Forum

[CFG] [0.06] xetsog's 'acataleptic-cfg'

Created 3rd December 2011 @ 14:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1

xetsog

http://code.google.com/p/acataleptic-cfg/

Features a lot.
Every class is scripted.
Most is explained in binds.cfg and the rest is labelled.
Check out scripts.cfg for a general overview of what is included.
Everything has been thoroughly play-tested.
Assumes you have a five button mouse.

P.S. – If anybody can think of a better implementation of weapon-switching (or at least one that works better) in heavyweapons.cfg, it would be greatly appreciated.

Feedback/Questions/Suggestions?

Last edited by xetsog,

octochris

(0v0)

click download -> 404

xetsog

Quoted from octochris

click download -> 404

Sorry, I realized some mistakes. Try again. :-)

Last edited by xetsog,

xetsog

New update.

Added tf_remember_activeweapon 1 to medic.cfg to prevent auto-firing Bonesaw or Syringe Gun on respawn and tf_remember_activeweapon 0 to every other class.cfg.

EDIT: I’m not exactly sure if this helps or not. I’m sure in some circumstances it does, but here’s a circumstance that it doesn’t prevent:

You have 100% ÜberCharge.
You are firing with your Bonesaw or Syringe Gun.
You click MOUSE 4 to über.
You die before your weapon is switched to the Medigun to über.
Consequently, upon spawning, you spawn with your Syringe Gun or Bonesaw auto-firing.
Not game-breaking, but annoying.
Simply switch weapons to fix.

Last edited by xetsog,

xetsog

New update.

Played my first round as Engineer competitively and I noticed just how broken my script is. Changed it so the same key used to build also destroys. Should help immensely.

Last edited by xetsog,

xetsog

Haven’t really updated this thread. I left some pretty ambiguous update notes in the latest update. Changed how heavyweapons.cfg works and some various fixes for new weapons. Also, the F3 toggle_chat macro toggles voice too. And for some reason I had the Medic key bound to F. Changed it back to E.

Last edited by xetsog,

Gubbins

Op4

Anyone actually got any feedback on this, Chris?

xetsog

Quoted from Gubbins

Anyone actually got any feedback on this, Chris?

I’d love to hear it. I realize it’s kinda quirky, though.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Nice collection of scripts, and well-annotated to keep things clear and organised.

Some stuff in there is a bit archaic though, like the medic autoheal script. It has been proven to be inferior to the autoheal function built into the game (see my post in this topic http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-14661/page-7/?recent=253485#post-252236 and the rest of the thread itself). As these scripts are meant to be helpful by making actions easier to execute, I think that script shouldn’t be in there.

xetsog

Quoted from skeej

Nice collection of scripts, and well-annotated to keep things clear and organised.

Some stuff in there is a bit archaic though, like the medic autoheal script. It has been proven to be inferior to the autoheal function built into the game (see my post in this topic http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-14661/page-7/?recent=253485#post-252236 and the rest of the thread itself). As these scripts are meant to be helpful by making actions easier to execute, I think that script shouldn’t be in there.

Thank you, I had no idea the disadvantages of scripted autoheal. Initially, I did some research (I guess the topics were old) about scripted autoheal, and they all consistently said that scripted autoheal was advantageous because it built uber faster. The real motivation for putting it in there was, more or less, implementation since I couldn’t find any examples.

When I get to it later today, I will update it without scripted autoheal.

Last edited by xetsog,

Traxx

TOOSTRONG

I could be wrong, but I think the forward respawn script doesn’t work ( at least for soldier ).

xetsog

Quoted from Traxx

I could be wrong, but I think the forward respawn script doesn’t work ( at least for soldier ).

I’ll double-check and return.

Works fine, make sure you double-tap F1 slowly.

EDIT: Updated Google Code page with version without scripted autoheal.

Last edited by xetsog,

Add A Reply Pages: 1