Forum

Can Low skill teams actually beat High skill teams?

Created 16th March 2010 @ 04:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Monkeh

I’d love to get a semi regular match against some top teams, it would be great to have a look at the STV after each painful defeat and see where we can improve.

You’d learn a lot more as a div6 clan playing high div5/low div4 as a semi-regular match and playing teams that are around/slightly above your skill level for regular matches to improve. Stuff like the cups do give lower clans to face higher clans and it can be a really good experience, but honestly anything more outside of these cups would be a waste of time for both teams.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Vali

[…]

You’d learn a lot more as a div6 clan playing high div5/low div4 as a semi-regular match and playing teams that are around/slightly above your skill level for regular matches to improve. Stuff like the cups do give lower clans to face higher clans and it can be a really good experience, but honestly anything more outside of these cups would be a waste of time for both teams.

+1

You need to lose by a small margin. Something you can adapt to. Getting steamrolled adds nothing to your experience.

PharadoX

When luck is on your side, everything can happen.

But still its basically the win chances that differ.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

rawr (div3) managed some awsome results iirc beating many div1 teams.

They won by playing aggressive, four of them would just launch on the enemy with the pocket/medic following up behind. Like Skinnie said, worst thing a lower skilled team can do is play defensive, never works – gotta go all guns blazing on middle points as most teams can’t handle aggression.

Mole

DCSB
Hey dats!

It used to be more likely than it is today. But yes it does happen. I remember DCSB beating 4K (now Dignitas) in an official when the odds were heavily stacked against us, them on top of the game dominating and us a Div2 team. When you really get up for the game sometimes things just click for you and go in your favor with the teamwork and such.

These days its rarer though because teams don’t seem to want to lose. It used to be that teams stuck together more and permanently played opposition above them to improve and were happy to take 10-0 losses and up to try and learn which is how the top teams and players got to where they are. These days teams either fold or don’t want to play when the odds are against them, as proven with the ESH cup. Hence why the top teams/players stay more at the top while there is fewer up and coming.

Last edited by Mole,

Cobby

-9m-

I wonder if low skill teams can beat high skill teams at dodgeball?

Enef

fest
#wubafan

We tend to always play Div5 teams, just to learn more and improve. We much prefer a hard fought game to a roll. Obviously at higher levels it’s completely different, but we get good results i think. :)

MooBie

boX?2

boX? Squad 1 (Div5) beating team empathy (div2) at i38 to finish 3rd in the prize money tournament would be proof it can be done.
Yes they only had 3 of there normal lineup but we still had to beat them nonetheless. This is just an example of a weaker team beating a better team who did not field there strongest lineup.
(ps we actually won money due to beating them even tho multiplay havn’t payed up yet :p)

Last edited by MooBie,

kaidus

WiK?

It was admirable’s fault!

Sebb

IsF

Quoted from MooBie

boX? Squad 1 (Div5) beating team empathy (div2) at i38 to finish 3rd in the prize money tournament would be proof it can be done.
Yes they only had 3 of there normal lineup but we still had to beat them nonetheless. This is just an example of a weaker team beating a better team who did not field there strongest lineup.
(ps we actually won money due to beating them even tho multiplay havn’t payed up yet :p)

we got nearly beaten by your 2nd team on freight yesterday in that cup thing… 500€ price shit there…

and after that we had a very close game versus dignitas on gravelpit… (just fucking 20 seconds…)

everything is possiple with the right motivation.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

The only way a low skilled clan can beat a high skilled clan is map dependant tbh. granlands the out fragging team pretty much wins. However on gravelpit/payload maps then the lower skilled clans can win due to many reasons :).

http://etf2l.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/21.jpg

Fakkelbrigade 10 nil’ed! Simples

Lewbio

phew, glad I didnt get the blame there ¬_¬ Gravelpit… not my strongest map :<

Waster

Quoted from Tapley ❤

The only way a low skilled clan can beat a high skilled clan is map dependant tbh. granlands the out fragging team pretty much wins. However on gravelpit/payload maps then the lower skilled clans can win due to many reasons :).

FB was full of shitnerds then :p

It doesnt even has arie in his team <3

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

Quoted from Tapley ❤

hahahaha tapley, you didnt! That shit is as old as tf2, still has the german and demourge playin, very nais. GW wp back then……….. :D

ih

Glory Glory Man Uniiiiited!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »