Forum

New skillsystem for recruitment section

Created 9th August 2010 @ 14:19

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Skyride

DUCS

If you actually read of the posts, about 90% of the mid+/mid/mid- ones tend to claim to have div3 or div2 “potential”. I really doubt it would make any difference.

LaMqTa

fenneks

yes plz :)

Moreg

dc.

it could be like, you are looking for a div1/2/3/4/5/6 high/mid/low team, so there would be 3 different skill level in every division. It would tell the ppl, which division you are willing to play in, and aprox, which level would you, or can you handle in that divison.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Something like (English) (top/high) (Div5) (demoman) ?

Imperium

Quoted from Hildreth

It’s exactly the same as the one you see, just with divs instead of the skill levels, which i agree with. although the top/mid/low for that div seems pretty credible

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

Quoted from Hildreth

that could’ve fitted numlocked end of season 7 :)

Iller

tGa

Quoted from WildEast

[…]

Yes, that is the main problem here, I think.
It could be solved however, if you don’t have to apply for the div you are currently playing in, but instead to which division you want to play.
This will not solve much when it comes to the problem with people over or underrating themselves of course, but at least it takes away some confusion with the low/mid/high system.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from WildEast

[…]

I rate myself the same skill as numlocked then ;)

And Iller – I guess that is the point of trials…problem is time wasters who aren’t good enough. I mean you can turn down someone for raging or speaking English as well as a welshmen but if they just lack general dming+gamesense+other abilities you put in to measure skill…then you can’t do anything but be a bastard and tell them ‘look you’re not good enough…’

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Would it also be possible to split the recruitment section into a 6v6, 9v9 and other sections?

lolage

TSPAG

Quoted from Moreg

it could be like, you are looking for a div1/2/3/4/5/6 high/mid/low team, so there would be 3 different skill level in every division. It would tell the ppl, which division you are willing to play in, and aprox, which level would you, or can you handle in that divison.

This could work, but top div5=lowdiv4 etc…

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Please see the new 6v6 recruitment forum for a trial of the new skill system. Be sensible and work with us and we can see whether this works better. It also means that all 6v6 recruitment is now not needed in the main recruitment section, so please move your recruitment posts over there. This is a temporary trial for the duration of the highlander challenge tournament, read the stickied instructions thread for more details.

Slick

Epsilon

be nice that the new recruiting system states automatically the highest div he ever played in. Then when he makes the request, you can see his original best div placement + what he would like to be….

psy

Quoted from F2

[…]

When you are searching for a clan to join, you should make it clear which division you want to play in. Saying you want to play in a mid+ clan doesn’t mean anything these days. Saying you want to play in a div2 clan makes a lot more sense.

+1

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2