Forum

TF2 Sapphire challenge @ Esports Heaven

Created 4th March 2010 @ 11:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 20 Next »

infussle

i hope people realise for the next event that if more teams that sign up, there is a higher chance of playing similar opponents

ShadowG

IsF
LoEG

We played our first ESH cup and it was a blast. Registering, signing up and reporting the results was extremely easy and fast. We mainly signed up for a chance to play against a div 1 team and oh boy was everyone rejoicing in mumble when the brackets were announced. Round 1: Bye. Round 2: A very even and enjoyable match against Box?2. Round 3: The Mothership. The End Boss. Dignitas on cp_gravelpit. We managed to put up a semi-respectable fight using some of Dignitas’s own strategies against them.

I highly recommend every able clan to participate in the next one.

DIEHARDD

Worst cup ever and .

alfa

Well played Isf,was chatting with Klr and I couldnt belive he was actualy playing against diggy.Nice results guys!

Imperium

Quoted from Defur

CRAPDAMNIT

Quoted from DIEHARDD

Worst cup ever and .

why are you upset? you brought it on yourself:
You get a 6-1 easy win round 1 then get a lucky default v tlr, so you could even have thought about strats for gpit. Instead, you wait for us to finish when we finished late because of a golden cap (note: we started 5 mins late in game 1, so easily within the limit) so its hardly our fault that we were late – you could say that we should have started early, fair enough. So we ended up being 15 mins late, merely 5 mins too late but instead of getting on with it and playing, you went and hunted default.

So why did you hunt default? Because you were desperate to play in day 2. Even though you got a default against a div 1 side thats not enough for you, and you search default. although you did say mordi had to go, which is fair enough if a chat like this happened (from my memory not exact):

Gubbins: Mordi you there?
AE:Mordi: ey
AE:Mordi: ye
AE:Mordi: *
Gubbins: Thanks for admitting you’re here.

So that shows you’re story was clearly a lie and you were able to play. So you had no good reason to search for default except that we were late through unavoidable circumstances. Man up and try to play rather than go grinding out rules, otherwise it’ll come back at you. hope you learnt from it….

DIEHARDD

Oooh, I love fairytales.

kaidus

WiK?

Mmmm really crappy system where you can take defaults because of extended tiebreak rounds.

randa

Quoted from kaidus

Mmmm really crappy system where you can take defaults because of extended tiebreak rounds.

I’m sure the problems will get ironed out instead of QQing try constructing a sentence that might help the system and in turn help TF2.

kaidus

WiK?

Well the solution is pretty obvious, does it really need stating? It’s so obvious in fact that I feel justified in posting purely to express my distaste toward the lack of forsight that went in this rule’s creation.

DIEHARDD

In the rules, it’s said, if enemies are late in 10 minutes you can take default win, we took default win, and we even waited for 30minutes not 10minutes, our mate needed to leave, because we were waiting too long and we took default win, and suddenly the best admin ever named Crasp “Pro Division 5 player”… said “In light of evidence, we have choosed that Vertex will have default win” and we were laughing so hardly =DDD. He wrote it exactly like I did now. They are probably friends – Vertex and esportsheaven admin named Crasp or I just i don’t know :D, but yeah still…q

Good game Vetex =p, and gl&hf with PENTIA ;)

Last edited by DIEHARDD,

jason

PHX

and the rules will no doubt be rewritten to cope with cheap tactics like default hunters.

As it was the third and final match of the day I’m fairly sure that a compromise could have been reached.

kaidus

WiK?

Giving the default either way is retarded. Just reschedule for before round 4…

DIEHARDD

kaidus I can agree, but we were waiting already like 30minutes, and someone of us needed to leave. Jason you are funny. Read the previous Message. That system is crap and that’s why we had problems.

What about playing it yesterday or today ? We were a bit late (due to a golden cap), we won the first round on gravelpit and lost the second. Our opponents said they couldn’t play that late, so we’re playing the golden cap today.

You were hunting for default and it came back at you, anyone with half a brain would find that normal.

Last edited by Peio,

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Depch

If all the lower teams sign in fast, there are no div1/2 teams to play against. At least that’s the way I think these cups should run. No favouring of any team in the signup process. Maybe that could motivate lower teams to follow the scene up a bit more and get team ready to just press that apply button when time is due.

This is a bit offtopic kinda. But I think ETF2L should carry on the message of TF2 what it originally was too and work even more with the other leagues Esports Heaven and ESL, a newspost just doesn’t seem to work it through that well. Work to make the signups easier, promote them and encourage teams to support them. Extra buttons on top for ESH? Able to sign up team via ETF2L? Then link to their standings and that current cup page on ESH page, would definately gather up some more hits on ESH page and benefit them too that way.

+1

Why is there less interest from lower division teams for events like ESH? – I’m just guessing here.. but because they are less interested in Tf2 in general? Droprates are higher in those divisions, they don’t pay much attention to the forums, etc.
If you want to get 128 signups going.. you need alot more exposure, to reach the lower divisions clans.
And host something like ESH after the ETF2L ends, or in the weeks before it starts. Lower divsion clans in general won’t be playing 3/4 matches a week for fun, so an extra event like ESH won’t be that attractive when it’s in midseason and they are struggling to schedule normal league matches/trainings etc.

But I could be entirely wrong here :-)

Last edited by Andee,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 20 Next »