Forum

ESH do the €1000 Rush Poker Challenge boogie

Created 1st March 2011 @ 19:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Andee

Don’t see the problem. I even think it’s the future of sponsored gaming. I mean, they gain the ability to reach out to dozens of websites, they usually wouldn’t be advertising on. That means alot more exposure then advertising on just one page. That means it will become more lucrative to start sponsoring competitive gaming. Thus more prize money and sponsorships.

It only requires a single banner in a newspost. Not that big of a request, imo.

You’re forgetting that most MGOs will not allow such things.

M0re

good chance to some lower teams battle in this tournament and make some cash.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Don’t see the problem there, since it’s only a newspost and not a permanent banner or advertisement. But you’re right I don’t know if a MGO will allow that.

droso

o/

Quoted from octochris

[…]

As far as i know, Crack Clan won’t allow it. :/

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Would be nice if they actually let me sign my team up so I can get humped in the first round.

ESH website is pretty crap.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

IMO it’s a retarded thing to ask for. For the majority of teams entering there will probably be no issues regarding submitting things but a lot of teams also have the issue of do they really want to be supporting gambling? A reputable organisation has to think thoroughly (maybe even legally at times?) about putting out a potential sponsorship message for anything, let alone something such as gambling (which can be very addictive to the wrong people).

I think Fakkelbrigade’s response on their website is the best: http://fakkelbrigade.eu/archives/2421/and-now-a-message-from-our-corporate-overlord

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

I don’t think big names like TCM and Dignitas would put stuff like this on their website :S

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

I partially agree.
First thing: If you don’t want to support gambling, you shouldn’t be joining in the first place, regardless of the sponsor text thing. The entire tournament is one big gambling advertisement.

This is just a more explicit way of doing what you already would be doing implicitly.(= advertising online poker).

The sponsor (in this case Full Tilt) use this as an investment. They give money and get attention. With this trick, they get more attention, and they give more money.

You’re part of advertising and supporting the sponsor anyway, with every cup. If you don’t want that, for whatever reason, you should indeed not join that tournament. It’s no free lunch.

Having said that, I do think this is a bit silly. I don’t think I would be really comfortable with putting sponsor messages on my team website, even besides the fact that online poker is illegal here.

Last edited by DeNeusbeer,

Martn

Quoted from Koeitje

I don’t think big names like TCM and Dignitas would put stuff like this on their website :S

just bury the message somewhere deep within the site no people visit if you dont want to kake unwanted publicity for a league sponser.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Well, I guess the top players should just make a mix team then without a website :+

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I think it is time Fleshlight sponsored a TF2 tournament.

droso

o/

Quoted from DeNeusbeer

I partially agree.
First thing: If you don’t want to support gambling, you shouldn’t be joining in the first place, regardless of the sponsor text thing. The entire tournament is one big gambling advertisement.

This is just a more explicit way of doing what you already would be doing implicitly.(= advertising online poker).

The sponsor (in this case Full Tilt) use this as an investment. They give money and get attention. With this trick, they get more attention, and they give more money.

You’re part of advertising and supporting the sponsor anyway, with every cup. If you don’t want that, for whatever reason, you should indeed not join that tournament. It’s no free lunch.

Having said that, I do think this is a bit silly. I don’t think I would be really comfortable with putting sponsor messages on my team website, even besides the fact that online poker is illegal here.

Without that rule, the tournament would have probably been filled up.
Now, I highly doubt you’ll even get 32 teams to sign up, hence losing much exposure.

That’s a dumb move from Full Tilt Poker overall.

Last edited by droso,

rtan

-9w-

Quoted from Hildreth

I think it is time Fleshlight sponsored a TF2 tournament.

watch this space

kaidus

WiK?

How many teams are signed up (including those who havent done the website thing yet)?

Crasp

(Legend)
BACΩN |
бекон

Quoted from kaidus

How many teams are signed up (including those who havent done the website thing yet)?

27 approved, 24 unapproved.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »