Forum

TF2 Sapphire challenge @ Esports Heaven

Created 4th March 2010 @ 11:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 17 18 19 20 Next »

psunfragga

cc//

Quoted from Peio

What about playing it yesterday or today ? We were a bit late (due to a golden cap), we won the first round on gravelpit and lost the second. Our opponents said they couldn’t play that late, so we’re playing the golden cap today.

You were hunting for default and it came back at you, anyone with half a brain would find that normal.

mmmhmm, you guys were overrunning from your match before going to GC – it was only fair for us to wait around a bit instead of seeking a default as a game > default every time. Just unfortunate that gpit takes so long!

DIEHARDD

Quoted from Peio

What about playing it yesterday or today ? We were a bit late (due to a golden cap), we won the first round on gravelpit and lost the second. Our opponents said they couldn’t play that late, so we’re playing the golden cap today.

You were hunting for default and it came back at you, anyone with half a brain would find that normal.

We were trying to schedule match other day, because we wanted to play, but they have official today and we are busy on other days, we are not tards who are siting next to pc 24/7 maybe like you!?. That’s why you could just be quiet ok… with saying something about hunting for default… Who do you think you are, btw?

At least someone understands us.

11:29 – [ЯQ] Dr-Gimpfen : lol
11:29 – [ЯQ] Dr-Gimpfen : ESH is acting like retards @ the cup
11:29 – [ЯQ] Dr-Gimpfen : ETF2L/ESH admins are totaly retards
11:29 – [ЯQ] Dr-Gimpfen : they make rules and noone controls them
11:30 – [ЯQ] Dr-Gimpfen : so every clan can nearly do what ever he wants
11:35 – [ЯQ] Dr-Gimpfen : and if you tell the admin that clan x is breaking a rule you are named as defwin hunter
11:35 – [ЯQ] Dr-Gimpfen : lol

Thank you for understanding us.

Quoted from psunfragga

[…]
mmmhmm, you guys were overrunning from your match before going to GC – it was only fair for us to wait around a bit instead of seeking a default as a game > default every time. Just unfortunate that gpit takes so long!

Yep I was talking about the GC we had to play in our 2nd round game :) 2 golden caps + gravelpit = fkin late :p

DIEHARD: I’ll stop here because I really don’t give a fuck about your game, just enjoy your default loss :)

DIEHARDD

Quoted from Peio

[…]
Yep I was talking about the GC we had to play in our 2nd round game :) 2 golden caps + gravelpit = fkin late :p

DIEHARD: I’ll stop here because I really don’t give a fuck about your game, just enjoy your default loss :)

Thank you ^^

Defur

If vertex think we are default hunters i think they should face ous, saying that we didnt work on g-pit strats – we actually had a pracc game on G-pit going through our tactics because of the default against TLR

Also the mordi thing, mordi went to a friends house to play TF2 since his computer is broken, but he couldnt stay there the whole night on a monday, so he told ous that he wouldnt be able to play after around 22.00 ( probably were the match should have ended if it started around 21.30-21.40 ). So when he went home, he got online, answered that message and LOLSWEHAVEPROOF, which made the admin switch the decision he already had made earlier so they got the default instead

I think its all just bs, when it seems people here only seems to listen to Team Vertex side of the story.

since changing the decision again in our favor seems to be out of the question
Maybe if you have one official maybe we could play before/after so we can straighten this out?

Last edited by Defur,

Priem

this is like the Spa vs px “fight”
but this one is boring.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Defur

If vertex think we are default hunters i think they should face ous, saying that we didnt work on g-pit strats – we actually had a pracc game on G-pit going through our tactics because of the default against TLR

Also the mordi thing, mordi went to a friends house to play TF2 since his computer is broken, but he couldnt stay there the whole night on a monday, so he told ous that he wouldnt be able to play after around 22.00 ( probably were the match should have ended if it started around 21.30-21.40 ). So when he went home, he got online, answered that message and LOLSWEHAVEPROOF, which made the admin switch the decision he already had made earlier so they got the default instead

I think its all just bs, when it seems people here only seems to listen to Team Vertex side of the story.

since changing the decision again in our favor seems to be out of the question
Maybe if you have one official maybe we could play before/after so we can straighten this out?

