Forum

[HL] Experimental Cup #1 - Map Feedback

Created 31st January 2012 @ 20:44

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

ashkan

Use this thread to give feedback on the maps featured in the Highlander experimental cup #1:

– Upland
– Barnblitz
– Foundry
– Turbine_pro

The thread will be closely moderated and punishments given out relatively easily. Keep it civil.

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

Thanks for taking Upland. I love these Steel type maps. We played one test match in that map and it was great. Confusing in the beginning, but so was Steel when you played it for the first time.
Will be great to be played in official HL.

Vasa_kot

Ki11ERS.PRO

I’m glad we are playing Foundry, it’s a nice map for highlander, and definitely should replace Gully in season 2. Upland looks very exciting for a pyro’s airblasting. And imho Turbine should be played bo3 10 minutes rounds.
Looking forward to this cup.

Beef

Dawson

Some things we’d like feedback on:

What do you think of these maps?
What other maps should we test in the future?
Which direction do you think we should go? Putting highlander in it’s own niche of payload and A/D maps? Or consider 5CP, ctf and other gametypes too?

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Beef

Some things we’d like feedback on:

What do you think of these maps?
What other maps should we test in the future?
Which direction do you think we should go? Putting highlander in it’s own niche of payload and A/D maps? Or consider 5CP, ctf and other gametypes too?

I personally would like to highlander put into its own niche. Im mean for 6v6 i would like to see a more varied map and i hope that highlander can keep a varied map pool. I would like to see a couple of AD choices/PL/CTF and 5cp.

the whole idea is highlander is team work and i think keeping a diverse map pool and keeping a map pool that is different is key. I don’t want HL to fall into a map pool of badwater/gpit/upward every season. More choices the better imo.

I think you should test more custom maps. Highlander community and highlander in general is fun. Would love to see konkreet and crossiant tried in a HL enviroment as well as collis.

gnaw

Has pl_frontier_final ever been played in a proper Highlander game? From my worthless pub experience point of view it looks really good for it, but I do not know if more knowledgeable eyes have considered in the past.

swedishsanta

Never played upland but I heard that is a great map where every class is fully functional, specially pro.

I hope I get a team to play in for this cup, I do not want to miss this!

*squee*

Fairgotron

Dline

when is open sign up?

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Fairgotron

when is open sign up?

Open now -go to this page: http://etf2l.org/wp/wp-admin/index.php?page=comps

You can sign up there by checking the box.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from gnaw

Has pl_frontier_final ever been played in a proper Highlander game? From my worthless pub experience point of view it looks really good for it, but I do not know if more knowledgeable eyes have considered in the past.

It was played in an old Highlander cup like years ago but not since then. We did actually consider the map when selecting for this cup, however we felt we wanted to try out Barnblitz more. However thank you for the suggestion we will definitely look into the map for future cups.

droso

o/

Barnblitz is awful.

droso

o/

double post

Last edited by droso,

SabaSaba

[hePPa]

Haha. Barnblitz is great. I have good memories from it, because it is one of the few maps where we have beaten you :–D.

Swedish Santa

Barnblitz is really fun to play, if you are not soldier, of course. You cant get airshots on that map

atomic-

Quoted from Swedish Santa

You cant get airshots on that map

orly? it’s ez

Last edited by atomic-,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »