Forum

ESA P2P Ultiduo #1

Created 15th July 2013 @ 10:52

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Spike Himself

TC

Personally I think the p2p thing is great, TF2 just isn’t the right game for it.

The entry fee is incredibly cheap for teams that are sponsored. You just don’t see those in TF2 for all the well known reasons.

Not to mention the general mentality amongst competitive TF2 players is “do nothing get everything”. Remember a few seasons ago when all ETF2L could afford to offer as prizes were headsets and the like? People actually complained because it wasn’t good enough!

We all want TF2 to grow and we all want the best for our community. That’s a given. Until we have to pay for it.

On the other hand, ESEA manage…

Kaneco

I don’t think the p2p model is necessarily the wrong choice for this type of cups, I just think the way it was implemented wasn’t the best. Like sideshow said, a group phase would be great, let the players play like 3-4 games before being eliminated.

Like for example 4 groups of 4 teams = 16 teams like you planned but I feel with a group phase it would be much more interesting for the players, and since they are paying to play they want to get the most out of it.

Also the promotion, I must admit I haven’t checked vanilla lately, the truth is that it lost a lot of momentum compared to tf.tv when it comes to scene news, still my bad for missing it but it still should have been promoted all over the place… On tf.tv, reddit, etf2l, everywhere goes… I just saw this today morning and I’m pretty regular in the community forums and sites, so you can get the idea of how this wasn’t properly promoted (again just trying to give my input, not saying this in a derogatory way.)

Hell, you can even ask me and I’ll put a banner or something on http://comp.tf even if I know there will be no more than the regular visitors. Promotion is something this scene really needs to work on. We should have a much more central hub at least for tournaments, where a user friendly calendar or countdown showed all the possible comps for all scenes.

Maybe even allow for the tournament registration with items, set up a item bot (there is one open source around) and get it to collect items and convert to cash to the player wallet. And a lower fee wouldn’t be bad either, but I don’t think thats the main issue…. Think of it like the steam sales, is it better to have 64 players paying 1$ each or 16 players paying 4$ each? The more players play, the more numbers the streams / casts / league site / future tournaments etc will get, because it gathers a lot more attention.

PS: its about time the damn default currency is changed to €, 90% of the eu scene uses € not pounds, this is really a pet peeve of mine with the site

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

I was under the impression that it was £4 per person as well, and the timing isn’t the best. People in top teams have playoff games and LAN that they’re still practicing for, and there are still teams getting keen for next season already. But there isn’t a perfect time so I can see why you’d choose this one.

MightyMe

UbeR |

– mistake already discussed it with canfo –

Last edited by MightyMe,

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from MightyMe

bo1 is pretty stupid tbh

It is only best of 1 maps, the map itself is won after 2 caps per team (best of 3), which can take up to 35 minutes. Why is that stupid? It allows a faster progress during the earlier rounds and potentially more rounds/teams per night (which was not necessary in this case, granted).

For the semis and finals it is best of 3 maps.

Asbak

[DU-R]

I dont think 2 pounds per person is too much. I think one of the bigger problems could be that its on monday night which is ugc night, so that already stops a lot of people from entering. Even though I got raped in both matches it was still fun. I’d sign up again.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Thanks for the feedback everyone and thanks to the 5 teams that played in the end! There is unfortunately nothing that can be done about the currency. I tried to pick a better time and lowered the entry fee for the next edition.

The next 2v2 P2P cup is next week on Wednesday at 20.00 CEST in the BBall format. Entry fee is £3 per team (resulting in a maximum prize pool of £48), 16 slots, top 8 payout. Proper announcement will follow when the signups open (this Wednesday).

Don’t forget that you can host community tournaments in the 6v6, Ultiduo or BBall format. It is piss easy, rules etc. are already set up. It is literally just a few clicks away: https://esagamer.com/tournaments/community/create

Kaneco

Quoted from CanFo

Thanks for the feedback everyone and thanks to the 5 teams that played in the end! There is unfortunately nothing that can be done about the currency. I tried to pick a better time and lowered the entry fee for the next edition.

The next 2v2 P2P cup is next week on Wednesday at 20.00 CEST in the BBall format. Entry fee is £3 per team (resulting in a maximum prize pool of £48), 16 slots, top 8 payout. Proper announcement will follow when the signups open (this Wednesday).

Don’t forget that you can host community tournaments in the 6v6, Ultiduo or BBall format. It is piss easy, rules etc. are already set up. It is literally just a few clicks away: https://esagamer.com/tournaments/community/create

Why only 16 slots?

With decent promotion it could easily fill 32 slots imo

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2