Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 26 27 28 ... 116 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Niekas

[…]

Yes, yes I could. Now where can i find it ? :)

http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/beta/

Cheez

Quoted from octochris

not sure, but you should be pulling upwards of 60 the vast majority of the time with maxframes. heard a lot about worse than expected source performance with ati’s 4x series.

have a go with 1600×900 maybe? that might ramp up the performance a bit.

Hmm made a bit of difference I think, but I can’t cope with it tbh. Also tried the lowres command at the top of your config but didn’t seem to do much. Ah well guess i’m fucked, cheers for the help anyway.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Cheez

Ah well guess i’m fucked, cheers for the help anyway.

Why do people get like this? You play TF2 competitively, but you can’t fight a computer issue competitively? You’re just going to give up like that?

Humanity, why are you like this??

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Cheez

Also tried the lowres command at the top of your config but didn’t seem to do much.

Blame Anakin. He has a habit of reporting completely harmless commands to Valve, and for some reason they listen to him.

Quoted from Cheez

Ah well guess i’m fucked, cheers for the help anyway.

If you’re coming to i40 you owe me multiple hugs.

WLL

Quoted from octochris

[…]

violence_ablood “0”
violence_hblood “0”

If this doesn’t work, I guess censor happy Germany has locked some cvars :D

Shit. the problem still exists :(

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from WLL

[…]

Shit. the problem still exists :(

Germany is the new China :D

WLL

Quoted from octochris

Germany is the new China :D

Fuck off angela merkel >:(

Cheez

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Why do people get like this? You play TF2 competitively, but you can’t fight a computer issue competitively? You’re just going to give up like that?

Humanity, why are you like this??

Lol I think you may have actually motivated me to keep trying some more stuff :)

Niekas

I just made the snowie demo test and the results are : v 1.045 – 85.79fps
v 1.046 – 85.97fps

Cheez

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Blame Anakin. He has a habit of reporting completely harmless commands to Valve, and for some reason they listen to him.

[…]

If you’re coming to i40 you owe me multiple hugs.

I am indeed and you never know I may be able to stretch as far as a beer ;) Although in my opinion a hug off me is worth alot more.

Hunt3r

LAME

now i have an question.
i tweaked/changed your moreframes.cfg for my likings (the worst part of your config for me was mat_mipmaptextures “0”. had to change it to 1 because it looked like shit, maybe like aa was off, only worse.)
but, i used your highquality config also, and now i notice how the water looks shitty if you want to look in it or out of it. you cant see anything. is there a way to fix this?
thx

Enef

fest
#wubafan

What do i do if i find the Beta cfg gives me worse fps than the normal maxframes? :(

I have a good rig and only ever have issues with tf2 (and alien swarm now…).

http://img.127001.org/img/enef.png myyyy rig, running 64 bit win7.

I get huge drops down to about 30-40/50ish in the middle of a firefight, sometimes causing me to miss shots i should be hitting. I use fps_max 67 (keeping it at 66 optimally). I find it more of an issue in pub play on 24 man servers due to more spam but still, i don’t think i should be having issues. :(.

As a side note: I can run COD4 on mid settings with no issue, Serious Sam HD on ULTRA with very little issues and most of my other games on high settings without noticable drops.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Hunt3r

now i have an question.
i tweaked/changed your moreframes.cfg for my likings (the worst part of your config for me was mat_mipmaptextures “0”. had to change it to 1 because it looked like shit, maybe like aa was off, only worse.)
but, i used your highquality config also, and now i notice how the water looks shitty if you want to look in it or out of it. you cant see anything. is there a way to fix this?
thx

Not had this myself, but here are some cvars you may want to mess about with:

r_waterdrawreflection
r_waterdrawrefraction
r_waterforceexpensive
r_waterforcereflectentities
r_forcewaterleaf
r_cheapwaterend
r_cheapwaterstart
mat_wateroverlaysize
r_waterforceexpensive

Quoted from Enef

What do i do if i find the Beta cfg gives me worse fps than the normal maxframes? :(

I have a good rig and only ever have issues with tf2 (and alien swarm now…)

res?

Hunt3r

LAME

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Not had this myself, but here are some cvars you may want to mess about with:

r_waterdrawreflection
r_waterdrawrefraction
r_waterforceexpensive
r_forcewaterleaf
r_cheapwaterend
r_cheapwaterstart
mat_wateroverlaysize
r_waterforceexpensive

mat_wateroverlaysize “256”
r_cheapwaterend “3000”
r_cheapwaterstart “1500”
r_forcewaterleaf “1” //not sure what this does tho… i didnt try “1” out yet.
r_waterdrawreflection “1”
r_waterdrawrefraction “1”
r_waterforceexpensive “1”
r_waterforcereflectentities “1”

when im in the water, everything is fine, but lookin into or out of it is crappy and i cant see anything…

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from octochris

[…]
res?

1440×900

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 26 27 28 ... 116 Next »