Forum

Attention - Competitive Players Pickup Invitations

Created 7th November 2012 @ 13:14

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 14 Next »

Pennyfarming

omg really the only reason its div 2+ is cus its a cirkle jerk

div 3 and below are just as good they just havnt been given a chance yet to prove themselves and u guys r so scared that u wont even l;et them play in caSE U get beat srsly get over yourselves [you little small minded euroepans, you see thats why i cant stand the european community myself too insulated and tiny maybe you europeans sjoudld follow the example of us British people im glad we never joined the euro seriously i bet you guys act like this in real lifer too exclude everyone and stuff and it really does bring down the community io swear if only you guys could just be more like the americans and try and invovle everyone then im sur eeuro TF” would be goiod aas AAmerica but then we gota make sure that we dont get too involved in DM like them though cus focusing on DM in TF2 is a pretty bad iway to go for this game imo cus then it just becomes a no brain dm **** fest which is boring i want TF2 to remain the slow tactical stalemate its always been

-Penny

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from kaidus

I’d agree, but the open systems are even less active than the invite.

Because people are not encouraged to add. There’s always people dicking around, not comming, or constantly crashing/disconnecting in pixelpug. Adding to pixel a lot of the time means: wait 15min to finally get 12 on the server, then have someone disconnecting within the first 5 minutes of the game, then ending up to play 5v5 (if the enemy team is courteous) for 75% of the game. With only half of your team using their mic.

Like Slin emphasized again, a captain system automatically fixes most of these problems. And we had this exact discussion a while ago. Skyride is working on it, guess we just need to be patient. And concerning “serious” high tier pickups, it all depends on if we have enough people that want to tryhard and keen it up in a pickup. I guess pu2 should be taken more seriously and people should be reported more for bad play. Late night doublemixes might be a better place to play a tad less serious?

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

nvm

caeli

#T4F

Why don’t we make a fusion?

I mean, between IDK/Newbie Mixes and #pixel.pickup.
There is a lot of games per day in Newbie Mixes, the level would decrease, it’s true, but we could fill #pixel.pickup instantly and even better, having more games running at the same time.

And imo, it’s easier to type in IRC !sc !sol !med than going to a steam community group and type Scout, Soldier etc.

Just, let them play without Auth.
Also, the maps in normal pickup should be like in pickup2, a random one, not voting for them. So we could play in turbine, process and other maps.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from caeli

Why don’t we make a fusion?

I mean, between IDK/Newbie Mixes and #pixel.pickup.
There is a lot of games per day in Newbie Mixes, the level would decrease, it’s true, but we could fill #pixel.pickup instantly and even better, having more games running at the same time.

And imo, it’s easier to type in IRC !sc !sol !med than going to a steam community group and type Scout, Soldier etc.

Also, the maps in normal pickup should be like in pickup2, a random one, not voting for them. So we could play in turbine, process and other maps.

Pixel pickup is already open to everyone. Apparently IRC is difficult for young people :(

Croce

Quoted from caeli

cut

good idea, but it it so hard to get a quakenet account?
only 1 min to register yourself, just spam the way you have to do it on newbye mix group

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

It’s not about difficulty it’s about the entry barrier itself. For some people it might seem strange and cumbersome to download an entire new program just to play a game they can already play without that program.

This might seem weird to people who are used to being on IRC as long as they can remember but blablablablabla, again, we had this exact discussion a while ago and Skyride is on it, all these suggestions and comments have been made already and are redundant. If you want to be productive at this point you’re gonna have to help coding the new bot or design the website kkthxbye

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from caeli

gl banning people who dickaround then =]

caeli

#T4F

I know it Spike, but I think most of them don’t know the existence of the pickup channel, and they don’t even have to download IRC, just use webchat quakenet. You would have just to talk with newbie mixes organizers to change the system to add up to pickup.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from skeej

It’s not about difficulty it’s about the entry barrier itself. For some people it might seem strange and cumbersome to download an entire new program just to play a game they can already play without that program.

http://webchat.quakenet.org/

Croce

Quoted from skeej

cut

i didn’t know this, sry for my redundant reply

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

http://webchat.quakenet.org/

Quoted from skeej

but blablablablabla, again, we had this exact discussion a while ago and Skyride is on it, all these suggestions and comments have been made already and are redundant. If you want to be productive at this point you’re gonna have to help coding the new bot or design the website kkthxbye

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from Pennyfarming

omg really the only reason its div 2+ is cus its a cirkle jerk

div 3 and below are just as good they just havnt been given a chance yet to prove themselves and u guys r so scared that u wont even l;et them play in caSE U get beat srsly get over yourselves [you little small minded euroepans, you see thats why i cant stand the european community myself too insulated and tiny maybe you europeans sjoudld follow the example of us British people im glad we never joined the euro seriously i bet you guys act like this in real lifer too exclude everyone and stuff and it really does bring down the community io swear if only you guys could just be more like the americans and try and invovle everyone then im sur eeuro TF” would be goiod aas AAmerica but then we gota make sure that we dont get too involved in DM like them though cus focusing on DM in TF2 is a pretty bad iway to go for this game imo cus then it just becomes a no brain dm **** fest which is boring i want TF2 to remain the slow tactical stalemate its always been

-Penny

i often agree with your statements but your first one sounds really bitter, so i offer u the opportunity to get yourself a div 3 team and pcw cc maybe that will show u that there are differences between div 3 and prem

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

ps feel free to get 6 div3 mge superstars

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

We’ll play you when we can be arsed again to play Penny. Lets see how big the difference is between div2 and div 3 mge superheroes.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 14 Next »