Just to clear up your misnaming between the Vertex teams, you are in fact referring to Vertex2. Hope that helps!

With regards to your match, I am an ESH admin – but I took no part in this decision so that there was no perceived favouritism since Vertex2 are our 2nd team, and they mean a lot to me :)

From the evidence I saw in the private channel, Vertex2 were 15mins late due to a game that overran because of a golden cap. Clearly, this is where we as players should have some common sense, as has already been pointed out to you in this thread.

The very nature of a cup means that there are going to be drawn matches sometimes. Since there has to be a winner in every round, this will lead to teams playing an extra round to decide on a winner. As players, we need to understand this and realise that this may well make the next match start a few minutes late.

Oh and finally, I didn’t see anywhere that you refuted the logs from your team agreeing to join the Vertex2 server after being given the details?

You seem like a pretty cool guy normally, so it looks like a few mistakes all round. Pro-tip though – joining up with Dr Gimpfen to flame Admins is really not a wise move when you’re trying to seek clarification for a match now or in the future. It doesn’t cost anything to be polite.

As for the new rule itself, I unfortunately didn’t have a lot of input into it, but I believe it should be 15-20mins, not 10.

Defur

Quoted from d2m

wall of text

Yeah I dont really see the point of flaming, and i dont know who this dr gimpfen, also I did actually not now about the golden cap untill today – if that makes any diffrence on our behavior, and also we did not refur that “never coming on a server” because we didnt think it would have been taken seriously by the admins,

Also

5 Default wins – start on time
A team can claim a default win in the following situations:
– The other team does not have 6 players in the server 10 minutes after the scheduled match start time.

Its directly from the site, could you please explain?

Last edited by Defur,

Imperium

we might be able to reschedule the game before/after our etf2l official. looks like we will

back to the issue: defur fair enough about you not knowing the cap, and i hope you can say the same about the mordi issue. from what i recall we were merely 15 mins late rather than the aforementioned 30 and besides: he couldn’t play after 22:00? It’s gpit and I reckon it’ll be a pretty close game anyway, so say 7 mins for each team a/d (that’s if it’s a failed attack on b having got a) x2 is 28 mins if there is failed caps and b) only 2 rounds. – it would have been a massive risk even on time since it’s gpit.

at least you aren’t being sarcastic and flaming (subtle cough) and look forward to seeing you guys tonight

edit: on the ruling, you need to be flexible. we allowed plenty of time to be within that limit if there wasnt a delay – called a golden cap. that rule was first added this cup, so remember that it will need revisions and we were the example of that

Last edited by Imperium,

DIEHARDD

Imperium beforementioned 30minutes it was with the 10minutes late… :) I forgot to tell you. And thank you very much for playing with you guys. Sorry for yesterday and I hope we will forget problems which we have with each other. It was really nice to play, gg well played. ;) And again sorry about yesterday, I was just shocked, raging yesterday, I hope you understand. :/

Imperium

pretty sure we werent half an hour late on top of the 10 mins.
anyway, from my perspective its cool but not with a couple of others. considering some of the remarks you made, not particularly sure you deserved a second chance but hf v pentia

Defur

yeah I apoligize on befalf of my team

gg tho

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Reason did not sign up to this fantastic event – Schedules, Schedules and Schedules…

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Also Idea for future cups – lower bracket and higher bracket, prize money for both, don’t have to be equal but imagine what it is like for a Div 4/5/6 team entering a cup with a realistic chance of winning? They’d be throwing Wildcards in to re-arrange games in no time…

And if they don’t feel like giving away money to lower teams (even if say 20%) then have a lower vs upper final, obviously the upper will win but there is still a chance…

Anathema

If a team can’t get to the final the ‘normal’ way, and needs a seperate bracket for that, they’re honestly not going to beat the upper bracket finalist.

Last edited by Anathema,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 17 18 19 20 Next »