Forum

Saloon.tf - General discussion

Created 6th April 2014 @ 12:24

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 8 Next »

CHERRY

Quoted from Sideshow

if steam keeps busting shit unintentionally that you’re making for this, how likely is it that they’ll intentionally bust shit once it’s made?

They could have made it already to break steam groups inviting bots, but they didn’t, because they would need to change steam client too.

Kaneco

Steam thrives off these kind of community built sites, to shut them down or cripple them would be a big mistake. Imagine the uproar is scrap.tf was suddently closed because steam blocked all the bots

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Fair enough, gambling is slightly different to trading but CSGO already does it so hey ho they can’t be against it on principle.

CHERRY

Early sketch: http://i.imgur.com/iaNzYnd.png

LaMqTa

fenneks

Quoted from CHERRY

Early sketch: http://i.imgur.com/iaNzYnd.png

looks really amazing <3

Popcorp

You should talk to Tf2Outpost owner about them adding a link to your Betting website, so it will be like Cs:go lounge, a Trading and Betting website, should attract traders and more viewers to watch those Match streams :)

CHERRY

Why do TF2 teams have so fucked up long names?
Everything fits nicely on csgolounge, but I guess I will have to make team names aliases to avoid names like: “Xero Error Gaming TF2”

Forsak3n

S

Are you planning to finish it before the next season?

CHERRY

Quoted from Forsak3n

Are you planning to finish it before the next season?

I don’t know when S18 will be tbh.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from CHERRY

Why do TF2 teams have so fucked up long names?
Everything fits nicely on csgolounge, but I guess I will have to make team names aliases to avoid names like: “Xero Error Gaming TF2”

How about using the team name abbreviations and have some way there to know the full name easily too?
Like for example how Virtus.pro is just VP in CSGO Lounge, so similarly Chessclub would be -chess- in that case.
Unless if that was exactly what you were thinking of doing then.

And I think S18 might be a bit too soon I think, but at least before the next HL season or nations cup it would be great to have the site ready.

Edit: sorry edited instead of quoting

Last edited by CHERRY,

CHERRY

Yeah -chess- seems too much like a tag, I was thinking about something like Ayogurl for International AYOGURL SUGADADDY HOOD PUSSY CREEPERS

Last edited by CHERRY,

Gentleman Jon

Do you have the stuff like calculating your book overround properly and how this translates into items and payouts covered? Getting that right is probably your biggest long term headache.

CHERRY

Quoted from Gentleman Jon

Do you have the stuff like calculating your book overround properly and how this translates into items and payouts covered? Getting that right is probably your biggest long term headache.

I know that you’re good with numbers and I could use your help if you’re willing.
I thought that instead of calculating chances and involving myself in gambling too I could just calculate value of items put up on one team vs value of bets for the second team and show this on website, then later split all pool proportionaly (propably taking small fee unless someone sponsors me a server) between those who turned out to be good at gambling.

Gentleman Jon

Without the odds you might have difficulty drumming up bets as everyone waits for a decent stockpile to appear on the other side of the match, whereas with odds punters have a guaranteed chance of a return so have more incentive to bet.

An alternative would be a bet matching system like betfair where the punters offer the odds, but that’s a lot of work to code.

In terms of item values you could use backpack.tf api as a value base, they price things to small fractions of a ref. If someone bet a backbiter’s billycock (1.33 ref) at odds of 6-4 then you could pay them a caffeine cooler (2 ref). You need a back store of items whatever happens, even if there’s no odds so you can give an even distribution of the prize pot.

Anyway I’m away from home at the moment, I have some other projects going at the moment but I can lend a hand later if you don’t get a better offer in the meantime.

CHERRY

Quoted from Gentleman Jon

Without the odds you might have difficulty drumming up bets as everyone waits for a decent stockpile to appear on the other side of the match, whereas with odds punters have a guaranteed chance of a return so have more incentive to bet.

An alternative would be a bet matching system like betfair where the punters offer the odds, but that’s a lot of work to code.

In terms of item values you could use backpack.tf api as a value base, they price things to small fractions of a ref. If someone bet a backbiter’s billycock (1.33 ref) at odds of 6-4 then you could pay them a caffeine cooler (2 ref). You need a back store of items whatever happens, even if there’s no odds so you can give an even distribution of the prize pot.

Anyway I’m away from home at the moment, I have some other projects going at the moment but I can lend a hand later if you don’t get a better offer in the meantime.

I’ll propably accept only accept metals, keys, bills and buds, but yeah I was going to go with backpack.tf anyway for key prices.

Maybe I could make bonuses for betting earlier? Like everyone should get 1.8 of what they put in, but instead those who made last minute bet get only 1.7 and those who made it earlier get 1.9?

I don’t know guarantying return sounds like a risk on my side and a lot more thought to put into each bet instead of just making them appear automatically.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 8 Next »