Forum

Help a n00b medic out - HUD and Binds?

Created 15th June 2011 @ 15:57

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Zadkiel

Been playing TF2 snice release, just now decided to try and get into the Pro scene, been playing scrims on tf2lobby and doing well in some games, not so well in others.

But always played with the default HUD and never played with configs and binds – looking for anything to help me be a better player, so what HUDs and Binds would people recommend?

I have a good computer (quad core i5 @ 4.2GHz, 8GB DDR3-2000, 1GB Nvidia 560) and reliable intenet connection so performance isn’t an issue.

Thanks in advance

Zadkiel

Stimpy

pick the bits out u want… and stick in medic.cfg

http://www.fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/cfg/getconfig.php?conf=medic

Zadkiel

That looks interesting, thanks, will play with it tonight.

Zadkiel.

broesel

LAME

Quoted from Zadkiel

my HUD

Last edited by broesel,

Zadkiel

I was looking at both your HUD and m0reHUD earlier, and was confused about one thing – on the webpage for yours you state you adapted it from m0reHUD which was no longer updated, but the sticky threads above for those 2 HUDs show the OP in the M0reHUD thread as a lot more recent than the OP in yours – was M0reHUD taken back up again?

I like the look of the medic HUD in both and was planning to try them both out, but was confusd a little by that one point.

Zadkiel

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Zadkiel

was M0reHUD taken back up again?

yes.

Zadkiel

Thanks for the help, folks. Now running M0reHUD and the medic.cfg linked above and I’m loving it – just need to modify the medic config a bit, as although I have a 5-button mouse, the extra buttons aren’t really in a good place, plus years and years of havnig left-click be fire current weapon is a hard habit to break :) I love what it does to the mousewheel, though, and being able to quickly flip to needles and back to medigun to trigger an auto-call from all teammates is AWESOME for when I get seperated.

Played 8 or 9 scrims on tf2lobby over the last few days and only been on the losing side once, and been getting good comments from my teammates, so feeling good about my chances of getting some div6 tryouts :)

Zad

Spike Himself

TC

Have a look at Chris’ med cfg. You can find it here http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/
There’s some clever stuff in there like a forward-spawn switch bind, autocall bind, and the regular hide/fake uber stuff.

As for HUD, I’ve used quite a few and only ever liked broesel’s and g-mang’s. Currently using g-mang’s (mainly for its massive uber progress bar at the bottom).

IPZIE

SUAVE

use chris cfg and garm3n HUD. still the best and no copy cats :3 miau

wampee

my opinion for a good medic hud is the Garm3nHUD
im playing medic quite a long time,and i love this HUD!

cfg and binds are not a problem
u can use chris medic cfg,or make ur binds by ur self.

(BTW if u want my own-made medic binds and script , u allways can add me via steam :D )

Zadkiel

Had a look at garm3n and the medic HUD looks nice indeed, but sadly i can’t get it to work without it crashing TF2, tried on 3 different maps and each time it was fine inside spawn, but as soon as I exited the spawn all the textures would go goofy and then the game would lock up, switched back to m0rehud and everything was fine again. Wierd :(

Zad

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from Zadkiel

Had a look at garm3n and the medic HUD looks nice indeed, but sadly i can’t get it to work without it crashing TF2, tried on 3 different maps and each time it was fine inside spawn, but as soon as I exited the spawn all the textures would go goofy and then the game would lock up, switched back to m0rehud and everything was fine again. Wierd :(

Zad

Did you install the fonts?

Zadkiel

Yes, unless I’m supposed to move them outside the resource folder which is where they are in the download…

Zad

broesel

LAME

Quoted from Zadkiel

Yes, unless I’m supposed to move them outside the resource folder which is where they are in the download…

Zad

You don’t need to install the fonts used by Garm3n HUD anyways cause I showed him how to call them via Clientscheme.res directly from the resource folder :D

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

//medic
alias “medic” “bind e mslot1; bind f mslot3; bind q mslot2; unbind r; unbind t; unbind x; unbind z; unbind_nums”
alias “plus_auto_attack” “+attack; bind mouse1 +minus_attack”
alias “minus_auto_attack” “-attack; bind mouse1 +attack”
alias “+minus_attack” “-attack”
alias “-minus_attack” “+attack”
alias “mslot1” “minus_auto_attack; yslot1”
alias “mslot2” “yslot2; plus_auto_attack”
alias “mslot3” “minus_auto_attack; melee”

//standard
alias “std” “minus_auto_attack; xslots; unbind r; unbind t; unbind x; unbind z; unbind_nums”

//slots
alias “xslot1” “slot1; r_drawviewmodel 0; viewmodel_fov 0”
alias “xslot2” “slot2; r_drawviewmodel 0; viewmodel_fov 0”
alias “yslot1” “slot1; r_drawviewmodel 0; viewmodel_fov 54”
alias “yslot2” “slot2; r_drawviewmodel 0; viewmodel_fov 54”
alias “melee” “slot3; r_drawviewmodel 1; viewmodel_fov 54”
alias “xslots” “bind e xslot1; bind q xslot2”

I made this continuous healing script that behaves slightly different from the built in medigun tf_medigun_autoheal. The healgun allways heals, unless you hold down mouse1. It behaves the same regardless of in what state the game is (healing or not healing), which rids you of a lot of confusion. The uniform behaviour makes you less prone to accidentally disconnect the beam, enabling making triggerbot-like(not a cheat) flicks without holding down the button and it also helps circumvent some bugs(unless fixed). Ripped it straight out of the config, so it will take some tinkering to integrate it if you’re interested. Let me know if you run into trouble, and I’ll try to help.

Last edited by ell,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »