Forum

[ETF2L] Site Updates Feedback

Created 20th October 2011 @ 21:38

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

RaCio

GoT²

– This is the place to give the admins feedback regarding any updates on the site made by our beloved coders.
– The thread will be closely moderated and punishments given out relatively easily. Keep it civil.

Jarppa

Feacon

Technical thing about the XML API:

In HTTP headers of XML API (for example in /feed/transfer/) there’s a argument called Cache [17]-Control. It’s a bit weird since it’s made up(?) and has brackets in it.

Usually browsers and libraries such as urllib2 in Python ignore broken/invalid/weird headers, but node.js is quite strict when it comes to.. Well, everything.

Apparently because of this header argument that has brackets, node.js only returns “Parse error” when I try to get transfers for example.

It needs to be taken out so the XML API can be used on software that don’t like weird headers.

tl;dr: get that cache [17]-control out of there, node.js no me gusta.

Ps. Nice job for getting some improvement on the web site. I’ve been using the XML API here, and I’m currently working on rewrite of the bot for some extra functionality. There’s just this one thing stopping me..

Last edited by Jarppa,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Jarppa

Technical thing about the XML API:

In HTTP headers of XML API (for example in /feed/transfer/) there’s a argument called Cache [17]-Control. It’s a bit weird since it’s made up(?) and has brackets in it.

Someone must’ve copy/pasted that in by accident, 3 years ago. Anyway this is fixed now!

Jarppa

Feacon

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Someone must’ve copy/pasted that in by accident, 3 years ago. Anyway this is fixed now!

Works like a charm now, many thanks.

Herr_P

IKEA

Guess I’ll add this here:

If you have the latest post in a thread and edit it then the thread disappears from the Forum Activity-section.

ondkaja

IKEA

I know this is a thread about feedback on site updates and not general site feedback, but since there isn’t a thread about general site feedback I’ll post this here.

On the tables, the streak column is confusing for newer players, since the plus and minus signs imply there is a benefit of having a streak. Since the streak column provides no relevant data it should be removed. I’ve had to explain to some people that streaks don’t matter in terms of score.

atmo

about that logo competition…

AnimaL

allow posting on forums only with real steam id… or use some other captcha to get rid of spambots…

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from atmo

about that logo competition…

Edit: Think I need to ad a ‘….’, soooo

…..

Last edited by Monkeh,

kaidus

WiK?

So about those thousand things that are horrible about the website that will never get fixed..

Miek

prfsnlgmr

Quoted from kaidus

So about those thousand things that are horrible about the website that will never get fixed..

Go on…
http://i.imgur.com/6rZHC.jpg

ThePledge

Wasn’t there a header competition at some point? Whatever happened to that rofl.

evokje

WiK?

Quoted from ThePledge

Wasn’t there a header competition at some point? Whatever happened to that rofl.

x-files

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

The fact that anyone can bring down the site by holding f5 on any recruitment thread still pleases me :D

AnimaL

why u no fix that top content line?!

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »