Forum

Normal visibility when zoomed in?

Created 26th September 2012 @ 17:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

silly

Quoted from envy

[…]
Valve also added a shitload of unlocks. So what?

inb4 another thread derail into unlock discussions

Quoted from envy

Last damage done which is on your HUD, not above enemy’s head. This is most useful thing for projectile classes. Also, health value in freeze panel and spectator tournament HUD. This is different things which are used in different situations.

Okay, got it for last damage done. But yet, umm.. does it really gives you that advantage? How often do you win because your enemy didn’t had “Last damage done” shown on his HUD? And how often do you win because of spectator tournament HUD?

Agreed for health value on freeze panel, though, as it gives you (and you can call out it for your team-mates) more exact info about your enemy. It is pretty weird Valve didn’t put it on default HUD really, can’t even think of a reason. Same goes for target IDs as well.

But really, my point stands still: it isn’t giving you THAT way of advantage, I mean you can still play with default hud and be fine with that, calling out “he’s near 50-80” instead of “70” after death. That’s nothing compared to seeing your enemy where you’re not supposed to.

envy

Quoted from silly

[…]

Your point wasn’t “how much advantage gives you custom HUD”, it was “custom HUDs aren’t showing you more info than they should”, so you asked “What kind of benefit custom hud gives you?”. So it was just said and proved that it actually shows more than the default one, no matter of how valuable this advantage is. Stop dodging.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

Quoted from envy

[…]
Maybe also implement “sudden death” instead of golden cup?

Genius

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Quoted from silly

[…]
Yeah, exactly. Because TF2 was implied to be realistic game.

I personally think the scope border isn’t just for that… it’s to give snipers a harder time at close range, as the weapon should be strong at long range, but weak at close range. Removing the border makes close range shooting 10x easier.

I think this should be banned, but if it’s not… then screw it, I’m going to use it as it’s a clear cut advantage… But to be honest, I thought a lot of top snipers would have more pride than to use this shit.

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from AcidReniX

[…]

I personally think the scope border isn’t just for that… it’s to give snipers a harder time at close range, as the weapon should be strong at long range, but weak at close range. Removing the border makes close range shooting 10x easier.

I think this should be banned, but if it’s not… then screw it, I’m going to use it as it’s a clear cut advantage… But to be honest, I thought a lot of top snipers would have more pride than to use this shit.

don´t use it, you are better than that arx! Save your pride man!

AnimaL

Quoted from Darn

[…]

don´t use it, you are better than that arx! Save your pride man!

since admins seem to have no balls in his subject untill enough ppl have spoken, what do u think of the cvar darn?

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]since admins seem to have no balls in his subject untill enough ppl have spoken, what do u think of the cvar darn?

Something valve missed to put under svcheats. Like arx said, its an obvious upgrade. Even thou I personally like to use every tweak possible I find this crossing the line. This is no longer a personal preference which for example fov is, you are in a disadvantage if you are not using this.

I won´t be using this, but in the end it will not make that huge of a difference that I were to give a fuck if someone uses it. Only thing it does brands an eternal cunt sticker on your forehead.

alba

duplo

Quoted from AcidReniX

[…]
Removing the border makes close range shooting 10x easier.

The thing is, even though the borders are there or not you still need aim, and if you got a pretty descent aim you can hit scouts or stuff at close range. my opinion atleast, ofcourse it gets easier without the borders but i dont think it makes tomuch of a difference

Last edited by alba,

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Only valve is able to make a cvar that’s supposed to be used for testing HDR to give advantage to players. Also, the scripts are annoying. I tried it for a while, didn’t like it, back to normal.

silly

Quoted from envy

[…]
Your point wasn’t “how much advantage gives you custom HUD”, it was “custom HUDs aren’t showing you more info than they should”, so you asked “What kind of benefit custom hud gives you?”. So it was just said and proved that it actually shows more than the default one, no matter of how valuable this advantage is. Stop dodging.

