Forum

TF2Center.com, from pub to competitive

Created 5th August 2013 @ 23:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 33 Next »

Quoted from mttokki

I dont want to sound a fucking dick, but can you fucking fix the bug where you cant jjjoin the server when youre kicked out of it with no fucking reason? fuck.

Admin kicked you? You got disconnected? You left? You were subbed? Context is a wonderful thing!

Quoted from Setlet

[…]

Removed, but it’s still not working.

Should I remove the anti cheat tool too?

The map-change delay with TFTrue can sometimes cause problems. I thought we’d fixed this though, so if that’s not the case then let us know server details and I can take a look.

The read timeout will be caused by the server not doing something in a timely manner (such as a 90 second delay on map change, when we expect it to complete within 30). If you have access to real-time server logs you should be able to see what is being executed over rcon at the time, to see whether your server is being slow or we are expecting things to happen too quickly.

Jesse James

Quoted from foxy_dave

[…]

Apparently lots of things are true.

However, no-one has yet given us evidence that this has happened. As said previously elsewhere, if this is the case it will be looked into with highest priority, but we have no proof that anything has actually happened.

evidence http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSTSPodYKnY

AnimaL

Quoted from foxy_dave

[…]

The map-change delay with TFTrue can sometimes cause problems. I thought we’d fixed this though, so if that’s not the case then let us know server details and I can take a look.

The read timeout will be caused by the server not doing something in a timely manner (such as a 90 second delay on map change, when we expect it to complete within 30). If you have access to real-time server logs you should be able to see what is being executed over rcon at the time, to see whether your server is being slow or we are expecting things to happen too quickly.

the serveme.tf servers have some kind of ddos protection, i noticed this from HLSW that 50% of time server does not respond with any data. Dunno if its tftrue or just something arie uses to protect servers but either way i doubt its anything related to tf2center

edit: it did that when tftrue was not even on servers so its not tftrue

Last edited by AnimaL,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]the serveme.tf servers have some kind of ddos protection, i noticed this from HLSW that 50% of time server does not respond with any data. Dunno if its tftrue or just something arie uses to protect servers but either way i doubt its anything related to tf2center

edit: it did that when tftrue was not even on servers so its not tftrue

I guess that’s just the built in limit to query commands conflicting with HLSW’s auto-update feature. As far as I know all serveme.tf use the default setting for this.

Quoted from foxy_dave

[…]

I suggest you disable TFTrue’s map change delay before changing the map.
tftrue_tv_delaymapchange 0

Last edited by Arie,

Quoted from Jesse James

[…]

evidence http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSTSPodYKnY

I may be missing something, and it may well have been on a tf2center lobby that that happened… but there’s no suggestion of what lobby it was, and no suggestion that that was actually a tf2center lobby.

Also, while bad, even if it’s a tf2center lobby it looks like a lot was done through sourcemod. By the server owner. There are some things that are just beyond our control.

We can ban players/IPs from joining/hosting lobbies, but once you’re on their server it’s largely out of our hands.

gf18_idiot

Top5rocket

Surely already asked somewhere, I didn’t check the whole topic but I can’t wait for a “kick” button, to kick players from a lobby.
It’s boring when someone you know is trolling or something join the lobby and can’t be kicked from it. You can just kick him from the slot, but if he is spamming the slot, he’ll re-add directly.

KillAri

300h limit is too much tbh.

maidos

indeed, would like to have a own ban list for each users. So whenever a person start a lobby the banned person will not be allowed to join any of his own lobbies

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from KillAri

300h limit is too much tbh.

300 seems fine if you’re looking at it from the competitive perspective. Someone with less than this is either really new to TF2 or an alt account.

Setlet

Quoted from Arie

[…]

I suggest you disable TFTrue’s map change delay before changing the map.
tftrue_tv_delaymapchange 0

This helped my problem. Thanks :)

KillAri

There is people with less than 300 hours who just want to play something, be better etc. And there is people with more than 3000 hours who are bad as fuck and still switching class.
For my part, I got a friend with 100 hours who play way better than half of lobby players.
50 or 100 hours is enough for this limit, not 300, it’s ridiculous.

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from KillAri

There is people with less than 300 hours who just want to play something, be better etc. And there is people with more than 3000 hours who are bad as fuck and still switching class.
For my part, I got a friend with 100 hours who play way better than half of lobby players.
50 or 100 hours is enough for this limit, not 300, it’s ridiculous.

well then too bad for your friend:P the general site would improve with a general hour limit of about 500.

Spike Himself

TC

Last night we played in a lobby with a medic that actually bottom scored. http://logs.tf/189779

He had 2500 hours in the game.

A year ago or so my team played with a scout that destroyed the opponent.

He had 10 hours in the game.

Just saying.

(p.s. can’t lobby creators already apply restrictions on hours played? why not leave it up to them?)

Last edited by Spike Himself,

ash

(Legend)
:D

Arguably said scout was cheating. ))

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 16 17 18 ... 33 Next »