Forum

Can Low skill teams actually beat High skill teams?

Created 16th March 2010 @ 04:45

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

Completely possible: http://etf2l.org/matches/17884/

:D

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Comparing Leeds to Division 5 isn’t really a great comparison. Compare them to a top Div3 team, then I think its possible ;) Obviously a team with alot of mentality and ambition would have a chance, atleast, better than a team who arent so optimistic!

AnroliF

We see sometimes a d3 team who beat a d1 team or a d4 who beat a d2.

So yeah, a low skill team can beat high skill teams but dont hope too much. Diggy vs a div6 team is like the real madrid against the team of my town ( about 3000 people).

Black_Bob

[DA]

Didnt box beat empathy at i38?

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Black_Bob

yup, I was just trying to find a video of it. :P

Well… it is possible, but the induvidual skill of the players makes a bit too big difference.

Edd

T2P

LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS

Cheez

Bit hard to compare it to football, seeing as teams like leeds are still professionals so they practice 5 times a week and play games every week. Where as most lower div teams just are playing the game for fun. A closer comparison would maybe be united v your local sunday league team.

wpminnows

[PG]

yeah

Quoted from Cheez

Bit hard to compare it to football, seeing as teams like leeds are still professionals so they practice 5 times a week and play games every week. Where as most lower div teams just are playing the game for fun. A closer comparison would maybe be united v your local sunday league team.

Mmh, not entirely true.. we’re a div6(L) clan and we play at least 15-20maps a week in pcw, and we certainly not play for just fun ;)
so i’m not saying we’re pro’s, but we do practise as many as them :)

Last edited by Johnny_Blaze666,

Sebb

IsF

Quoted from agron

It can happen.

Next time we will not fail the golden cap… revenge!!!!!

skinnie

TCM

agron such a meany :s

I think it can happen on maps like gravelpit, the higher skilled team will sometimes change their setup and do some random stuff. Problem is though most of the times the lower skilled teams have too much respect and play too defensive (à la TCM I guess .. ?)

Can’t see it happening on a 30min cp5 map tho.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

I’d love to get a semi regular match against some top teams, it would be great to have a look at the STV after each painful defeat and see where we can improve.

Problem is the top teams probably have enough matches to organize and schedule anyway so I don’t s’pose it could ever happen regularly, plus the fact they wouldn’t get ANYTHING out of it, so where would the motivation for them come from.

We played Special Attack in the cup, (well, I say ‘played’!), and we learned a few things during our schooling, we never would have won a round, but it was still useful for us. They just got bored for 20 minutes though I would think.

Last edited by Monkeh,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Black_Bob

Since when is empathy high skill :DDDDDDDD

And O yes. Everybody can beat us on a shit map on a shit day. Gravelpit and especially turbine are so horrible.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Quoted from Edd

LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS

FU FU FU FUUUUUUUU

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »