[S11] Map Pool Feedback Thread!

Created 12th January 2012 @ 18:53

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Koeitje

Are you all CanFo’s bitch (I agree with what Kaidus said on the pirate radio stream: he just seems to be really dumb or a massive troll (no offense) ??)

I have not listened to the cast so I do not know what has been said. If you are referring to the comment I made about the way I will play cp_freight I apologise for that. I should not have posted that with (League Admin) after my name (or on Vanilla, for that matter).
It is a bit sad that I can not voice my opinion as player anymore without being criticised but that is what being an admin brings with it – I should have known better.
Calling someone dumb (or a troll) for one single derailed comment seems to be a bit unfair though, especially if it is coming from somebody who is not exactly keeping his opinion to himself.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from CanFo

[…]
I have not listened to the cast so I do not know what has been said. If you are referring to the comment I made about the way I will play cp_freight I apologise for that. I should not have posted that with (League Admin) after my name (or on Vanilla, for that matter).
It is a bit sad that I can not voice my opinion as player anymore without being criticised but that is what being an admin brings with it – I should have known better.
Calling someone dumb (or a troll) for one single derailed comment seems to be a bit unfair though, especially if it is coming from somebody who is not exactly keeping his opinion to himself.

Basically it came down to the following: Kaidus ask for the reasoning behind freight (or could have been foundry) and you just troll replied him. I find truly inappropriate for a league admin. Especially with regards such a controversial map pick. If an admin can’t be bothered to explain the reasoning behind a certain decision I ask myself: why is that person an admin in the first place? You just seem to be taking the piss with this. “LOL ESL GONE WE CAN DO WHATEVAH WE WANT DERP DERP”. I hope Crasp will sort out this situation soon, because to be quite honest he is the only guy I have any faith in at the moment.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

We are not allowed to have our own opinion? Most of us hate freight with a passion, but evidently more people want to play freight than e.g. Foundry and a lot of people wanted to see it back.

There’s a lot of people who are going to play freight like that, Canfo is simply the first to actually state it openly.

Best of the rest does not make it a good map. You want to be all democratic and such, but it is clear that the average tf2 player really does not understand what makes a map work. To be honest I put no value in what you think of a certain map.

Canfo was not the first. People have been doing this since freight first was in the pool (s7 or something?) and it lead to godawful games.

Last edited by Koeitje,

AnimaL

Quoted from Koeitje

Basically it came down to the following: Kaidus ask for the reasoning behind freight (or could have been foundry) and you just troll replied him. I find truly inappropriate for a league admin.

same thing happens about unlocks, since its not the first time i can almost certainly say that the league is run by few and very clueless ppl who dont really care

anyway, enough with the whining, where are the stats koeitje?!

Last edited by AnimaL,

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Best of the rest does not make it a good map. You want to be all democratic and such, but it is clear that the average tf2 player really does not understand what makes a map work. To be honest I put no value in what you think of a certain map.

Canfo was not the first. People have been doing this since freight first was in the pool (s7 or something?) and it lead to godawful games.

There have been a few Div1/prem players who voted for freight as well. What does that say about them?

We try and please as many people as possible, and freight pleased the most people out of the remaining maps. Foundry could (and probably would) have overtaken it had more people had a chance to play it in 6v6 but a combination of coming out during the christmas break and S11 starting so soon means people haven’t got time to skip 1 PCW on guaranteed maps and play Foundry a bit.
We all would prefer to have a mappool that pleases the majority ánd consists only of good maps but that is not possible right now for various obvious reasons. As such we have to take the best alternative, which means 5 good maps and 1 popular map where you and I both know that freight will probably be the most bitched about and boring map to play and spec – thus meaning it isn’t likely to return.

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]same thing happens about unlocks, since its not the first time i can almost certainly say that the league is run by few and very clueless ppl who dont really care

anyway, enough with the whining, where are the stats koeitje?!

Anybody who thinks they can do a better job is free to apply, as they have always been.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Why was my post removed? It was genuinely interested?

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Koeitje

I agree with what Kaidus said on the pirate radio stream: he just seems to be really dumb or a massive troll (no offense) ??)

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Basically it came down to the following: Kaidus ask for the reasoning behind freight (or could have been foundry) and you just troll replied him.

Yes it was all about the “foundry as playoff decider” decision. Not about freight. Afaik kaidus even voted for freight. I would have voted for freight if I’d have voted 6 maps (I’d rather see a 2-5 maps mappool). It is NOT objectively a bad map. Last push criticism has been made completely void after the introduction of snakewater. On that map it’s just as hard to push 6v6 with equal ubers.

Quoted from ijswezel

[…]cause and effect, man

yep, all we see is constant conjunction))))

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Quoted from Koeitje

I hope Crasp will sort out this situation soon, because to be quite honest he is the only guy I have any faith in at the moment.

I appreciate your support; I came up with the foundry rule.

We’re busy at the moment with the final tables so bear with us if other topics take a little longer to sort out. The foundry rule will be updated in a newspost announcing the tables tonight, looking like a 5-map playoff pool without freight or foundry, though not guaranteed until the newspost.

ashkan

Please remind yourselves of the rules stated at the start of all feedback threads:

The thread will be closely moderated and punishments given out relatively easily. Keep it civil.

Several users have been banned. For questions or complaints, please contact an admin: http://etf2l.org/etf2l/support/

Keyro

Cheater

Have you gathered the results of your survey Koeite ? Could be very interesting.

djc

d2f~

Koeitje got banned for trolling some div5 players so he wanted me to post these results for you.

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/4224/clipboard01h.png

kaidus

WiK?

Would just like to ask who’s the genius that put granary and freight in the same week. Hats off to you, for you have massive massive testicles.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

welcome to stalemate-train, next stop freight last

trams

-><-

Yes, freight is a stalemate map if the defending team turtles on last, foundry is broken because ridicoulus sniperlines, and it is as fun to play medic on cp_foundry as it is to watch paint dry.

So why didnt you vote for more playable maps(like bazillion)? I know I did.

Maybe some silent agreement between higher div teams before the next season?

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Needs more fastlane.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »