Forum

i-series MULTIPLAY i36 !!!

Created 9th February 2009 @ 12:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

pukz

Hi guys,

I know this has been done on the multiplay forums before but I wanted to get a fresh number of teams that would be willing to attend i36 if there was a decent* prize pot…

Now TF2 is gonna be a Premiership UKesa Game with media coverage and we have clearly shown that if we are not the biggest gaming community we are certainly the best organised.

Obviously my team Nervous will always attend i-series because we LOVE IT :), but apart from the $$ I just wanna see a decent tournament at the UK’s biggest LAN.

Anyway please reply if you would be interested if say there was a confirmed 5K pot and maybe we can show multiplay they should work harder on getting support for a game that should clearly be apart of the e-sports future.

i36 will be held at stoneley park Coventry UK, april 10th-13th (Easter)

peace.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Pff as long as you dont try to sneak in mine and loftys tents again you dirty boy pukz :p.
Im 90% going, just trying to get a team together at the moment as its not really fun unless you’re in a tourny(of some form) and have many peeps to drink with at 2am in your tent! Just trying to convince lofty and spence to confirm atm!

To anyone whos unsure weather or not to come i really recomend that they do, i went to my first iseries in august and it was really wicked! Theres alot to do, and nothing beats getting a last second cap to tie your match into overtime and actually being able to high five your mates for real ^_^

pukz

that actually happend! ask Wlv lol :p

Slick

Epsilon

arrghhh date is just when i come back from vacation :o depends how much missus sucks from my wallet :(

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Haha yep when we capped that against TLR i could have anally penetrated bedsock with pure semeny joy!

Anderson

TEZC
TEZC

what is this Wlv you speak of? He is not man, nor beast! Last time i saw this creature…it was wearing a Banana for clothing…what has been seen, cannot be unseen.

I’ll be there, with hopefully 1 or 3 mafia. Maybe we should all try and get sat *near* eachother for a big TF2 orgy? :o

Waebi

‹Con›

easyjet ticket = ~150£
ticket for lan = 80£
Travel from London -> Coventry = ~Free

Not including food and accommodation.

GAWD.

pukz

seems that it can be expensive for some countries, maybe the euro will help for some but not others :(

regardless i need MGO’s to show there interest on this post aswell as individual players to show that all we need is some cash!!!

:)

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

easyjet ticket = ~150£
ticket for lan = 80£
Travel from London -> Coventry = ~Free

– Meeting Michael “Tapley” Tapley in real life = Priceless.

Darn

rockit like

with decent prizepot im sure 4K would be there.

Anderson

TEZC
TEZC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=372Ah0Z_L1w

Now that tf2 has got a reputation for a community pulling the game through the esports scene, rather than killing it, it would be nice to see some of the corp types coughing up some dosh for the game that we have all paid good money for!

As a collective, we’ve done valve a big help by bringing this game to light in the UKESA scene, it would only seem fit now that valve repay us. Although i highly doubt they will as i remember reading somewhere once that valve would not support competitions.

Getting on EA’s back would also be a problem, as they are only a distribution for the console sector, i wouldnt suspect them willingly dish out some dough for a game that they dont even have an distribution rights to.

Multiplay have in the past offered a cash prize, but with the tiered prizepool, alot of teams were reluctant to turn up, becuase of fear of the tournamnet being enetered into the bottom section. As a result, top cashprize at i35 was £200(1st), £100(2nd), £50(3rd).

Maybe its time to look outside the box and start sending some community emails to other areas such as computing websites/review sites. Given the current economical climate though, i cant see many companies wanting a piece of the tf2 pie.

Waebi

‹Con›

:( I wish I had teh monies.

N/A

RaWr ::

I am going. Anderson = YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

byte

For those that wish for Joske to get bitch slapped at LAN, pm me and i’ll make sure Xman gives him a few :D

I’ll be there hopefully : >

Cheers

Byte

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

if i’m teamed or anyone needs a merc i’ll be there :]

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »