Forum

*EPISODE 4 with PURE* TF2 Podcast: The Direct Hit

Created 22nd February 2010 @ 20:46

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 13 Next »

Great job again! enjoyed it

blorg

”13 and gay”
Spence, I thought what we had was special..

randa

Quoted from blorg

”13 and gay”
Spence, I thought what we had was special..

LOLD

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

good cast again, sound volume more equal aswell.
anyone commenting on our match vs www read logs first: http://fakkelbrigade.eu/arie/dunc.txt

Last edited by Exfane,

Bash

God you really can’t let go can you!

Agro

(Q)<

Really impressed with the change in the space of two weeks. tDH is rapidly becoming the #1 Podkast for competative TF2 (in Europe, maybe in the World). Can’t wait till next week. Moar!

LUPUS

Nice, alot better this week.

dunc

infs
dp.

:D

Last edited by dunc,

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

tv_delaymapchange 1 for the big games. It’s not worth putting it in the config because we don’t want to force everyone to wait 90 seconds between maps just because they have STV on.

I disagree about the round times, obscure experimented with a lower round limit to reduce stalemates but it only amplified the problem, in most maps it’s in your best interest to push quickly.

Good stuff though, it was felt a little disjointed at the start as if the questions and answers were recorded separately, but after the quick-fire questions it got going again. I quite liked the background music in the first one but I didn’t really miss it in this one.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

tv_delaymapchange doesn’t seem to work. It’s been enabled on all FB servers for months but doesn’t do anything (prolly because of tournament mode).

Last edited by Arie,

SfynX

T2P

on the subject of round times.

it seems like people are going to the css side of things when it comes to tf2.
think about it, yes both cod4 and css have under 2 minutes or something to play a round, both cod4 and css you only have 1 life to use in that round.

tf2 is more like quake as in you have infinate respawns with a spawn time penalty with a total amount of time your able to play (20-30 mins).

if you use cs/cod4 runthroughs matches in my opinion will have much more draws.

you can try it but meh, im up for it if it works.

Darn

rockit like

5min roundtime wont suddenly change it to cs. Its just there to prevent some 10min stalemates “hi byte :p”. Only positive things could come from this imo. Its not yet really a big problem but could quite well become one.

byte

Mate i’ll make 5minutes feel like 10 minutes if i wanted to trust me :p

nice cast btw :D

Cheers

Byte

SnowiE

-9w-
-9m-

Arie that’s odd, I’m sure it used to work before didn’t it? Did a patch break it?

Some of my favourite rounds (playing) have been 10, 15 or even 20 minute epics with loads of back and forth movement across the points. Even watching some of the recent games, the only time I’ve considered it slightly boring have been when teams are building uber to push last or are peaking at last trying to get a pick for ages.

Randdalf

(0v0)

Quoted from Darn

5min roundtime wont suddenly change it to cs. Its just there to prevent some 10min stalemates “hi byte :p”. Only positive things could come from this imo. Its not yet really a big problem but could quite well become one.

10 minute round time has never ever been a problem. It’s only ever been a problem on maps where stalemates are common (Well, Fastlane and older versions of Obscure), because the game stagnates when pushes are failing from both sides and nobody’s capturing any point.

If anything, a no round time limit siuation would be for the better, meaning teams cannot camp out for that last 4 minutes to run down the clock and start again. That said, it means that maps like Well, like Fastlane, could potentially last forever.

However, only once in the time I’ve played competitive TF2 has the round limit been breached, and it was predictably, on Well, and our team was purposefully camping it out.

As Snowie said, it was proven that on Obscure (I don’t know if it still has the 7 minute timer – I haven’t played it recently), that reducing the timer resulted in more stalemates then before.

Don’t fix what ain’t broke.

And on a completely unrelated note: talking of CS, has anybody ever played Arena 6v6, properly full-on?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 13 Next »