Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 Next »

quik

vs
Fe |

Quoted from IPZIE

fuck off

agree, fov is not any advantege

bìester

Bad people try everything to get better!

IPZIE

SUAVE

like enabling subtitles to read whats going on. paawwwwwwwwww

Herr_P

IKEA

Quoted from IPZIE

like enabling subtitles to read whats going on. paawwwwwwwwww

Or nothing like that at all. Reading what’s going on, while I personally find the subtitles kind of questionable, is something that’s already represented in the game via the sounds. Seeing what’s to the right of you via the use of a plugin is not.

Tl;dr shitty sportsmanship, yo.

Edit:
Quoted from quik

[…]
agree, fov is not any advantege

Except for the fact that it is. Bigger field of vision == Seeing more stuff == Advantage.

Last edited by Herr_P,

IPZIE

SUAVE

cant i just get the same effects while changing my aspect racio like skeej already did for ages… so this all has been done 100 times and now that its actually easier and not looking as shit people are like ( Q_Q )

edit: hahahahahahhahahahah sportsmanship,wow. good point

Last edited by IPZIE,

uhwahat

Is it vac safe?
Give us a yes or no answer. Even if there is a slim chance.

Last edited by uhwahat,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from uhwahat

Is it vac safe?

Considering VAC’s detection methods are proprietary, nobody can tell you that with 100% certainty except for Valve.

AnAkkk

Quoted from Herr_P

[…]

Or nothing like that at all. Reading what’s going on, while I personally find the subtitles kind of questionable, is something that’s already represented in the game via the sounds. Seeing what’s to the right of you via the use of a plugin is not.

Tl;dr shitty sportsmanship, yo.

Edit:
[…]

Except for the fact that it is. Bigger field of vision == Seeing more stuff == Advantage.

People are already getting this advantage with the aspect ratio/eyefinity anyway.

Boneuchu

Quoted from uhwahat

Is it vac safe?

Nobody has ever been VAC banned for any client side plugin that I know of. That L4D2 FoV plugin has been used by quite a lot of people, it was quite popular on the Steam Forums and the topic had a lot of pages (50+). There has even been a plugin that was designed to cheat (triggerbot) and nobody was ever VAC banned for it.

vani

Bully

Quoted from Boneuchu

[…]
There has even been a plugin that was designed to cheat (triggerbot) and nobody was ever VAC banned for it.

Link or it didnt happen

Boneuchu

Quoted from vani

[…]

Link or it didnt happen

The site has been down for quite some time, anyway I’m not going to help you to cheat :p

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from Herr_P

Larger fov == smaller enemies on screen == Disadvantage.

If a large fov was only a positive thing, whe do most pro QL players use 104 when the maximum of that game is 130?

It’s finding the balance that works for you.

Last edited by MIndYe,

ijswezel

swimp

me and my friend once played bc2 vietnam with the fov set to 190 and it was fun/night terror inducing flying a helicopter down the vietnam war equivalent of the ending ten minutes from 2001: a space oddyssey

welp that’s my story seeya

dragonslayernick

does anyone else have a problem that when you hit a supply cabinet your fov changes back? its pretty annoying

I’m also using knhud if that helps

atmo

Quoted from MIndYe

[…]
Larger fov == smaller enemies on screen == Disadvantage.

If a large fov was only a positive thing, whe do most pro QL players use 104 when the maximum of that game is 130?

It’s finding the balance that works for you.

Agreed with this. When I play on my integrated graphics and FOV 120, I can barely see anything unless they’re right up close. Even at mid-distance I struggle to tell which team is which. So I don’t think I’ll be using this on a small screen apart from the fact that it’s just fun because it feels like you’re moving twice as fast.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/613845918309915767/769FC4DA912E646BF22DDC7728B0E05425BE6302/

People already use FOV tricks to get advantages, eg Stabby reducing his FOV when he switches to Ambassador to get easier headshots.

Quoted from dragonslayernick

does anyone else have a problem that when you hit a supply cabinet your fov changes back? its pretty annoying

I’m also using knhud if that helps

I believe the update fixes that.

Oh and STAR/Niichts did a video on it if someone wants a demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXRuGpXNIbk

Last edited by atmo,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 12 Next »