Forum

Freight_Final1 next Season!!!(Supporter post here)

Created 31st May 2011 @ 08:48

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »

Quoted from CrashSite

Wow, Freight actually getting support?

I think people are blinded to the MASSIVE FUCKING FAULTS of that map, as they are only remembering the good things and comparing it to the bad things about new maps.

It had awful second point, the last was the easiest to defend, if you played it right, you could hold it FOREVER.

Middle was ok, but due to lack of any height on the middle was boring as fuck, compared to other mids.

This. I enjoyed playing freight but HOLY FUCK there’s some SERIOUS flaws in it.

Josh

ez
LEGO

badlands, granary, gullywash,(2 other good maps that everybody can agree they like)
problem solved and gravel if it had to be in as well.
remove turbine and warmfront, 2 horrible maps. :)

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

would like to see warmfront more, don’t know why people have such a problem with it…

freight>bazillion though.

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from Josh

badlands, granary, gullywash,(2 other good maps that everybody can agree they like)
problem solved and gravel if it had to be in as well.
remove turbine and warmfront, 2 horrible maps. :)

turbine is good, gravel is bad

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

I think an interesting question has arisen from all this debate:

What makes a good map, due to the conflicting opinions, is there an answer?

Personally I love gpit, it shows off team work better than every map and I have never played a map so intense in officals, when the times can be so close. It also allows for some of the other classes to shine, which provides for interesting games.

On the other hand others seem to hate it, saying that the one team pushing/ one defending dynamic is boring.

As for 5 CP maps, the opinions on which are good are massively different. Arnold once pointed out the flaws with both Badlands and granary and yet we still hold them in such high-esteem. What do people want in a map?

Dummy

Quoted from CrashSite

I think an interesting question has arisen from all this debate:

What makes a good map, due to the conflicting opinions, is there an answer?

Personally I love gpit, it shows off team work better than every map and I have never played a map so intense in officals, when the times can be so close. It also allows for some of the other classes to shine, which provides for interesting games.

On the other hand others seem to hate it, saying that the one team pushing/ one defending dynamic is boring.

As for 5 CP maps, the opinions on which are good are massively different. Arnold once pointed out the flaws with both Badlands and granary and yet we still hold them in such high-esteem. What do people want in a map?

interested in the flaws of badlands!
i guess balance makes a good map, if no class is really hard to counter then its fine

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
interested in the flaws of badlands!
i guess balance makes a good map, if no class is really hard to counter then its fine

BL last caps far to fast, this is problem for two reasons. First very easy to spy cap or rush scoot through right, needs about 0.5 secs more. Also very hard to push from last to 2nd even if you wipe them, might not be true higher up, but I still find it hard cap, as one or two of you will have gone down, have to leave someone on last, if this is so, or someone watching dropdown.

Dummy

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

BL last caps far to fast, this is problem for two reasons. First very easy to spy cap or rush scoot through right, needs about 0.5 secs more. Also very hard to push from last to 2nd even if you wipe them, might not be true higher up, but I still find it hard cap, as one or two of you will have gone down, have to leave someone on last, if this is so, or someone watching dropdown.

not easy to spy cap, have stickies or a soldier on it
if you mean right from attackers side, someone will be watching that and they’ll die if they try to rush through
if 2 or more of you have went down in the standard last push while they got wiped you shouldn’t really push out unless they died really early on (in which case theyll spawn about the same time the enemy team spawns) but it’ll still be risky, if only 1 or none went down you can push out without having anyone on last easily, just send a scout to watch 2nd resup like you are already defending spire so noone can go through dropdown and the rest of your players so nobody can go through main door or trash
longer cap time doesnt do much, the point is already almost certain death for anyone capping

dauk

Quoted from CrashSite

[…]

Last caps fast because it is so close to resupply and enemies are usually near the point all the time. Also badlands last is very small area so going on the point means high risk high reward.

Pushing out from second: lets look at granary and badlands now. Granary has an hard to cap but easy to avoid back caps second, when badlands have completely opposite, if you will check for back caps and will manage to get scout on spire and hold choke with demo/soldier the point is yours.

Flack

ÐP | Highlander

Quoted from caeli

+ Obscure.
+ Freight.

– Bazillion.
– Warmfront.

+1

Wabbeh

I find it funny how the OP needed to create an alt just to suggest freight.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Cos it was a troll that people took srsly.

Arnold

DAKKA

Quoted from dauk

[…]

Last caps fast because it is so close to resupply and enemies are usually near the point all the time. Also badlands last is very small area so going on the point means high risk high reward.

Pushing out from second: lets look at granary and badlands now. Granary has an hard to cap but easy to avoid back caps second, when badlands have completely opposite, if you will check for back caps and will manage to get scout on spire and hold choke with demo/soldier the point is yours.

You aren’t really in a position to push out from cp1 when the enemy team is holding lobby with equal uber.

What do people want in a map? I think most people don’t know what they want, I can only guess to whatever reasoning they use to determine the quality of a map.

As you can see the support for freight, fastlane and the like.

Dummy

Quoted from Arnold

[…]

You aren’t really in a position to push out from cp1 when the enemy team is holding lobby with equal uber.

What do people want in a map? I think most people don’t know what they want, I can only guess to whatever reasoning they use to determine the quality of a map.

As you can see the support for freight, fastlane and the like.

on mid atleast I want all the classes to not be overpowered and to have the mid be pro combat, not against it for all/most classes whichs the case of freight for example

Arnold

DAKKA

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
on mid atleast I want all the classes to not be overpowered and to have the mid be pro combat, not against it for all/most classes whichs the case of freight for example

Apart from maybe snipers and the train freight mid is actually a pretty decent cp. It’s the others that’s the real problem. Having a map that doesn’t favour any class in particular is a given you don’t really need to mention something like that.

Also everything you do in tf2 can be defined as combat, you are being too vague, If i’d have to guess it’s that you would want to run around and shoot people… but that’s exactly what happens on every map ever made.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 Next »