“No matter of how valuable this advantage is” – I never meant that by any post. Going by that logic everything isn’t pure vanilla game is giving you advantage actually, fps-configs, rate settings, viewmodels turned off. “No matter how valuable this advantage”, it is still “advantage”, since you get better fps than someone for example.

I admit, custom HUDs shows a little more than default one. But everything is already shown on HUD: target IDs and freeze panel are actually showing HP and HUD still shows how much did you damage. As far as I know if you didn’t seen numbers above somebody you damage, it won’t display on hud. Isn’t it that? So it is giving slightly to no benefit.

There’s no custom HUDs which are permanently displaying spectator HUD even for your team for example. Because they shouldn’t. They weren’t supposed to.

By the way, you, envy, was defending the point of changing FOV because it is able to do in other games. Do you even know that FOV in TF2 depends on your aspect ratio? Or you’re blindly going for numbers? If you’re not running 4:3, you do already have around 110 FOV I guess. Why would you ever need more?

envy

Quoted from silly

“No matter of how valuable this advantage is” – I never meant that by any post.

Quoted from silly

Custom HUDs aren’t showing you more info than they should.

Following your logic, if they don’t show exact health value everywhere by default, they shouldn’t do this, but they do. Yes, everything starting of fps configs and ending with health value is an advantage. Maybe in d5 you are fine with calls like “maybe he is 40 hp or 90 idk lol”, because simply can’t utilize it well, on the higher level exact number is highly valuable.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

CS leagues used to ban players for hiding the borders of a scope. The whole point is, if you’re zoomed in, you don’t get full vision of everything next to you.

In TF2, this is a HUGE advantage, because while you’re zoomed in, your shot is getting charged, yet you can still watch things to your sides, or multiple exits.

Sure, you still need the aim, but you can say that about wall hacks too. Hitting a close range scout is easier than hitting a long range one… the only reason why it’s difficult, is because you lose sight of them because of two factors (1: You’re zoomed, 2: The black around the scope further limits vision). Next we will see someone combine an FOV changer with the hud elements removed, and we’ll just be playing TF2 instagib with snipers.

People who are trying to play this down are morons, it’s a massive deal lol.

And Darn, I will probably use it from tonight, in hope it gets removed. Sometimes the only way to get things fixed is to exploit them to effectiveness :).

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from AcidReniX

CS leagues used to ban players for hiding the borders of a scope. The whole point is, if you’re zoomed in, you don’t get full vision of everything next to you.

In TF2, this is a HUGE advantage, because while you’re zoomed in, your shot is getting charged, yet you can still watch things to your sides, or multiple exits.

Sure, you still need the aim, but you can say that about wall hacks too. Hitting a close range scout is easier than hitting a long range one… the only reason why it’s difficult, is because you lose sight of them because of two factors (1: You’re zoomed, 2: The black around the scope further limits vision). Next we will see someone combine an FOV changer with the hud elements removed, and we’ll just be playing TF2 instagib with snipers.

People who are trying to play this down are morons, it’s a massive deal lol.

And Darn, I will probably use it from tonight, in hope it gets removed. Sometimes the only way to get things fixed is to exploit them to effectiveness :).

go ahead. I´ll keep the line strong and will not exploit!

ondkaja

IKEA

I agree that this definitely should be patched, it’s an exploit which removes one of the downsides of scoping in and charging a shot; limiting your vision. But until it gets patched, I say this script should be used by everyone, because the more this gets abused the more likely is it that Valve is going to pay attention to this exploit and patch it.

unu

Quoted from ondkaja

I agree that this definitely should be patched, it’s an exploit which removes one of the downsides of scoping in and charging a shot; limiting your vision. But until it gets patched, I say this script should be used by everyone, because the more this gets abused the more likely is it that Valve is going to pay attention to this exploit and patch it.

But I don’t wanna get banned from Rocket Blast servers.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »