Created 19th July 2010 @ 19:18

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 29 Next »

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

How Skyride created the pickupbot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYaC763UcPc

davesan

epx^
Panda

there was a shit load of pickup bots made waaaay before f2s ;) gather network for example has been about since cs 1.2

.____________.

Quoted from Skyride

Well illii I’ve never even spoke to him about it. But to be fair, the concept of a pickup bot was hardly original to begin with. :P

Well i’m not saying F2 invented the pickupbot, but lets be honest here Adam :P You blatantly copied the mpuktf2.pickup2 bot as much as you possibly could. Yes, your bot isn’t finished yet, but can you honestly say you magically thought of every command yourself? It includes EVERY command found in the mpuk one, each one identical to the ones in mpuk, and the fact that you’ve been sitting in pickup2 spamming it down with !last and every command to check how it works is just rude in my opinion if you haven’t actually asked F2 if he was ok with it. I’m just surprised he hasn’t ragekicked you from pickup2 yet with all your “!last” spamming and copypasting it into the wrong channel saying your pickup is more active :D

Last edited by .____________.,

octochris

(0v0)

you can’t steal ideas.

compton

cvx|

lol illii

AnimaL

why do u care so much if u dont play any of em

also, last time i talked to f2, he seemed like he wanted for mpuk to see its last day, when this or the new lobby comes up

so that might be why he doesnt give a sh… that somebody copies ideas, which, btw wasnt all f2. Many ppl added ideas to mpuk, f2 coded it, same as adams pu now.

Last edited by AnimaL,

Waebi

‹Con›

Quoted from octochris

you can’t steal ideas.

heey, i said that, that’s MY quote.

Skyride

DUCS

illii, I’ve made a lot of things similar to F2’s bot because it is just a fucking good bot, but really, its not “stealing”.

Think about, “hmm… if only i could think of some way to tell people how long it was since the last pickup started”. The reason I’ve used similar commands is just to keep it familiar so people don’t have to re-learn how to use it. Theres things in my bot that F2’s doesn’t do as aswell (for example: !setmessage/!delmessage and !rr).

Anyway, if F2 feels insulted at all that i’ve “stolen” his ideas then I totally apologise and he’s welcome to PM me about it. But as it stands, I’ve just started something that a lot of people wanted. F2 was never going to give his bot to anyone (and considering the amount of work thats went into it, I really don’t blame him), so I just wrote my own.

Last edited by Skyride,

kuma

really, ANY pickup bot is going to be similar in the way it works, it’s just inevitable. the difference between them and what really matters to the community is how they are run, not the code behind it.

.____________.

Ani, i don’t care, hence why i don’t play pixel pickups. I’m just making a point, it’s rude whether or not F2 cares.

edit: And it wasn’t about making a bot that looked like the mpuk one, it was the direct copying of certain commands without permission. Don’t misunderstand what i’m trying to say here :P

Last edited by .____________.,

Waebi

‹Con›

“permission”
i lold

Bastards stole the idea of creating irc bots.

.____________.

Quoted from dotfloat™

Bastards stole the idea of creating irc bots.

Congrats, you misunderstood.

Edd

T2P

tbh its between f2 and adam. I don’t see why it would effect anyone else..

Jamza

pixel.

It is a problem more to do with descriptive commands as well.

!invite USER is simple and easy to remember, whereas !bringpersonintochannel FROMUSER TOUSER isn’t.

illii, is your next complaint going to be about Windows and Ubuntu both having the ‘ping’ command?

Last edited by Jamza,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 29 Next »