[HL] Experimental Cup #1 - Map Feedback

Created 31st January 2012 @ 20:44

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

I’ve heard upland also has the overtime bug á la steel and gravelpit

pala4

I like “steel” style maps, butjust bring back steel to mappool and it will be ok, cp_upland is not a bad map but it should be updated and more balanced

I liked barnblitz a lot, it requires a good teamplay, especially while attacking the last point

foundry is not fun to play, a stalemate map

Quoted from Linus

Foundry – best 5cp in highlander, quite fun for any class I believe

Speak for yourself…

Thalash

wG
S-O

cp_foundry is a great map for highlander imo.

upland is not bad, but theres so many better options.

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from CUBE

[…]
Speak for yourself…

Need a break for the pyro after all the excitement on the other maps…

alfa

all shit besides turbine

kurt

trick17
trick17

upland lacks any distinctive graphical or gameplay features. Whole map looks the same except for the last point. On some points you can cap behind the corrugated metal.

Alx

SNSD-jjang ♥

upland:

The spawn part in the middle is a friggin labyrinth. There are way too many corners everywhere and unnecessary dead-ends.

It needs to be much clearer which entrance leads to which point, and it needs to be much more logical. Re-think and remove all those dead ends everywhere.

Also fix all those gates which only opens after a certain point is capped. Keep max 2 at some key places.

Simplify, simplify and simplify the layout. Also make the points special features stand out more and be more unique and clear, instead of a maze of props and ways to go.

The whole map feels far from finished and very unpolished. It’s like a bad version of steel.

turbine_pro:
There are better HL maps around, feels a bit small and boring. Works alright I guess, but still not as good as others. The int capping is something different though.

barnblitz / foundry
The most promising ones I’d say. Both decent and fun to play for most classes. Personal pick would be barnblitz. Foundry is a bit too open and sniper-friendly for my taste.

Last edited by Alx,

Mark

Phase

Can you get screenshots of these dead ends? Because there are none that I know of.

And the doors that open when points are capped… well:

A – The door from A to E and the door from A to D opens
B – The door from B to C opens
C – No doors open
D – No doors open
E – The game ends

:s

Last edited by Mark,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3