Forum

Saloon.tf - General discussion

Created 6th April 2014 @ 12:24

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »

CHERRY

For the past few months I’ve been working on a betting website (with a little help of my friends) , which is now ready to for the official announcement to the wider audience.

Saloon.tf hosts bets for all major leagues and competitions from all over the world.

We’re using parimutuel betting known mainly from horse races, which means that instead of using fixed predefined odds beforehand, the payoff odds will be calculated by sharing the lost items among the winners.

The main reason for doing this is that I can’t go bankrupt unable to cover payoffs if I set wrong odds or underestimate amount of players involved. The other thing is that I will avoid accusations of doing Black Sox coming from the upset users as I don’t have particular interest in any of the sides winning and you can trust me to do my best to prevent 322 though it may not be entirely possible.

Odds can minimally change during the time, which is why I’ve decided to let users switch their picks (as long as the status isn’t locked), so they can react for changing payout values.
Items’ values are updated using trade.tf’s API just before distributing them. You’re able to place all genuie, vintage and unique keys, cosmetic items, paint cans and metals in your bet as long as they fit in the price range between earbuds and refined metal.

Huge part of betting is watching the games and we want to help you enjoy that displaying casts from BlackOutGaming.TV, TeamFortress.TV and other orgs!

Last edited by CHERRY,

Genmix

bobs

This seems like some pretty heavy shit, I don’t know what is going on but it looks quite impressive

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

So in the end, the website can be used for betting on the results of premiership and d1 officials?

CHERRY

Quoted from BenBazinga

So in the end, the website can be used for betting on the results of premiership and d1 officials?

Yeah, ETF2L, UGC, ESEA stuff like that

LaMqTa

fenneks

I really like the idea because i am sure that there is tons of people who will use it. Everybody is some sort of a gambling type person in his different way and if you mix it with the game you play the most..this would be just perfect for the community and the website owners :D Keep it going CHERRY!

jakeowaty

+1

I would help, if I knew anything about the coding. And I know only CoDing.
Keep us updated!

CHERRY

I got captched…

Anyone got an idea how long is it gonna take until they cool down?

I’ve beaten you once again VALVE!

Last edited by CHERRY,

I’m astonished about the fact that you have made this much progress in just 1 week. Great work!

Python

Oh my god great work, please keep it up!!!

Carlos Kaiser

If this happens I would spend more time on this than on actual TF2

Setlet

yay finally I can lose even more rares

Hopefully you’ll be able to sort out the problems.

CHERRY

I need someone with: Max’s Head, Bill’s Hat and Earbuds and other promos which are used as a currency. Don’t worry I don’t need the items, but I need the special items code (not the one in the schema) in order to make bot recognize them.

EDIT: Got everything I wanted

Last edited by CHERRY,

CHERRY

Just wanted to say that the bot accepted it’s first tradeoffer!
Well tbh it didn’t accept shit, but it got an error saying:

You have logged in from a new device. In order to protect the items in your inventory, you will be unable to trade from this device for 7 days.

So it works I guess :)

I was slowed down a little, by Steam throwing “internal server” errors at me, but I managed to get through it by encoding steamid with unicode instead of sending it as a number/ascii string. I don’t know why they did it this way, but Valve’s Valve I guess.

Ah, last thing.
I am looking for a graphic designer, so if you want to help me with this project add me. Coders are welcome too.

EDIT: Accepted trade offer using cookie stolen from my home PC: http://i.imgur.com/tmZfnj0.png

Last edited by CHERRY,

CHERRY

Steam part is 100% done.
It can interact with friends and trade offers, I decided to just ignore groups because Valve seems to be oversensitive in this area and bans accounts for sending group invites using bots.
French law wants OVH to verify if I live in EU before they give me domain name, so I had to send them official letter from the town hall (I have only passport and they want the city.)
It was a good time anyway since emb found some bugs that need fixing in the ETF2L’s theme, but I’m disappointed with the process anyway. After I go through this bureaucracy I will begin work on the website.

Last edited by CHERRY,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

if steam keeps busting shit unintentionally that you’re making for this, how likely is it that they’ll intentionally bust shit once it’s made?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 8 Next »