Forum

New skillsystem for recruitment section

Created 9th August 2010 @ 14:19

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

GeaR

Epsilon

Hey!
After I looked at the recruitment section lately, I laughed a little bit or was like “seriously?”, but all in one I think it’s getting harder and harder for teams to find the players they’re searching for.
Maybe changing the low/mid/high-system to a div1-6-system would be a good idea to stop the overrating and need of skill police?

So [Flag] [Div5] [Player] [Class] [Comments] [Views]
or [Flag] [Div1] [Player] [Class] [Comments] [Views] .

Thoughts?

F2

Danmark

yes

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

Quoted from F2

yes

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Whilst I agree in part, the problem isn’t just down to the nomenclature of the skill system. People will overrate themselves (maybe even underrate themselves) regardless of what system we have in place. A skill rating guide is something we’re looking at, perhaps we will try and get players to emphasise what division-based experience they have first and foremost in their posts.

AnimaL

it wont stop overrating themselves yet it would be easier to find players who at least want to play in div u want to play in

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

Quoted from F2

yes

no
cuz some players play at low divs for fun and they are able for high divs
+1 for skill guide though

nussi

is good!
FF

Good idea, Gear :)

+

F2

Danmark

Quoted from WildEast

[…]
no
cuz some players play at low divs for fun and they are able for high divs
+1 for skill guide though

When you are searching for a clan to join, you should make it clear which division you want to play in. Saying you want to play in a mid+ clan doesn’t mean anything these days. Saying you want to play in a div2 clan makes a lot more sense.

mb

keso

YES PLEASE

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Yes please

Reload

BiG
BiG

The main problem is probably what to base your rating on. Do you look at clan history and experience, meaning that having only played a season in div6 makes you Low max?

Or do you look at what you think you are capable of, maybe having some experience in better mixes/pcws against better opponents (like div4 for example)? Should you still put down Low or should you aim for Low+/Mid- ?

Keyro

Cheater

Don’t care.
And Snowie is right there will always be guys overratting themself doesn’t matter what skill rate is used because the goal is not to rate your skill but the skill you are searching for.

Black_Bob

[DA]

Yep posting what div you want to join makes much more sence, low med high could just be used for what skill level of clan your looking for in that division.

JackieBoy

LTG.

Yes please.

David

I dont think its specifically meant to stop people over rating themselves, its the fact the skill levels are vague and most people have different opinions on what each skill level is.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »