Created 24th October 2012 @ 21:05

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
The last mach can not be scheduled under the same conditions because we can not allow a potential delay of 4 weeks (= 2 wildcards) for a week 7 match (unless the playoff teams do not mind a 4 week long break and playing over the christmas holidays)

“as equal conditions as possible”

1 extra week means 2 weeks for the last match (excluding early scheduling before the actual match week) is not as much as normal wildcards give, but a HUGE margin, and the catch-up week IS THERE ALREADY. Why not use it? You’re kinda ignoring the most important part of my argument :S

Last edited by skeej,

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Quoted from Oxy

[…]

Sorry but this is literally one of the most stupid things I have ever read on ETF2L.

Care to elaborate?

So the suggestion is simple and effective.

Can you play Monday?
If both teams say yes, then game is on Monday, if not…
Can you play Tuesday?
If both teams say yes, then game is on Tuesday, if not…

Continue, and if no agreement is made, then count up the number of days each team said yes for. Then see the rest of the previous post.

You don’t actually have to contact the teams, you could just stick something on the match page like: Please post the days you are available, from Sunday to Monday. It’s quite simple really…

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from AcidReniX

You don’t actually have to contact the teams, you could just stick something on the match page like: Please post the days you are available, from Sunday to Monday. It’s quite simple really…

This already exists.

AcidReniX

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

If it’s as black and white as you said (dc can play 6 days, cc// only 1 day), we’d put a default date that works for the team that plays 6 days.

Because actually… it’s not far off the current scenario with the DC CC prem game.

[…]

Why? It’s up to the teams to schedule, not you. Your job is to assign a default date based on what availability has been posted if no date has been agreed upon by the end of the scheduling deadline to ensure there is at least room to get a defaultwin if one of the teams hasn’t put any effort into scheduling.

They need to post their availability if they want the defaultdate to suit them.

But just to clarify, the problem with the DC CC game is nothing to do with the default date that was set. The issue is not being able to wildcard like in previous weeks, and having no options to reschedule, despite knowing that we can’t make the game, 4 days in advance.

No one can fault CC for proposing the only date they are available. That’s just common sense. As far as we knew, we could play on that date. There’s was no reason to believe that we couldn’t. However, we found out later that we couldn’t make this date. In any other week, there is an effective method to counter these late schedule issues, and that’s the wildcard system, which means at any point up to 15 minutes prior to a game, a team can force a reschedule. For this one week, we can’t, and so even though it’s not 15 minutes before, but 4 days before, we have no choice but to give a default, because the wildcard system took a rain cheque for the final week of the season, the crucial weeks that decide the final standings of the divisions.

I mean, even a reduced timespan wildcard system would have been better than removing it completely. Since week 6 games could potentially be played 2 weeks after the week 6 deadline (through two wildcards), you could have it so that week 7 games could be wildcarded, but with only a 1 week grace period (even if a wildcard is used by _both_ teams, the new dates still have to _both_ fall in the following week). But no… instead, it was deemed a smarter approach to completely remove the system that works so well throughout the season for the final week, which just looks dumb because it means week 6 games can finish later than week 7 games, and the reason given for having no reschedule options for week 7 is, “There’s no time”…. . . .. but the week 6 games. .. *sigh*

AcidReniX

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

This already exists.

But apparently it’s the dumbest thing he’s heard on the Internet?
Oh.. Okay.

Oxy

TC.Express

Quoted from AcidReniX

[…]

Care to elaborate?

So the suggestion is simple and effective.

Can you play Monday?
If both teams say yes, then game is on Monday, if not…
Can you play Tuesday?
If both teams say yes, then game is on Tuesday, if not…

Continue, and if no agreement is made, then count up the number of days each team said yes for. Then see the rest of the previous post.

You want the admins to arrange your games for you like 5yr olds and it would still require a response from both teams. You may as well just post what days and times you can each play on the match page. Outcomes:

1) Hey presto! Some of the times match! We should play at that time then.
2) None of the times match, let admins set default date usually in favour of the team who have made themselves most available.
3) The other team doesn’t post anything, you instantly get default date at a time you can play. Profit.

The admins shouldn’t need to poke you and suggest every day and see if you can both play, that is your job.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from AcidReniX

[…]

But apparently it’s the dumbest thing he’s heard on the Internet?
Oh.. Okay.

No, I think he (and I) interpreted your post as to mean that admins were to arrange people’s games.

Anyway, your idea to have teams post their play days on the match page already exists.

In fact, the whole point of comments being allowed on the match page is exactly for that purpose.

AcidReniX

That’s great then. It was just highlighting what I’d do, looks like I had the same ideas as the current ruleset. Can’t argue with that! :)

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

I imagine you meant something like a doodle, Arx? It would be like the current system but a bit more gimmicky and limited.

AcidReniX

Was just trying to get the concept through, rather than the actual method. I didn’t mean to actually go up to one team, and ask them, then go to the other team, and ask them, then go back and ask the first team the next day…..

Just was how I thought would be best to explain it :P

MIndYe

[hePPa]

ETF2L has 2 systems to delay games for a week if you can’t agree on a date. (Wildcard and admin permission)
ETF2L also has an extra week to play games.
How about COMBINING THEM (I know, it sounds crazy) so you can wildcard your week 7 game and play it on catchup week. Fucking brilliant!

Oxy

TC.Express

Quoted from MIndYe

ETF2L has 2 systems to delay games for a week if you can’t agree on a date. (Wildcard and admin permission)
ETF2L also has an extra week to play games.
How about COMBINING THEM (I know, it sounds crazy) so you can wildcard your week 7 game and play it on catchup week. Fucking brilliant!

– Last day of week 7 a game is wildcarded >>>
– Team that didn’t wildcard can only play early in catch up week and now have to schedule the game and get it played extremely quickly despite it not being there fault >>>
– Another thread of forum whining.

Not saying your idea is bad, just saying every method has its problems.

Last edited by Oxy,

AcidReniX

But it’s still better than not being able to play at all.
currently with Week 7, you only get one day to play the game, if you can’t make it, then you have to give a default win to your opponents.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from AcidReniX

Since week 6 games could potentially be played 2 weeks after the week 6 deadline (through two wildcards), you could have it so that week 7 games could be wildcarded, but with only a 1 week grace period (even if a wildcard is used by _both_ teams, the new dates still have to _both_ fall in the following week)….because it means week 6 games can finish later than week 7 games, and the reason given for having no reschedule options for week 7 is, “There’s no time”…. . . .. but the week 6 games. .. *sigh*

This is by far the most sensible point and idea posted so far. If week 6 games can be postponed by 2 weeks there is absolutely no reason why a week 7 game can’t be postponed for 1 week. That’s just very simple maths innit.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

We have a.. let us say.. challenging team to schedule. I had multiple people in the team traveling, going abroad, sleeping disorders (hi sparky), etc. But we managed. So I can relate somewhat to ‘dc’ here.

The wildcard problem in week 7 bothered us too, since we had little people available in that week. But you can always ask the admins to schedule in a catch-up week when the other team agrees. At least you would have been heard about a possible default date that might have suited both teams?

Last edited by Andee,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »