Forum

UKeSA Championship Signups - EXPLAINED

Created 30th January 2009 @ 10:35

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

dunc

infs
dp.

Taken from my own post at Northwave Gaming.

GOOD MORNING LADIES AND GENTLEBERRIES!

I thought I’d make a post to clear some things up with regards to the UKeSA championship signups.

– Sign-ups for the Championship tournament close on February 2nd. That’s THREE DAYS TIME. We need your team to sign up NOW.

– You have probably already signed up to the Open Tournament, but we need an ADDITIONAL sign-up to the Championship Tournament. The sign-up link is at the bottom of this page.

– Teams WILL have to pay £7.50 per player if they want to play in the championship, but you don’t pay until after the 6th February.

– If enough teams sign up to play in the championship, TF2 will be awarded “Premiership” status. There isn’t a set number of sign-ups required, we’re competing against the other top teams and at the moment we’re 15 behind.

– You don’t pay to enter the Premiership, you pay to enter the Championship.

– The top six European teams, decided by a panel of TF2 analysts, will be put in to the Premiership division.

It is unconfirmed by UKeSA whether or not there will be hardware or cash prizes in the Championship but there are rumours that there will be some kind of prize. At the very least, there will be LAN finals and media coverage.

– It has been CONFIRMED that there will be cash prizes for the Championship division. Bearing in mind that if TF2 gets to Premiership, the top 6 teams won’t be competing in the Championship and you’ll realise YOUR team has a chance to win that money!

– If TF2 reaches the Premiership, the number of MGOs and new players entering the scene will be potentially massive.

Getting TF2 in to the Premiership could be the biggest thing that has ever happened to the game.

Do you want to see the likes of Dignitas and fnatic involved with TF2? If so, this is the only way it will ever happen.

Please, I urge you, sign your team up. £7.50 per player isn’t a huge amount to spend to boost the TF2 community.

agron

Relic

*applause*

hear hear.

mihalch

[LOL]
[LOL]

I was always wonder, why the fuck should we pay money for tournament with so rich sponsors? Never got that in good way.

dunc

infs
dp.

This is business, Mihalch. These companies aren’t here to provide us with a service free of charge for the gaming community.. they’re here to make money :)

cubeth

rda

Atm we have 19 signups

our rivals have:

cod4 – 39
css – 39
cs 1.6 – 29
halo3 (xbox) – 14
cod4 (xbox) – 13
dods – 5
fifa09 (xbox) 26 (players)
fifa09 (ps) – 14 (players)

respectively

sign up asap please, we’re way behind, and i doubt they will pick from pc games only

mihalch

[LOL]
[LOL]

well. so i wont be another free advertise to someones business.

dunc

infs
dp.

How is it free advertisement? Did you actually read any of my post? If you pay to enter the Championship, the winners take home a nice cash prize. I’m not sure how much it will be, but I can fucking guarantee it’ll be more than the money you paid to enter :p

mihalch

[LOL]
[LOL]

Ohh yes.. its not free ) missreaded that.

Anyway – this tournamnets should be supported, as everything on tf2 scene o/ cheers.

cubeth

rda

well obviously its your choice mihalch but if you do not wish to pay because it’s just donating UKeSA or Mick, then just feel free to stay and play in open division, still good for tf2

mihalch

[LOL]
[LOL]

Whole post was about money and prizes ) Sure we can join those competitions.. My question is about how the things should go. Take a look here, around ) Isn`t it great?

byte

Aren’t you meant to be a league admin ? :S

Well said Dunc : > Sign up pplzzzz

Cheers

Byte

Well, LOL would not play nor in paid div, nor in open one at least for now due to the following:
1) I can not understand why team should have UK based manager. This is totally obscure for me.
2) I’m not willing to transfer rights for LOL’s intellectual property to anyone.
3) Paypal is not an option for us. (This is minor problem)
4) Can not get the full picture of how the things will go. I do think they need to post complete (and final, ok, at least beta) regulations on their site.

I personally don’t care nor about the registration fee, neither about the prize. But right now it looks like just another UK league.

mihalch

[LOL]
[LOL]

I am Byte, may i have personal opinion?

dunc

infs
dp.

The reasoning behind requiring a UK manager is that the UKeSA is a United Kingdom government-funded organisation. They are paid, by the UK government, to encourage the UK eSports scene.

Can we please NOT turn this in to a “OMG UK ONLY FUCK THAT” race war? It’s fucking pointless. The ONLY aim in supporting this league is to better TF2’s coverage and improve the game as an eSport. It has immense potential but we’re constantly undermined by the presence of games like CS and CoD4. We’re so much better than CoD4 etc but at times the community just doesn’t support the game as well as it should.

Come on, please :)

shifty

Sir

I’ll have a chat with Mole tonight if he’s around.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »