WLL

Quoted from randa

QQ idiot.

No party in the famous ESL forum?

TucE

tR67
KUKKO!

Quoted from Defur

Are there more teams signed up for this season than the last?

Season 6: 64 teams
Season 7: 89 teams signed up at the moment.

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Quoted from TucE

[…]Season 6: 64 teams
Season 7: 89 teams signed up at the moment.

http://www.esl.eu/eu/tf2/6on6/league/season6/rankings/

Something like 112 teams signed up to season 6 initially.

TucE

tR67
KUKKO!

Quoted from Crasp

[…]

http://www.esl.eu/eu/tf2/6on6/league/season6/rankings/

Something like 112 teams signed up to season 6 initially.

Oh, i took that from http://www.esl.eu/eu/tf2/6on6/league/season6/database/members/ It doesn’t seem to list folded teams so you are right.

Last edited by TucE,

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Quoted from TucE

[…]Oh, i took that from http://www.esl.eu/eu/tf2/6on6/league/season6/database/members/ It doesn’t seem to list folded teams so you are right.

Yeah I think 64 is the number of teams still technically in season 6 today. Teams had dropped before the playoffs started (around 40 dropped I think), then more during/after the playoffs.

Last edited by Crasp,

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Quoted from kaidus

More importantly though, I’d like to see ETF2L advertising other leagues on their news page. I know there’s probably too much ego in the admin team for this to happen after the big arguments etc, but since ETF2L’s made it very obvious they are a community driven league it only makes sense to cater to the wider community.

Ya man ETF2L have never lived up to their potential as a community hub, despite having the largest user base.

On topic, of course ESL will have to advertise their league here…

ETF2L _is_ European TF2.

ESL may never replace ETF2L as a first port of call for the competitive community, but it doesn’t have to be an us or them mentality.

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

TBH I think the way that prem teams left etf2l and now are championing it has actually hurt ESL more than it has helped it.

It now looks elitist, couple that with the fact that the website is not user-friendly and many people don’t like AC clients then this is the result.

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

I would consider this thread to be an advertisement for ESL.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Admirable

ESL may never replace ETF2L as a first port of call for the competitive community, but it doesn’t have to be an us or them mentality.

http://i.imgur.com/lgrFC.png

Dummy

Quoted from CrashSite

TBH I think the way that prem teams left etf2l and now are championing it has actually hurt ESL more than it has helped it.

It now looks elitist, couple that with the fact that the website is not user-friendly and many people don’t like AC clients then this is the result.

… result being?

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

Quoted from Dummy

[…]
… result being?

The result is that no one joins ESL. It has lead many to believe that everyone in Prem thinks no one else matters because they are ‘shitters’, and so are elitist pricks. This caused the ‘us and them’ mentality mentioned above.

As tf2 is a small community to begin with, there is even more reason not to split it. It may not be done on purpose but that is the result. I think that if we had better integration between the higher end and the lower end, through pickups, mentors etc etc, then many more people would support Vanilla/ESL.

There is also the issue from both low and high divs that they refuse to take part in helping tf2 grow. Bill just quit the admin team, reducing the number of High div ppl in there. Until very recently there was only one Cadred writer and the moment Gonzo said anything negative about the scene there was an explosion of rage that was very similar to that caused America to partake in isolationism. This is a result of what someone (sorry forgot who) called ‘small game syndrome’ which I liked as a phrase, and it sums up TF2 pretty well. We need to promote TF2 to other e-sports and to the pubbers, I have many ideas how to help this, but not the time.

So if you really want to help TF2, play in all leagues, get to know everyone and promote the game both internally and externally. Contact Valve to help, write letters, articles, make cool community events. Participate and force your teammates to as well.

Last edited by CrashSite,

baerbel

trick17
trick17

or you can realise that this game is 4 year old and will never be big unlike other games who get shit ton of money to promote it ( see LoL or sc2)

CrashSite

RIPMOULD

I agree to a certain extent, that it will never be huge, but this does not mean you should not try and get as many people as possible interested, nor does it mean that people shouldn’t promote the game and get some new people in.

Between that attitude and one of apathy it is why this game doesn’t grow as fast as it could. Considering that all the Prem players talk about promoting/help grow TF2, it seems like they go about it wrong.

kuma

Quoted from baerbel

or you can realise that this game is 4 year old and will never be big unlike other games who get shit ton of money to promote it ( see LoL or sc2)

BW is 10 years old, still has the most prize money and pro scene out of any game.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 10 Next »