Forum

[S3] Unlocks feedback

Created 14th October 2012 @ 16:10

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
it is plain stupid. Last I remember the vita was somewhat broken though so you didn’t need to drop 100% to be very very near 20%

I thought everyone knew that you save 20% as long as you died with at least 20%.

Monkeh

.:ne:.

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

I thought everyone knew that you save 20% as long as you died with at least 20%.

This is my understanding of how the weapon works as well as it giving you 20% back if you die whilst using a kritz and you have more than 20% left as you deaded yourself.

Hmm, kritz every 24 seconds plus respawn time anyone?

Last edited by Monkeh,

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

This is my understanding of how the weapon works as well as it giving you 20% back if you die whilst using a kritz and you have more than 20% left as you deaded yourself.

Hmm, kritz every 24 seconds plus respawn time anyone?

The vita saw ban is just stupid, it’s not broken and annoying to play against like the wrangler or the red tape recorder and it’s not a bad weapon that is just annoying for enemies like the croc-o-kit or the saharan set, it makes ubers faster, the game overall faster and more interesting, and if it’s that overpowered why most of the medics still don’t use it? What i want to say if people think that vita saw is op or broken they will simply use it and if they don’t think that way they are completely ok with it and have nothing against it. I’m sure that if ugc didn’t ban the vita saw etf2l would never do that too.

Last edited by Carlos Kaiser,

Monkeh

My problem with it is the timing thing. If you push with kritz against uber, force the pop from the enemy and then die you simply can’t have the kritz charged before the defenders have their uber up again, 30 seconds + respawn = long enough to get uber charged.

If you don’t die as you push with kritz then, well done, you’ve worked an advantage as as long as you don’t die you have the kritz before the uber is charged.

With vita saw this isn’t the case, you can push with kritz and die, respawn with your 20% in the bank and have a full charge again before the enemy can have their uber charged.

This is what makes it questionable. Destruction of an important part of the meta game imo.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from r_a_k

[…]

One can argue, that Medic having lower health and not being able to build extra uber by swings make it evenly matched. Also, it isn’t like medic pick isn’t important – sure he returns with some uber built, but it is 20% top. Factor in respawn time etc – it still isn’t just plain “if one has it, the other has to use it as well”.

Which is better, getting 1 relevant ubersaw swing per game (you’re most likely goign to die from swings anyway since you shouldn’t be doing that in 9v9), or having to build 80% uber/kritz compared to 100%? it’s 1/5 less time needed, which by common sense is better than some risky 25% swing weapon which gets you killed.

And in 9v9 you’re going to die alot since there is always the spy and the sniper trying to pick you + bombing soldier etc..

The ban is good

[…]
The vita saw ban is just stupid, it’s not broken and annoying to play against like the wrangler or the red tape recorder and it’s not a bad weapon that is just annoying for enemies like the croc-o-kit or the saharan set, it makes ubers faster, the game overall faster and more interesting, and if it’s that overpowered why most of the medics still don’t use it? What i want to say if people think that vita saw is op or broken they will simply use it and if they don’t think that way they are completely ok with it and have nothing against it. I’m sure that if ugc didn’t ban the vita saw etf2l would never do that too.

It makes ubertiming a guessing game. Who knows whether he had the Vitasaw equipped? If you kill him shortly after he ubered, how much charge does he have (if any) that transfers over?

And how would we wouldn’t ban it if UGC didn’t?

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]
And how would we wouldn’t ban it if UGC didn’t? We’ve banned the Vita-Saw every season.

latest whitelist for 9v9 before this announcement:

// ETF2L Highlander Season 2, Full, all allowed
//
// Blocked weapons for Main classes:
// - The Holiday Punch
// - The Beggar's Bazooka
//
// Blocked weapons for Support classes:
// - The Enforcer
// - The Pomson 6000
// - The Phlogistinator
// - The Spy-cicle
// - The Lollichop
// - The Scorch Shot
// - The Rainblower
// - The Cleaner's Carbine
// - The Hitman's Heatmaker

// Blocked Weapons: (Total: 12)
"The Enforcer" "0"
"The Pomson 6000" "0"
"The Phlogistinator" "0"
"The Spy-cicle" "0"
"The Holiday Punch" "0"
"The Beggar's Bazooka" "0"
"The Lollichop" "0"
"The Scorch Shot" "0"
"The Rainblower" "0"
"The Cleaner's Carbine" "0"
"The Hitman's Heatmaker" "0"
"Baby Face's Blaster" "0"

