Forum

OpenPlugin by Casual

Created 14th September 2012 @ 10:48

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 28 29 30 ... 61 Next »

Setsul

Quoted from Casual

[…]
Uhm, so what you’re saying is 5:4 is the superior aspect ratio? Wide screen aspect ratios trade off vertical fov for horizontal fov.

Afaik the vertical fov is just determined by fov_desired, only the horizontal fov gets altered by changing the aspect ratio.
Basically fov_desired 90 gets you 73.something vertical fov, no matter what aspect ratio and therefore horizontal fov you actually have.

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Setsul

[…]
Afaik the vertical fov is just determined by fov_desired, only the horizontal fov gets altered by changing the aspect ratio.
Basically fov_desired 90 gets you 73.something vertical fov, no matter what aspect ratio and therefore horizontal fov you actually have.

EDIT: Scrap that, I’m going to test it myself :)
4:3 1024×76816:4.5 1280×360
Notice a reduced vertical fov…

Last edited by Casual,

Setsul

Have you set sv_restrict_aspect_ratio_fov 0?
Keep in mind 1 is the default.

Last edited by Setsul,

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from Setsul

Have you set sv_restrict_aspect_ratio_fov 0?
Keep in mind 1 is the default.

God dammit, you’re right. Forgot all about that.

I tried making some screenshots but steam completely and utterly failed (made the screenshot, told steam to upload it while tf2 was still open, close tf2, does not pop up the screenshot window, screenshot does not appear in my screenshots…)

Setsul

4:3 1024×76816:4.5 1280×360

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

lol i didnt even need to reply :D

Random

iveR

i have been using it for few months now and suddnly it stopped workin :S
http://imageshack.us/f/832/2013031500001.jpg/
can some1 help me please?

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from Random

i have been using it for few months now and suddnly it stopped workin :S
http://imageshack.us/f/832/2013031500001.jpg/
can some1 help me please?

same here, everything but the fov_desired seems to be working though

Random

iveR

Quoted from quintosh

[…]

same here, everything but the fov_desired seems to be working though

not for me, even the picmip isnt working :S
idk what to do

Juracule

Aspie

Am I the only one who finds it kinda ironic that it’s a spy main who’s complaining about the extra fov, but meanwhile most likely also abuses the amby zoom script?

unu

Quoted from Juracule

Am I the only one who finds it kinda ironic that it’s a spy main who’s complaining about the extra fov, but meanwhile most likely also abuses the amby zoom script?

I’m a spy main too, I use the revolver and I think I still think it’s a cheat. I don’t use the zoom script but people that do, are fine with it. It’s not like you need an EXTERNAL plugin for it. It’s all in game, that’s why we don’t care for it.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Standard butthurt spies.

Juracule

Aspie

Quoted from unu

[…]

I’m a spy main too, I use the revolver and I think I still think it’s a cheat. I don’t use the zoom script but people that do, are fine with it. It’s not like you need an EXTERNAL plugin for it. It’s all in game, that’s why we don’t care for it.

OpenPlugin might as well be in-game, it doesn’t seem like Valve minds seeing as there have been no bans. Plus I don’t feel that we should ban stuff in etf2l for the sole arbitrary reason that it doesn’t originate from valve. IMO valve should’ve supplied the possibility of higher fov etc. from the beginning. It’s not like it isn’t a tradeoff; by using a higher fov you’re making it harder to aim for yourself.
And yeah obviously people that use the amby script are fine with it, otherwise they wouldn’t use it, now would they.

unu

Quoted from T0m

Standard butthurt spies.

It’s not like it doesn’t affect the other 8 classes you dipshit.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from unu

[…]

It’s not like it doesn’t affect the other 8 classes you dipshit.

No, but spies are the most likely class to notice other people using it.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 28 29 30 ... 61 Next »