Forum

#pixeltf2.pickup

Created 19th July 2010 @ 19:18

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 29 Next »

kuma

Quoted from .____________.

Ani, i don’t care, hence why i don’t play pixel pickups. I’m just making a point, it’s rude whether or not F2 cares.

edit: And it wasn’t about making a bot that looked like the mpuk one, it was the direct copying of certain commands without permission. Don’t misunderstand what i’m trying to say here :P

most of those commands i remember from way back when with cs.gather etc more than 8 years ago, so it’s not like f2 was the first to use these even.

you can’t even claim ownership of commonly used words such as “add”, so i don’t see the point to this argument at all.

Last edited by kuma,

hykleri

illi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeHUQAnzpF0

Sorry, i had to… :<

Waebi

‹Con›

snap.

kuma

Quoted from octochris

you can’t steal ideas.

yes you can

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HilwtqaN4Gs

Last edited by kuma,

AnimaL

tbfh, id be frustrated if adam made the bot using yank commands like !remove

randa

They are commands found in every gather/pickup channel get a grip illi rofl.

flushy

P.O.P

Quoted from randa

otherwise how would one add

kuma

way back in one cs channel you had to use !addme, !add was only added in like a year later. can’t remember which one it was now

crzfst

Quoted from hykleri

illi http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeHUQAnzpF0

Sorry, i had to… :<

Too bad she’s already playing from kitchen, but yeah, STAY IN THE KITCHEN.

.____________.

Quoted from randa

Randa, please stop being an idiot and come back when you actually know what pickup2 looks like. It’s not about basic commands, more like stuff like the !friend only as medic command.

AnimaL

adam when u make !friend, rename it to !buddy pls so illii stops whinin

kuma

it wouldn’t make sense to add it in for other classes because then three people could stack a six man team.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from .____________.

more like stuff like the !friend only as medic command.

You mean !friend for medic which I haven’t actually added yet and am only going to do so after it being suggested several times by other people?

illii, The entire history of computers revolves around people borrowing other peoples ideas and making them better. The very computer you’re typing this on wouldn’t exist if some very smart bunch from a company called Compaq hadn’t perfectly copied the original design of how a PC should work from IBM.

Last edited by Skyride,

.____________.

Quoted from Skyride

[…]

You mean !friend for medic which I haven’t actually added yet and am only going to do so after it being suggested several times by other people?

Saw it in your list of commands, my bad.

Vali

-9w-

I’m fairly sure the issue here is not with obvious commands like !add but more ones more specific to just the p2 bot, such as implementing friends for the medics that obviously wouldn’t have been found in other bots.

The actual issue is not even with implementing the idea, because obviously nobody owns any sort of copyright on these features and good ideas tend to get adopted by other people. Rather it’s the manner in which adam is going about getting them which is, as illii pointed out, sitting in p2 and copying stuff from f2’s bot. If he had asked f2, either f2 would’ve been happy to help him or I’m sure he would’ve made it clear that copying stuff from his bot was something that bothered him and adam would’ve known not to do it.

Is there any harm in being polite and asking?

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15 ... 29 Next »