Forum

TF2 AutoDemo | A program for auto-saving game demos

Created 20th July 2009 @ 14:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Puppets

well awesome would be the idea to config the programm for each match you play, so if you type into the console with some variables its gonna count trough,e.g. :
use “badlands_pickup_2107_%number%” , so its gonna be named “badlands_pickup_2107_01 … 02 … 03 and so on so you have all from these sorted and there wouldnt be problems with renaming, because of double used names

Willazord

brilliant program, great job.

DDgeva

well awesome would be the idea to config the programm for each match you play, so if you type into the console with some variables its gonna count trough,e.g. :
use “badlands_pickup_2107_%number%” , so its gonna be named “badlands_pickup_2107_01 … 02 … 03 and so on so you have all from these sorted and there wouldnt be problems with renaming, because of double used names

Yeah that is a good idea.
Also not hard to do..
I’ll definitely look into that for the next release.

I tried writing in GotFrag forums, but I get this error:
“Please enter a valid thread body at least 10 characters, which does not contain any banned terms.”
I’m trying to post the exact same message I posted in this forum.
I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong.. any ideas?

Thanks again for all of the replies! I appreciate it.
Geva.

trams

-><-

Very nice program, but one questionm, why is it important to turn the program off? does it record the desktop when pressing p? ;)

Puppets

if you want a demo from the whole match, like etf2l forces you to, you cant use it

perry

[MIPC]

if you want a demo from the whole match, like etf2l forces you to, you cant use it

Usually everybody remembers to record official matches anyway, at least i do. The problem comes when you play pcws, then you dont remember to record and get some nice frags :F

DDgeva

Very nice program, but one questionm, why is it important to turn the program off? does it record the desktop when pressing p? ;)

Haha no.. I say that because the program keeps looking for logs (It can’t tell when the game is closed) so it’s just not necessary that you leave it on.
Also, if you leave the program on after closing the game, and then open the game again (without restarting the program), it might cause some issues.. so closing the program as soon as you close the game is a good you to prevent that.

carbon

You know what would be amazing, if you could make it so that everytime both teams ready up on mp_tournament 1 it starts recording a demo and it stops when the time / score limit etc runs out.

Probably impossible but :X

For that purpose I’ve created a nifty little sourcemod plugin that works on the server side.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=853699

edit: wtf is with the random avatars

Gaarulf

UP|

Can’t get it to work, using win 7 and windowed mode, if that have any kind of effect.

I get it to start, I get to chose game directory (d:/program files/steam/steamapps/Gaarulf), but the app won’t recognize that I start TF2.

DDgeva

Can’t get it to work, using win 7 and windowed mode, if that have any kind of effect.

I get it to start, I get to chose game directory (d:/program files/steam/steamapps/Gaarulf), but the app won’t recognize that I start TF2.

Great ! ;)
I’ve been waiting for problems to solve.

I need you to check some things:
1. Did you run ConfigReplacer? (Only ONCE!)
Check if your autoexec config contains the line “exec replayer”,
and check if the file “replayer.cfg” contains the line “name”.
2. When you open the program, there’s a folder path colored in orange.. Is that the correct user directory?
3. Throughout this stage, don’t run the program.
Open the game without running the program, then close the game.
Open your user directory (the one you entered in the program), and tell me if it contains a file called “console.log”.
One of these should tell me what causes the problem.

Thanks for reporting.

saiboat

if you havent already you should note that it only works for people who move with the WASD keys, as the W key triggers your autorecording :)

Gaarulf

UP|

Thanks alot! I hadn’t run the patcher, as I thought I didn’t need to.

Great tool!

Anyways, is there any way to use the tool to see your demos? Like, batch open them and see the kills and class?

somehow the tool closed as I closed tf2, and I didn’t see the “2 kills – pyro” (Pubs ftw!), and didn’t get a chance to rename them. Now I have demo01 and demo02 without knowing wich is wich.

Norrland3000

I play with ESDF :/

DDgeva

Thanks alot! I hadn’t run the patcher, as I thought I didn’t need to.

Great tool!

Anyways, is there any way to use the tool to see your demos? Like, batch open them and see the kills and class?

somehow the tool closed as I closed tf2, and I didn’t see the “2 kills – pyro” (Pubs ftw!), and didn’t get a chance to rename them. Now I have demo01 and demo02 without knowing wich is wich.

There is no way to use the program to see the demos.
You should rename them while playing.. say after saving the first demo open the console and write:
“rename-pyroAxe” to rename it to pyroAxe. you’ll here an indication sound.
Also, you can open the file demos.txt, located in the directory you installed the program in. It includes the list of demos you saved, and should contain that line you missed (2 kills – pyro).

Enjoy the program! :)

Regarding the WASD issue
Yes, I am aware that some users use different keys (other than ‘W’) to move forward.
In the next release, when running ConfigReplacer, there will be an option to select which key is your ‘forward’ key.

TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM open your cfg folder (inside the tf folder), edit the following files:

* record.cfg :
In these lines:

unbind “w”
bind “w” “+forward”

Replace the W with your forward key (Z or E or whatever).

* startDemo.cfg :
in this line:

bind “w” “exec record”

replace the W with your forward key.

brownymaster

Heh, I find it funny that this got released a day after I released my own demo autorenamer (although it was crappy :p). But it’s pretty cool how your program actually reads the console and works from it. Given me some good ideas too. We’ll have to see though if the new demo system will go, but for now this program’s pretty good.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »