Forum

Points from ETF2L games; A suggestion

Created 18th October 2011 @ 11:12

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

Vali

-9w-

I’m not sure exactly what you’re asking Spike. 3-0 gives (on my easy numbers model) 4 points to the winning team and 0 to the losing, 5-0 gives 6 to winning and 0 to losing. I assume you must be talking about the losing team, who have nothing to lose from being aggressive: a round would equal more points. I was directing my turtling comment at the winning team who would not want to play the clock at 3-0 because they get more points at 5-0.

Dummy, you wouldn’t go into negative rounds, 100-5 would be the same as 5-0.

Dummy

Quoted from Vali

I’m not sure exactly what you’re asking Spike. 3-0 gives (on my easy numbers model) 4 points to the winning team and 0 to the losing, 5-0 gives 6 to winning and 0 to losing. I assume you must be talking about the losing team, who have nothing to lose from being aggressive: a round would equal more points. I was directing my turtling comment at the winning team who would not want to play the clock at 3-0 because they get more points at 5-0.

Dummy, you wouldn’t go into negative rounds, 100-5 would be the same as 5-0.

ah so basically retract until it reaches 0 then stop?

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Dummy

ah so basically retract until it reaches 0 then stop?

Just treat it like windifference 5 for points (which makes the cap for any map the same as a 5-0 so 7-2 etc. aren’t worth more), it was just impractical to do windifference 5 on turbine considering that a team can easily come back from that deficit given the nature of the map. It’s the old turbine rules so it doesn’t really matter too much anyway.

On your numbers

15-11 = 5, 0.5
16-11 = 5.5, 0
17-11 = 5.5, 0
18-11 = 5.5, 0 etc.

Last edited by Vali,

win is win, doesn’t really matter how ya won or what was the point difference, but that’s just my opinion.

Retsh0ck

32erz
2strong

I don’t like it :(
Like said above, it complicates things.
The score system atm is going really well, should keep that up! :p

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

Losing is still losing,
be it with 5-0 or 5-4..
Otherwise it’s like playing sports for children: Ah you lost but you still get a something, a
‘special’ prize.

Point being, teams themselves should make proper judgements of their games, if you lose 5-4 due to bad communication and got backcapped, thats meant as a learning moment, whereas with the proposed new rules most would just think ahh well we still got some points.

Dummy

Quoted from SiTeHBu0mbb

Losing is still losing,
be it with 5-0 or 5-4..
Otherwise it’s like playing sports for children: Ah you lost but you still get a something, a
‘special’ prize.

Point being, teams themselves should make proper judgements of their games, if you lose 5-4 due to bad communication and got backcapped, thats meant as a learning moment, whereas with the proposed new rules most would just think ahh well we still got some points.

? by that logic;
Final of the football world cup, 2nd place team lost but still got lots of emone, so is that a childs sport for you =p?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
? by that logic;
Final of the football world cup, 2nd place team lost but still got lots of emone, so is that a childs sport for you =p?

Ending 2nd in a league/cup is related to the score of one particular game how?

Also how are those tables doing?

Dummy

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Ending 2nd in a league/cup is related to the score of one particular game how?

Also how are those tables doing?

no pcws tonight so ill get busy on them even though it seems pointless as people are against this, 99% at least
how in the world am i supposed to calculate results with dropped teams though ><?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
no pcws tonight so ill get busy on them even though it seems pointless as people are against this, 99% at least
how in the world am i supposed to calculate results with dropped teams though ><?

Ignore the fact they were dropped – for a good comparisson you need to calc the ‘normal’ points as well though.

Dummy

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Ignore the fact they were dropped – for a good comparisson you need to calc the ‘normal’ points as well though.

wat

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Quoted from Oxy

This whole thread is exactly the reason we should leave it how it is.

Yep. Simplicity is a wonderful thing.

Dummy

Quoted from JimmyBreeze

[…]

Yep. Simplicity is a wonderful thing.

The only difficult thing in this would be actually creating it which is also the biggest reason this is a dead idea, I doubt ETF2L has the capacity to do this seeing as they have a lot of other things to do which have a higher priority =C
its very simple in itself though

Califax

dyn.

Wouldnt it be a better system to adapt the football system entirely?

A loss is a loss, so points remain points, but give every team a overall RoundRatio for the season…
+1 on the ratio for every cap won.
-1 on the ratio for every cap lost.
Making the RR the distinction between teams that are equal on points.

So losing a game 5-4 5-4 will still give you 0 points, but will only affect your RR with -2, instead of -10 if you lost it 5-0 5-0.

That way, points would still be the deciding factor of the div rank, but if teams are equal on points, the RR will decide who takes the top spot.

Prem example

Example of random div with about 50% of total matches played

This way, we can also skip the first week of playoffs, where normally only teams equal on points play to decide their div rank, making that one game in that one week count for their entire season, instead of making every game they played in the entire season count in that scoring, which this RR system will do.

Last edited by Califax,

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from Califax

Wouldnt it be a better system to adapt the football system entirely?

A loss is a loss, so points remain points, but give every team a overall RoundRatio for the season…
+1 on the ratio for every cap won.
-1 on the ratio for every cap lost.
Making the RR the distinction between teams that are equal on points.

So losing a game 5-4 5-4 will still give you 0 points, but will only affect your RR with -2, instead of -10 if you lost it 5-0 5-0.

That way, points would still be the deciding factor of the div rank, but if teams are equal on points, the RR will decide who takes the top spot.

Prem example

Example of random div with about 50% of total matches played

This way, we can also skip the first week of playoffs, where normally only teams equal on points play to decide their div rank, making that one game in that one week count for their entire season, instead of making every game they played in the entire season count in that scoring, which this RR system will do.

this. Just make A/D maps count for double round diff (so 2-0 on gpit counts for +4)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »