Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 84 85 86 ... 116 Next »

AnimaL

Quoted from FIR

[…]

I did that, executed the config, and my CSS minimized without re-maximizing. wtf

read the top of config

the bit about antialias

dob

\V/ Gold
CGAY&BB

Hey
Im still getting a white shine on characters even though i use launch options…
But this only happens with dx9 Config dx8 was okay

AnimaL

ur not using the config then, dx9 has bumpmap enabled

anyway, to fix, write mat_bumpmap 1 in cfg

dob

\V/ Gold
CGAY&BB

okay thank you!
I guess something just wrent wrong anyway everythings good now :)

Lateralus

If i have good fps at the highest graphics, should i still install a fps config? Some people say it increases awareness and stuff.

Scotteh

BLUBUF

Quoted from Lateralus

If i have good fps at the highest graphics, should i still install a fps config? Some people say it increases awareness and stuff.

Some people focus better with less visual clutter. Try both and see which you prefer.

GooDKaT.CAT

[LBC]

Regarding an fps config, is it better to run a native resolution (1440×900) or go with a smaller one (1280×800) ?

Does it affect the performance or not ?

Thanks

AnimaL

native looks better, smaller res might have better response time

do what ever feels good for you, since on good hardware, particularly gpu, the response lag is unnoticeable even on fullhd resolution

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from GooDKaT.CAT

Regarding an fps config, is it better to run a native resolution (1440×900) or go with a smaller one (1280×800) ?

Does it affect the performance or not ?

Thanks

Unless you’re bottlenecking elsewhere, a lower resolution would generally give you more fps.

..ninja’d :D

Ramown

TIDS

Chris: “Some people are reporting crashes on startup with this latest update. Chris’ FPS configs do NOT make TF2 crash. It is your HUD that is causing the crashes.
Ramown is awesome.”

Cunning

.Ow

Just installed your high frames config after having some fps trouble with the latest update. FPS constantly at 120, and I swear the graphics are better than what I use to have as well. Cheers mate.

Leftism

W.tf
KC&LtL

Quoted from Cunning

Just installed your high frames config after having some fps trouble with the latest update. FPS constantly at 120, and I swear the graphics are better than what I use to have as well. Cheers mate.

Try removing fps_max? (or max_fps, I forgot which way around the command was! :D)

Cunning

.Ow

Quoted from Leftism

[…]

Try removing fps_max? (or max_fps, I forgot which way around the command was! :D)

I wasn’t complaining…

Biohazard

IDK

Quoted from Leftism

[…]

lost in translation

Lateralus

Does any of these work on mac? Often i find myself playing on that one instead due to me being away from home and bored. It’s not very capable though.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 84 85 86 ... 116 Next »