Forum

Comp.tf 1st Ultiduo Cup

Created 26th April 2014 @ 22:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Drackk

best
sniper

its a shame about the timing of this cup, would have liked to play it, but the turbine cup is on at the same time :(

Kaneco

Quoted from Drackk

its a shame about the timing of this cup, would have liked to play it, but the turbine cup is on at the same time :(

It doesn’t collide with the cup. Its different hours completely.

rant edited out

Last edited by Kaneco,

huhystah

dwama

Kaneco

Quoted from huhystah

dwama

It’s not drama, I got like 4-5 people adding me only to tell me they couldn’t play in the cup because of the turbine cup and to know if I could change the cup. My reaction may have been disproportionate to Drackk’s comment but is not when you see the whole picture. It’s tiring honestly, and its not my fault. Specially when you use a good amount of hours of your free time to organize a cup with so little sign ups, yeah, not worth it.

Yuval

mzn
DBLE

i mean like a tournement for around div 4/5/6 ultiduo players

Kaneco

Quoted from Yuval

i mean like a tournement for around div 4/5/6 ultiduo players

Sorry, this isn’t possible unless we had enough signups for tiered brackets, which we do not, and since the higher level players are what draw more attention to the cup I wouldn’t be doing one for newbies only. Unless it was a 6v6 newbie cup.

Kaneco

We have a few more item prizes, courtesy of our partners / sponsors Whitelist.tf and tf2pickup.net

The prizepool atm looks like this:

1st Place: 60% of the total signup keys
Soldier: Strange Disciplinary Action
Medic: Specialized Killstreak Crusader’s Crossbow Kit
2nd Place: 30% of the total signup keys
Soldier: Specialized Killstreak Disciplinary Action Kit
Medic: Specialized Killstreak Ubersaw Kit
3rd Place: 10% of the total signup keys
Soldier: Killstreak Escape Plan Kit
Medic: Killstreak Ubersaw Kit

We also have decided on a map pool for now, the official maps for the cup are gonna be koth_ultiduo_r_b7, ultiduo_baloo and ultiduo_gullywash_b2, all 3 are gonna be in rotation through each round.
I would like to test one more ultiduo map in the first round but I haven’t found any that really stood out or had really good feedback other than these 3. If you have a recommendation for the last map please let me know.

Last edited by Kaneco,

Kaneco

Last 2 day for signups and by the way as a warning, this cup won’t collide with the ETF2L turbine cup, it is on completely different times and our cup finishes before the turbine cup starts.

Kaneco

Last day for signup.

Kaneco

Final brackets and scheduling info available on the official cup page here.

Kaneco

cup starts in about 1 hour

Kaneco

Grand finals going live in a couple of minutes in our stream at http://www.twitch.tv/comptflive

Kaneco

The VODs of the cup are now all available on our youtube channel and on this playlist

Carlos Kaiser

I have to say that Ultiduo is the most interesting gamemode to watch, really interesting games in the cup.

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Some very intense games indeed!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »