Long Heatmaker” “0”
“Promo Red-Tape Recorder” “0”
“Promo Huo Long Heatmaker” “0”
“Deflector” “0”
“The Quackenbirdt” “0”

Why?

Quoted from Tomu

Please can we be done with the Spycicle
The spy does not need an annoying 15 second counter to his counter class.

Our pyro likes it. Just accidentally touching the Spy with flame spam instantly makes everyone immune to backstabs for 15 seconds. The Spycicle makes it easy to protect the combo.
If you think your job is to get spy kills then too bad for you.

Quoted from Muuki

[…]
It’s a batshit retarded weapon which destroys all low level competition on certain points such as badwater 1st, it doesn’t exactly require a lot of skill either. http://youtu.be/4FjpTICD7ZM?t=1m36s http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxI9GmN8NhE

sure, the very keenest and high level teams are starting a bit by bit to learn how to counter it, but it’s still way too rewarding for badwater 1st, swiftwater all points, gullywash 1st and some parts of upward. I can easily drop the medic on a high plat level in ugc pcws about half of the time, and the half where i fail is because i fail the jump in early parts or the rockets decide to go in the most unlucky positions.

As a soldier main I can say that this is something that the class does not need, it’s like a wrangler for soldier except that it’s more situational and better. There is just no way to counter it in a way that doesn’t leave your team otherwise vulnerable

Quoting this. The Beggar’s Bazooka is the Soldier’s Phlogistinator. Ban it, please.

Last edited by Schmuse,

marten

TBC

as someone who plays medic in UGC silver i would like to see the beggar’s bazooka banned. This weapon absolutely destroyed me and the sentry in a scrim on barnblitz. (i believe multiple times). i feel like if more soldiers get used to this weapons i wont be save anymore since its almost unavoidable when used correctly.

A soldier in highlander is sort of a bombing class already, dont make it easier for a soldier to get (medic)picks.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from unu

// Blocked Weapons: (Total: 13)
“The Vita-Saw” “0”
“The Enforcer” “0”
“The Pomson 6000” “0”
“The Phlogistinator” “0”
“The Holiday Punch” “0”
“The Cleaner’s Carbine” “0”
“Pretty Boy’s Pocket Pistol” “0”
“The Red-Tape Recorder” “0”
“The Huo Long Heatmaker” “0”
“Promo Red-Tape Recorder” “0”
“Promo Huo Long Heatmaker” “0”
“Deflector” “0”
“The Quackenbirdt” “0”

Why?

Some sort of mis-communication sorting the configs, it was never meant to be banned. Will be fixed.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

Some sort of mis-communication sorting the configs, it was never meant to be banned. Will be fixed.

I thought we discussed it was overpowered? ^^

Hugs

[É]

I would be against banning the rescue ranger. It adds a nice versatility to a pretty stale class. I don’t think it breaks the meta as much as some players claim. If the engy wants to use the rescue ranger to stand far away and pull the sentry out of dodge before it gets destroyed then great, you can focus the rest of your push on getting kills. Also, if the engy is holding away from his sentry and is running the rescue ranger it should be easy to send almost any class in to kill him. I would be impressed by and engy who can hold his own running only rescue ranger and wrangler. Then just spam out the sentry.

The RR makes the engy take minicrits but he will also run slower, so if you commit one class to chasing down the engy during a push you will almost certainly catch him, taking down the gun and engy. This pretty much guarantees your team can continue its momentum.

Enders Flame

Beggars Bazokaa seems almost unstoppable if executed correctly on low hp classes. Ie. Medic. This is a dynamic the league doesn’t need imo.

Juracule

Aspie

Quoted from Schmuse

[…]
Our pyro likes it. Just accidentally touching the Spy with flame spam instantly makes everyone immune to backstabs for 15 seconds. The Spycicle makes it easy to protect the combo.
If you think your job is to get spy kills then too bad for you.

great you now still have a player behind you who can pick off weak players or spread 102’s across the map, while still being more or less an upgrade
Killing the spy makes everyone immune to backstabs for at least 20secs without the risk of getting randomly headshot from behind you.

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from Juracule

[…]
great you now still have a player behind you who can pick off weak players or spread 102’s across the map, while still being more or less an upgrade
Killing the spy makes everyone immune to backstabs for at least 20secs without the risk of getting randomly headshot from behind you.

this pretty much. chasing the spy isn’t difficult but it means leaving the combo/engie vulnerable. it’s delaying death in a way that only the deadringer should.

Carlos Kaiser

If you are going to ban the bazooka ban the sticky jumper too, makes perfect sense.

Edit: Well, my bad, probably the caber instead, you can do the jumper+caber med drop with the stock launcher+caber too.

Last edited by Carlos Kaiser,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

If you are going to ban the bazooka ban the sticky jumper too, makes perfect sense.

those aren’t even remotely comparable

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Muuki

[…]

those aren’t even remotely comparable

I don’t see a big difference between a caber bomb and a bazooka bomb, the negative feedback about the bazooka was that it comes out from nowhere and will most likely drop your medic, right?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »