Forum

Winter Assembly 2010

Created 2nd December 2009 @ 14:04

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 19 Next »

KraTe

[MIPC]
[MIPC]

Hi

I have received confirmation that Assembly Winter event will have (max 8 teams) open TF2 tournament (TUP / NON BYOC). This will be officially published soon by finnish tournament organizer Peliliiga & Assembly.

About the prizes.. I have something for that one also. Just check prizes of the last year tournament below. Prizes are not confirmed yet but we can get hints about them of the last years prize table..

http://www.assembly.org/winter09/compos/prizes

Krate (at) tf2.fi

———————— UPDATE 5.12.2009
Little update for the topic. Singup details have been confirmed.

You can sign in for the tournament by sending an email to [email protected]
Everyone is welcome to singup for the tournament.
Last date for presignups is 27.12.2009. After this tournament will be open for anyone who will apply.

Information which is required for presignup:
Team name, tag, players steamids,full names,nicknames and ages. Also attach contact person’s email, phonenumber and full name.
If you want your team to get invited from the presignups, you also have to deliver your team’s config files to the email address mentioned above.Make sure that the config files are named and packed clearly by the team name/tag and the player’s nick. You are allowed to send MAX 10 config files per player. Pack the files with zip archive or something similar.

Register your players to http://tms.peliliiga.fi and create your team to the tournament system!

Shortly about tournament structure and rules:

– TUP = turn up and play / NON-BYOC = no need to bring your own computer (atleast its my version of it Wink
– 8 teams will be seeded and selected from the presignups by TF2.fi staff.
– If we will not get 8 teams from presignups, the tournament will be opened for everyone after 28.12.2009.
– There are 2 starting groups – semifinals – bronze match and the final
– Matches are played with the basic etf2l rules with few modifications.
– The rules will be published soon in finnish and after that we will translate them to english and tell the parts that differs from the etf2l rules.

Prizes:
Prizes: Only hint for now is you can take a look at the last year prize table. Prizelist will be updated when the official Winter Assembly 2010 site is published.

Check this link for the FAQ of the party place – http://www.kaapelitehdas.fi/en/faq-
There will be lot of information about the party place when the Assemblys new official site will be published. Location is almost in the heart of Helsinki so there are various places to stay over night or two.

I will keep this topic updated when there is anything new announced.

If you have more questions or you need some specific information about the Winter Assembly, Helsinki or traveling in Finland feel free to ask from tf2.fi crew. I’m also sure there are many finnish tf2 players who will gladly tell you more and help.

Last edited by KraTe,

tarmo-

<3 Fruit

LF TEAM @ WASM

contact irc: tarmo- or minitrm, #gather.fi or #tf2.fi @ qnet

Pm me if you need div2 cabable soldier for lan squad =)

Last edited by tarmo-,

Moose

[MIPC]

KraTe forgot to mention that the tournament sign-ups are done to his email which is listed above. Anyone who’s able and willing to come spend a weekend in Helsinki in January is welcome to sign up, including mix teams. If more than 8 teams sign up, we will select the attending teams based on past achievements and general skill level of the team.

The Assembly Summer 2009 TF2 tournament received great feedback and I’ve never seen as loud e-sports audience as we had there. Our enthusiasm impressed the Assembly organizers as well and I’m expecting another great event. The TF2 tournament is run again by experts from TF2.fi so you can expect little or no problems with the tournament caused by clueless admins.

It is very likely that at least Dignitas, illegal and Power Gaming will be there so this is a great chance to see and play against the top3 teams from ETF2L Season 6. Also, Team Celsus and rockit have mentioned that they might be coming so I believe we’ll see the highest skilled TF2 LAN tournament up to date.

Last edited by Moose,

skinnie

TCM

I hope we can go

is it without 3d glasses this time :o

Last edited by skinnie,

Moose

[MIPC]

Yes, last time the TF2 tournament was a sponsored special event and it wouldn’t have been possible without Nvidia’s and Samsung’s help. That also meant that we had to use those 3D-glasses. This year TF2 is one of Peliliiga’s and Assembly’s official pro games so we don’t have to use any gimmicks like that.

Darn

rockit like

now only dunc to get his shite together and we´ll have a kickass tournament

dunc

infs
dp.

meh find me some soldiers that aren’t dogshit/retarded

Wiiking

meh find me some soldiers that aren’t dogshit/retarded

dogshit is not retarded :(

dunc

infs
dp.

hello

Depch

Yeah we are coming up, we have Adiemus, Depch, Destructo, Dorkan, Nor pretty much confirmed from our own lineup.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Only 8 teams?

Only TUP?

Can you confirm these, as the website says you can only BYOC.

KraTe

[MIPC]
[MIPC]

Only 8 teams?

Only TUP?

Can you confirm these, as the website says you can only BYOC.

The event is TUP and yes only 8 teams can participate. We have very tough schedule for a 3 day event so its not possible to get more participants.. :(
Maybe you have looked at the old site Winter09 not the new one? http://www.assembly.org/winter10/ .
I believe that new site will be published soon (not later than sunday)..

Sounds great!

dunc

infs
dp.

Sounds fucking sweet btw. Ze olde resupply will be covering this as much as possible.

M0re

bury ze resuply and start writing shit for cadred. (btw we’ve 4/6 guys coming atm)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 19 Next »