Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 25 26 27 ... 116 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Cheez

I’m running Vista 32bit and I don’t think its really any particular map, just happens when alot is goin on fighting-wise.

One thing I forgot to mention — bear in mind that priority settings are not kept between different launches, so you need to launch hl2.exe, change it, and go back in game.

Try putting hl2.exe to realtime (warning, do not do this for regular gameplay). Does this fix it?

If not, I have no idea. Try killing all non-essential processes and see if that fixes it, if it does, kill them one by one next time.

EDIT: also yays @ 30000 views :)

Cheez

Neither did anything :(

If you don’t know then I am screwed…

Hunt3r

LAME

do you have wireless? there is that wireless lan connect thing on windows vista and 7.
it searches every 30 sec or every minute for a better connection. look for it on google or here. i know i read it here in the forums somewhere.

Cheez

Yeah cheers hunter, but I have fixed that. This is more of a constant choke problem (and now an fps one aswell :/)

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Cheez

Neither did anything :(

If you don’t know then I am screwed…

Well, Vista and 7 do all sorts of crap that isn’t really needed (not that XP didn’t, but it certainly wasn’t as noticeable).

The FPS issue is likely something stealing cycles, so find out what it is and kill it (might be AV or something like that). If it only happens during fights it probably isn’t an actual problem with your AV per se, but it won’t hurt to whitelist steamapps in it.

As for the net issue, assuming you’re on a wired connection I’m not entirely sure what the cause might be. It might just be that something on your end is not functioning optimally, or it might be some sort of shaping ISP side. Either way, go for the bad net settings and that should hopefully alleviate it, if only slightly.

Cheez

I’ll uninstall my av (which is avira btw) and see what happens. Also I am on wireless atm, but have invested in some of those homeplugs which should arrive any day so hopefully the net problems may be solved by them. Cheers for all the help mate.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Cheez

I’ll uninstall my av (which is avira btw) and see what happens. Also I am on wireless atm, but have invested in some of those homeplugs which should arrive any day so hopefully the net problems may be solved by them. Cheers for all the help mate.

just get a 25m CAT5 and string it under the carpet, that’s what i do :D

Cheez

Yeah so do I at uni (in fact I don’t even bother putting it under the carpet it just runs through the house, but i’m at home for summer and mum hates having cables through the house :D

Uninstalled avira and it did nothing :)
Btw what constant fps should i be able to get with my rig?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Cheez

Yeah so do I at uni (in fact I don’t even bother putting it under the carpet it just runs through the house, but i’m at home for summer and mum hates having cables through the house :D

Uninstalled avira and it did nothing :)
Btw what constant fps should i be able to get with my rig?

At what res?

Cheez

1920×1080

octochris

(0v0)

not sure, but you should be pulling upwards of 60 the vast majority of the time with maxframes. heard a lot about worse than expected source performance with ati’s 4x series.

have a go with 1600×900 maybe? that might ramp up the performance a bit.

WLL

Hey , i use your Maxframes Cfg. and i have “black blood” again. I have the german version of tf2 .

I delete the section “ragdolls on” so the ragdolls are off.
My launch options: -dxlevel 80 -full -w 1400 -h 1050 -console -nojoy -noipx -novid -noforcemaccel -noforcemparms -noforcemspd +play qbeep.wav

Is there any possibility to turn the complete blood effects off?

Niekas

Quoted from octochris

August 1st, the day when I get my password db back so that I can update it through FTP :D

Upload it faster :((((

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from WLL

Is there any possibility to turn the complete blood effects off?

violence_ablood “0”
violence_hblood “0”

If this doesn’t work, I guess censor happy Germany has locked some cvars :D

Quoted from Niekas

[…]

Upload it faster :((((

Well you could always use the beta (it seems it will end up being the final anyway)

Niekas

Quoted from octochris

Well you could always use the beta (it seems it will end up being the final anyway)

Yes, yes I could. Now where can i find it ? :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 25 26 27 ... 116 Next »