Forum

Chris' FPS configs

Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 108 109 110 ... 116 Next »

Skraluk

i’m sorry i don’t fully understand you. one opens tf2 in a window the other one fullscreen. that works. when in create a shortcut from within the steam library, they are like this:
steam://rungameid/440
but then parameters get ignored.
are my only options to enter the parameters within steam and stop using windowed mode or leave it like this with the black screen flashing.
i don’t want to waste your time and it’s not a real problem but i would like to understand why it happens.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Skraluk

i’m sorry i don’t fully understand you. one opens tf2 in a window the other one fullscreen. that works. when in create a shortcut from within the steam library, they are like this:
steam://rungameid/440
but then parameters get ignored.
are my only options to enter the parameters within steam and stop using windowed mode or leave it like this with the black screen flashing.
i don’t want to waste your time and it’s not a real problem but i would like to understand why it happens.

Like I said, you have an ambiguous context for your launch options. Stop that and the problem goes away.

Skraluk

ok so i removed the launch parameters in the steam options. i didn’t touch any options in your graphconf.cfg. i deleted anything else from my autoexec except calling your graphconf.cfg. i deleted the config.cfg so i get a fresh one.
then i started the game from the steam library not from a shortcut. and still the resolution gets changed from 1920*1080 -> 1920*1080 with the black screen flash.

and i don’t think that having -fullscreen and -w 1920 -h 1080 in the parameters is ambiguous, so i still don’t know what you think is ambiguous in my parameters. (but again it’s happening also without parameters)

vøid

i crash everytime a server is changing level when i use the max or highfps config
( i never use any of the others )
it works without problem when deleting cfg + autoconfig
i’m pretty sure the faulty cvar is in threading / misc / sound part

not sure if it’s a known problem, but anyways, i don’t have the problem anymore,
i was just explaining it

Last edited by vøid,

feeling

ist doof

Quoted from Skraluk

ok so i removed the launch parameters in the steam options. i didn’t touch any options in your graphconf.cfg. i deleted anything else from my autoexec except calling your graphconf.cfg. i deleted the config.cfg so i get a fresh one.
then i started the game from the steam library not from a shortcut. and still the resolution gets changed from 1920*1080 -> 1920*1080 with the black screen flash.

and i don’t think that having -fullscreen and -w 1920 -h 1080 in the parameters is ambiguous, so i still don’t know what you think is ambiguous in my parameters. (but again it’s happening also without parameters)

Try removing mat_antialias 0 from the FPS config. Worked for me.

Last edited by feeling,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Can I use highframes but showing hats so I can tell soldiers apart?

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from fraac

asfaik fps configs don’t remove hats

octochris

(0v0)

Updated — jigglebones are now disabled in all frames configs.

Quoted from fraac

Uh… that’s got nothing to do with FPS configs.

Skraluk

Quoted from feeling

[…]
Try removing mat_antialias 0 from the FPS config. Worked for me.

thanks that works for me too.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from Enef

[…]

asfaik fps configs don’t remove hats

Oh. Okay then this is sort of offtopic but there were two other things I did for fps. One was the phongless pack and one reduced gun flashes. Does anyone know what the second one is called?

maukkaaa

Do the fps configs disable gore or is it just me?

povohat

yep
u gotta set all the violence cvars to 1 now. if any are 0, you get mad sparkz

violence_agibs 1
violence_hgibs 1
violence_ablood 1
violence_hblood 1

maukkaaa

Quoted from povohat

yep
u gotta set all the violence cvars to 1 now. if any are 0, you get mad sparkz

violence_agibs 1
violence_hgibs 1
violence_ablood 1
violence_hblood 1

thanks brah

Blinky

I’m using your highframes cfg, I wanted to enable ragdolls again, well i fixed it and i can see em now, but they are kinda freezing>.<

Could u tell me how to fix that?

Cheers!

taro

Couple things, new DX9 config makes the game look different to my old (August version) DX9 config.

Is it because it’s now -dxlevel 95 not -dxlevel 90? Why did you change this?

I don’t like the change, things are less crisp/clear now. Small difference but noticeable.

Second thing, what does cl_pred_optimize really do? I typed it into console but the description there makes no sense to me, can someone explain in plain english?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 108 109 110 ... 116 Next »