Created 6th June 2010 @ 15:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 109 110 111 ... 116 Next »

quartz

Yeah I’m also kinda curious on why the change to dxlevel 95 :p

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

I’m experiencing something similar to Hovis, but the other way around; was running dxlevel 98 with a late 2011 dx9 config, then switched to the latest nov 2012 dx9 config and stepped down to dxlevel 95.

Suddenly I noticed that things looked more “pixely” and crisp. Apparently I had been playing with some form of AA on all the time? As all forms of AA are disabled in the fps config, maybe this was some driver-enabled FXAA (Nvidia card)?

dxlevel 90 uses shader model 2.0 and dxlevel 95+ uses shader model 3; yet this shouldn’t directly be related to any AA setting…

I think there’s a chance that dxlevel 95 runs faster on most current-day GPUs than dxlevel 90… Just check for yourself what runs better.

DavidVegas

MM2013

Hey,

I’m using the maxframes version (with some modifications) with dxlevel 90 and everything is fine, except that I can’t get the nice lighting working.
Here is what I’m talking about, compare the 2 pics:

http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/screenshots/dx9frames_badlands.jpg
http://fakkelbrigade.eu/chris/configs/screenshots/highquality_badlands.jpg

Already tried setting mat_hdr_level to 2 but it made no difference.
Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance!

AnimaL

i dont know but could it be that there is no hdr on dxlevel 90? what about 95 or 98

DavidVegas

MM2013

Just tried it in 95 and 98 but I had no luck. I don’t know what’s going on even though I’m somehow familiar with technical affairs / configs O.o

beta

RaWr ::

Hi all,

Another Nvidia user here but I am on the 306.97 drivers.

Today I have noticed some issues with players or objects flashing, say for example Kritz weapons and use of Jarate.

Has anyone else got this?

To confirm – Highframes and I am using DXlevel 81

Last edited by beta,

qarky

Beta it’s a bug because of the new nvidia drivers

AnimaL

Quoted from qarky

Beta it’s a bug because of the new nvidia drivers

he kinda already said in his post that he is using old drivers?

Benedetto

| insΛne

I updated my nvidia drivers to 310.70 today and my all screen is flashing in TF2.

What’s the issue with those ? Where can I find some info ? Should I downgrade the drivers ? To which version ?

Thanks!

Houdini

The only fix i’ve found is to play on dxlevel 9. (-dxlevel 90 or + at launch options, don’t forget to remove it after the first launch)

AnimaL

Quoted from Benedetto

I updated my nvidia drivers to 310.70 today and my all screen is flashing in TF2.

What’s the issue with those ? Where can I find some info ? Should I downgrade the drivers ? To which version ?

Thanks!

306 works fine

Septique

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]306 works fine

+1. I get the same flashyshit with newer drivers.

beta

RaWr ::

Must be just me then, cheers anyhow

gf18_idiot

Top5rocket

Last edited by gf18_idiot,

manhunter

csapat
CRS

chris made a thread maybe even a year ago about a program which delets all of your cfgs etc. and makes your game fully deafult. anyone knows where to find it?

Last edited by manhunter,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 109 110 111 ... 116 Next »