// Blocked Items: (Total: 14)
"The Attendant" "0"
"The Milkman" "0"
"The Familiar Fez" "0"
"The Grenadier's Softcap" "0"
"Ol' Snaggletooth" "0"
"Bombinomicon" "0"
"The Jingle Belt" "0"
"The Bootie Time" "0"
"Pet Balloonicorn" "0"
"Autogrant Pyrovision Goggles" "0"
"Pyrovision Goggles" "0"
"The Infernal Orchestrina" "0"
"The Burning Bongos" "0"
"The Fruit Shoot" "0"

No vita-saw there

Last edited by Muuki,

maukkaaa

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

It makes ubertiming a guessing game. Who knows whether he had the Vitasaw equipped? If you kill him shortly after he ubered, how much charge does he have (if any) that transfers over?

And how would we wouldn’t ban it if UGC didn’t? We’ve banned the Vita-Saw every season.

the spy can check if the vitasaw is equipped or not

Quoted from Muuki

[…]latest whitelist for 9v9 before this announcement:

No vita-saw there

Thought we did, my bad.

Quoted from maukkaaa

[…]

the spy can check if the vitasaw is equipped or not

He can, but who’s to say the medic won’t simply switch to it later? Or use it to throw you off initially then switches away from it? There’s no visual indicator for it (other than the Spy looking right at him, or the Solemn Vow).

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

L-iNC

Not surprisingly these weapon bans make no sense. If you want to cater to 6v6 players make it vanilla, otherwise allow every unlock that is not glitchy.

You allow a pyro set hat but not a spy one? Why exactly? Because the only invis watch that would benefit from the set hat is Dead Ringer which shouldn’t be allowed in the first place as it’s quite possibly even more retarded of an unlock than Pomson is.

I’d love to see a reasoning behind the these decisions.

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Monkeh

My problem with it is the timing thing. If you push with kritz against uber, force the pop from the enemy and then die you simply can’t have the kritz charged before the defenders have their uber up again, 30 seconds + respawn = long enough to get uber charged.

If you don’t die as you push with kritz then, well done, you’ve worked an advantage as as long as you don’t die you have the kritz before the uber is charged.

With vita saw this isn’t the case, you can push with kritz and die, respawn with your 20% in the bank and have a full charge again before the enemy can have their uber charged.

This is what makes it questionable. Destruction of an important part of the meta game imo.

It’s worthwile to note that vita saw uber charges at the same speed as the kritzkrieg with any other saw.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

[…]
It’s worthwile to note that vita saw uber charges at the same speed as the kritzkrieg with any other saw.

Yes but you have get 20% less

envy

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

There’s no visual indicator for it

It was a lame argument against several unlocks for 6’s, and it’s even more silly trying apply it to Highlander.

Quoted from envy

[…]
It was a lame argument against several unlocks for 6’s, and it’s even more silly trying apply it to Highlander.

Not at all. If there’s no visual indicator, how do you prepare for it? Guess?

jabu

I’m posting from a personal perspective and following ugc forums:

holiday punch stops ubers which is kind of not cool even though it takes skill to do that

red tape breaks mini sentries because it takes a long time to destroy one and you can’t destroy it during the sap + several bugs i think

ugc is a good 5-6 weeks into their season and i haven’t seen anyone rage from the gas jockey set or use it effectively, so i think it’s fine

meanwhile if some guy that you tried headshotting lived every time like he had medic overheal then you’d rage pretty hard

you aren’t supposed to be immune to headshots which is why the sniper set is banned, and you are supposed to hear someone decloak behind you which is why i think the spy set is banned

attendant pyro gets wrecked by mini sentries and any bullets (i think headshots do extra damage too) and forces you to use a gimmicky melee

pocket pistol gives scout too much hp and survivability

cleaner carbine giving free crits is kind of stupid, suddenly your medic can easily drop to a noscope bodyshot

heavies shouldn’t be able to spycheck which is why huo long is banned, even though spies can jump over the flames, it’s still stupid.

guillotine takes skill to aim, just like the sandman, and you can argue that the sandman is op if you think guillotine is op

remember that’s just my observations

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 6 Next »