Forum

UKeSA Championship Signups - EXPLAINED

Created 30th January 2009 @ 10:35

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

pukz

I agree with byte & dunc.

Why is a ETF2L Admin agrueing against the best thing that has ever happend for TF2 on the ETF2l Forum?????

Yes it is a UK league! NOT the point! simple fact.. SIGN UP and boost TF2 for years to come, If you cant sign up/ cant afford to just don’t.

But please stop putting other teams off, this is not helping the community in any way!!

Bury

the government funds ukesa? huge lol

rage

i would expect the teams from the top 2 divisions of etf2l to sign up for the UKesA championship minimum

this is the level that your team should be aiming at – think about it, they are classing you as semi-pro gamers if you reach that level

that would = 30 teams give or take

if rosters are completed and guid’s entered and evidence of Uk management available by 2nd we will have an excellent chance of making premier status – i don’t think the CS1.6 community has as much to offer as TF2 and I don’t think they are as organised

You can do this, and for only £7.49 per person – I don’t understand what is stopping people

Funkeh

DStM

It sounds to me as though of those 30 teams, at the very least 20 of those would simply be there to fund the top prize winners – that is why, of the people backing this Championship tourney, it is TCM, wotr, Ubersexuals and /v

See, you guys are eager to do this as you have a good chance of winning, not many others do ;)

The rest of us can enjoy the open competition :)

Darn

rockit like

we aint doing this of chance of winning, but the chance to get into premiership division.
You wont have uber/tcm etc in championship division.

Wlv

RaWr ::

The championship is likely to contain div2 teams and below, we all know how close div3 and div2 are, anyone from these divisions have a high chance of winning monies.

To the div2 and div3 players whining about the entrance fee, in say 6 months time there’s a chance you will be in div1 wondering why there are no decent competitions with prizes to reward you for the time you and your team put in to the game – when you do – it’s YOUR fault.

Funkeh

DStM

lol fair play

rage

why would you just be happy with the open division, when you could be in the championship, getting better experience but playing against better teams, maybe a little bit of media coverage and sponsorship interest and a shot at a decent prize pot

think about this also – as many have said already

the more div 2 teams and below that sign up for championship, the more likely it is that the top 6 teams will be promoted to a premier division, making it easier in theory for the div 2 teams and below to flourish in the championship and have a guaranteed chance of promotion to the premier at the end of season 1

do we want to be in a position where in 6 months time we are moaning on this forum about how tf2 isn’t supported like it should be, how lan prize funds are non existant, sponsors are not interested etc etc

we have got a decent opportunity here lets not waste it

rage

fuck it – i’ll be first

if any team wants to really compete in championship but is struggling for whatever reason, UK manager, fees whatever

give me a shout – for the sake of a few £

#nervous.tf2 – nervous|rage

nothing worth having ever comes easy

daf

yoyotech
Hey dats!

It’s more about supporting and bringing the TF2 community to the next level than about the prize money. This is a HUGE event and we have the opportunity to advertise TF2 on an international level.

Clans who say “we have no chance of winning so there’s no point” are thinking about it from the wrong perspective. Id be happy to play 7 fucking 50 to support the cause of a game that I have played for over 30 hours a week for a year. If you can’t afford it then fair enough but don’t belittle the reasoning behind the funding. It’s not about the prizemoney, its about the exposure.

Do you intend to play this game for a while in the future? Imagine how many players and orgs will be attracted to this game if they see it in the Premiership. It will show that we have a really active, dedicated community who love the game.

It’s about investing in the future of TF2, not your own pockets.

mihalch

[LOL]
[LOL]

I`ve already answered pukz. This is mine point of view on this and only this competition. And more over – I`ve already told you: that anyway any sponsored (one way or another) tf2 tournaments is good for the whole tf2 scene.
I have everything here to get answer for my question.

dronos

EE /

dunc, you are so funny <3

but the funniest – orgs of UKesa :)))
anyway i can teach em how to build more profit and productive business
PYRAMID ftw!

cheeeers

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Maybe we should create a big pot where you can donate extra monies for the doubting teams.
I’d give an extra twenty bills to see TF2 in the Prem :)

hording

okejra

Such an easy chance for TF2 to become really big, it’s £7.50, one pizza. Who cares about the price cash anyway, it’s just a bonus, but all the attention TF2 will have.. would be _awesome_.

Don’t be lazy now guys, every team is important. (Atleast div2,3 teams should sign up:/)

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Let’s make a community effort and get this done.

Every div 1, 2, and high 3 team should join. Yes, it’s galling to pay £7.50 per player for an online tournament, but you’re investing in the future of the game you love. And if enough of us pay it means that you might have a chance of winning back that money with the top div 1 teams competing seperately in the Premiership!

I’d encourage all teams, regardless of division, to sign up if you’re interested in improving not only your team but the TF2 scene as a whole.

So yeah, let’s get this done. Get your team signed up today and pester two other teams in your division. If anyone needs any assistance with anything, or a UK manager, just message me. :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »