Forum

League of Legends selected for WCG 2010

Created 5th July 2010 @ 17:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Kinyu

popkõrns

Ah bullocks, but the competitive scene of LoL is around the corner. You will need a team to play ranked matches & shit.

kolox

obs.

The game just doesn’t have the depth to be competitive, end of

Thalien

;?
¤_¤

Quoted from Squide

HoN is tbh a copy paste of DotA just with other names and some more heroes..
but LoL have done something new with it..

That is the point of both HoN and LoL, they are simply improvements of DotA in one way or another. The fact that HoN is basically a copy is irrelevant when comparing the two as competetive games. DotA worked, it’s a great game for a reason, it’s just that the engine is old and so it limits what can be done in patches. The HoN engine enables much more versatility in ways of changing gameplay and such.

The only real reason League of Legends is there is that the developer probably paid WCG a stupid amount of money so that they will play it. Same for all the mobile games which are a bunch of crap. It’s not like it really matters, HoN has a pretty decent tournament scene at the moment with decent prizes, I doubt this will affect HoN what so ever.

Psyche

blind…your video is made of epic pure gold.

kuma

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8-7YRaJwRc

you know a game is competitive when you have people like this

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Psyche

…LoL is so noob friendly that even a brain dead monkey can play it.

At last, a game for me!

RareSpycrab

Been playing it for most of the morning. I’ve enjoyed it even though i still havnt gotten my head around it.

mb

keso

Quoted from Psyche

Oh and.. HoN is only full of elitist pricks because most people don’t bother learning even the basics before deciding to fuck someone else’s games up.

There’s PRACTICE mode for some reason…they have a reason to be fucking pricks if a guy that never played goes into the game and does 0/17

Having someone that does not have even the SLIGHTEST clue of what to (call misses, denying, etc) is not enjoyable…brings the whole match to shit.

Fuck someone elses game up? Even if you join noob only games in HoN you see asshats who rage at you because you bought “the wrong item” (yes that actually happened) IT’S FUCKING PUBLIC. You don’t rage at someone on a tf2 pub when someone is bad. If you do… that’s just sad.

blind

popkõrns

someone being bad on tf2 pub doesn’t ruin an atleast 20minute game for you :p HoN, same as DoTA, will make people rage, that’s just how the game is, if you play it and never rage you might have down’s or something

mb

keso

Quoted from blind

someone being bad on tf2 pub doesn’t ruin an atleast 20minute game for you :p HoN, same as DoTA, will make people rage, that’s just how the game is, if you play it and never rage you might have down’s or something

Why the fuck do people play public then? You know what you’re getting yourself into. There is a big chance of there being a noob or some ass fucking it up for other people. There’s got to be a pickup or war channel for HoN right?

David

This is what frustrated me, the Noob skill needs to be a whole lot lower than what people think.

kuma

it’s nothing like what your used to unless you’ve played dota/hon before. every match is rated, even the pubs, and each game takes 20-60mins of your time. one baddie can ruin it for the other 9 people.

those new to hon need to stick to the games advertised as low rated, no stats at least until they can use one hero pretty well.

kolox

obs.

you just need to find an inhouse community, that made it a whole lot better for me.
The best part of HoN is the first few weeks, learning alongside other (friendly) people with one or two people who know what’s what and can help you. We played 3on3 for ages at the start just to learn how to play cause there were only 6 of us, and it was the best time i had in that game :)
Just don’t be calling things OP in that stage of the game, we thought accursed and swiftblade were OMG SO OP NURF NURF NURF but they really arent ;D

sickless

fnx.simrai

lol

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

This game makes me rage, not Heroes of Newerth. Fuck man what a shite.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »