Forum

TF2Pickup.net sponsored by SimRai.com

Created 12th December 2012 @ 00:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 54 55 56 ... 84 Next »

LaMqTa

fenneks

Hello everybody! We have some problems with the servers…we will try to fix it asap

Last edited by LaMqTa,

Trath

Replacement servers were provided by Skyride until GPS sort their problems out.
Pickups can run smoothly again.

LaMqTa

fenneks

Hello, everybody!
I think you should know whats going on with the GPS servers…Few weeks ago we decided to replace the gps.com server 2 with server 2 from hiperz.com in order to see if everything is okay and to get some customers for hiperz. Therefore if we got customers, hiperz will sponsor us and we would replace the servers from gps.com to hiperz.com. We decided to do this move because the GPS.com servers weren’t working smoothly this month and so, players are getting angry/dissapoint that the tf2pickup.net was working on day and on the another…there servers were down because tf2 update. The idea was mainly mine, but i didn’t contact gps.com to tell them that…so today i contacted them and they told me that they are not happy sponsoring us anymore if we will use servers from hiperz.com aswell. So they decided to cancel our sponsorship. If you want to blame somebody because of the issues on the servers, you probably should blame me. I already talking with some another hosters/gamings to help us with servers and we will see whats their opinion. Till we got new servers, we will use the servers of pixelpickup(thanks so much skyride), there will be no TFTrue, no fDivs plugin and no logs till we got new servers. Also we know the bugs in the website and we are doing our best to fix them asap. Our main coder(kuferl) is having some rl issues so he will be back tomorrow and he will start doing his job. I hope you understand. Thanks!

Regards,
LaMqTa
TF2Pickup.net

CHERRY

Last edited by CHERRY,

LaMqTa

fenneks

Quoted from CHERRY

Please accept me =)

Done!

accless

cp_

And there I was getting excited about not having a constant 100 ping :/ Turns out I was playing on hyperz servers.

Morgus

when i get the match page i automatically join the server, how can i prevent this from happening?

Skyride

DUCS

This story sounds pretty similiar to what went down with Pixel Pickup (minus the bit about tf2 update). GPS are an awful company and honestly don’t deserve any of the TF2 community’s time or money.

Last edited by Skyride,

maidos

already ordered a dedicated server from ovh.. should be able to help out too.
i will talk to hiperz again and see if we can reach some agreement by sponsoring us more servers

Last edited by maidos,

huhystah

Quoted from Skyride

This story sounds pretty similiar to what went down with Pixel Pickup (minus the bit about tf2 update). GPS are an awful company and honestly don’t deserve any of the TF2 community’s time or money.

Just woke up and yup, what skyride said. Really disappointing.

CHERRY

Last edited by CHERRY,

avizeke

hey all.

first of all, when we had the agreement with tf2pickup it was with another owner, called craftz, and that was who our agreement was with, which we was happy to work with. Due to some unforeseeable circumstances that then changed to LaMqTa. Naturally we would close the agreement as it was only on a trial basis, but we kept it up and active and even gave out more resources at LaMqTa’s request.

Communication is key when keeping and improving the agreements that are in place, even though tf2pickup was one of the smaller partnered agreements we had in place we attended quickly when LaMqTa responded, It took LaMqTa a few weeks to keep to adhere to the agreement and suspension of services before he then even reacted, and that was in a trial basis.

The final aspect in the agreement was that only one hosting provider can be used, and before we made the agreement that was in place where it was just us.

Most creative projects last for a few months until its passed on to someone else. which is why they don’t become a success because there is no consistency. a business providing an agreement to a non profit organisation is a privilege one aspect many individuals take for granted.

i do wish you all the best with tf2pickup, i do see potential in the project and with the right kind of work and people on board, it will do great.

Kaneco

Quoted from Skyride

I don’t understand how you can blame GPS on this… You have to see this from a business perspective, if they are sponsoring a project it’s obvious what their intent is and it should also be obvious that they want to be the sole sponsor of the project to get more exposure. If there was no communication from lamqta warning about the possible change or trying other server providers it’s completely fair that they stop sponsoring the site.

The cause here was probably miscommunication. Can’t blame GPS, thanks for the time and resources you lent to this project, which surely helped to improve it! Best regards!

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Absolutely unfair to place any blame upon GPS. So maybe their servers aren’t the best but you are acting totally ungrateful for a company’s sponsorship of your amateurly run site. Communication is key and it seems that you totally don’t understand how to manage a sponsorship properly.

LaMqTa

fenneks

Hello people! Please do not blame gps.com or anyone else…the key mistake was mine…but its in the past..new things are going to happen soon…please be patient. Thanks for understanding. :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 54 55 56 ... 84 Next »