Forum

skill

Created 24th March 2009 @ 12:31

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

g0d

After playing against alot of teams recently, there is, as usually alot of misput skill going on in the playground. as in div2 teams saying there mid and div4/5 teams saying they are mid as well. Rather then saying your skill try to start with your actuall division and if you are really certain you deserve a higher skill don’t ragequit after playing an actual mid skilled team. Wich creates frustration and makes teams fold.

I’m not starting a discussion and I know this has been said before but I’m just saying it again for the “newer” people around before they go out in the tf.war channel and start stating that they are a certain skill.

Div 6 = Total and utter failure/ teh new guys to the scene who will maybe learn some day and thus low – and below
Div 5 = low-/low
div4 =low / low+
div3 = low+ /mid
div2 = mid/ mid+
div1 = high- / high.

Wiiking

dump the skil lvl system and say what div they are going to play next season and there goals for the comming 1-2 seasons are

N/A

RaWr ::

Depends, the top players are WAY ahead of people who claim to be mid+.

Wlv

RaWr ::

I do agree wgen you say people don’t give accurate ratings. We (tension) search for mid right now, until we’re settled and the amount of different levels you end up facing is strange. We played SpA last night who are div4 but they were much much better than the low+ rating you’d give them using division ratings. We then played k0 (div4) who were no where near as good…

g0d

exactly why I said if you are really sure of your skill level… use the one you think you have and same deal dude… we played k0 wich where not really what we’d expected them to be after they claimed to be mid. I’m just suggesting to those teams who dunno what to put there skill level at to use that “rating” system untill they figure out what they really are, AND / OR use there divisions to rate themselves on war channels so nobody gets to big of a dissapointments.

xzr

The top teams in their division in many cases would place around mid-tier in the division one step above :). For what I’ve seen atleast.

I’d like to see the match searching turn into a “by-division” basis tho.

xxx : 6on6 pcw now | div3 high | server on

for example :p

Anderson

TEZC
TEZC

i have to agree, the “mid” skill range can cover a large skill base in tf2.

Even when you consider the divisons currently, there is still some divisional overlap especially between div 2/3/4.

From experience, we try to play teams we feel we can compete against, and not teams that we will get sat down by or teams that we will dish out a hammering too.

Closer skilled games often reveal the most benefits in terms of problem areas and weaknesses.

Maybe there should be an invite channel for teams that div 2/3/4 teams feel are within the same skill area?

Clarity

xxx : 6on6 pcw now | div3 high | server on

agree!

kEvNx

.#mtf

“Div 6 = Total and utter failure/ teh new guys to the scene who will maybe learn some day and thus low – and below
Div 5 = low-/low
div4 =low / low+
div3 = low+ /mid
div2 = mid/ mid+
div1 = high- / high.”

Omfg..

Div 6 = FUN FUN FUN / new teams
Div 5 = low
div4 = low+/mid
div3 = mid
div2 = mid/ mid+
div1 = high

btw mid- << so useless omfg.

Norrland3000

I also agree on the “xxx” thingy…;)

skinnie

TCM

someone should make a chart or something (like this: http://www.dft.gov.uk/pgr/roadsafety/laguidance/coll_roadsafetygoodpracticeguide/dft_rdsafety_504564-6.gif)

with all kinds of questions like did u play in div2 before -> yes/no -> follow that arrow etc
or are u israelian -> leads u to a lower skillevel

Grem

rEJ
TG

Going by divisions can be helpful, but what league divisions are we gonna use? Solely ETF2L? In that case there are gonna be a few clans who haven’t played in it yet, so unsure about their skill level. There are also gonna be new clans with decent players, so what div are they gonna be.
Also, having players who are mid+ in your team doens’t automatically mean your div3/div2. There is a lot more to this game than individual skill. tbh, we need designated skill police on this site.

xzr

etf2l divisions are probably the most clearly divided and close to the truth. And of course it’s the biggest league. Anyway a few pcws against leagued teams should help you determine your team’s skill and what you want from your opponent.

g0d

skill police haha I like that. ;) and ye it would be alot easyer to use high div3 for example, hence my suggestion…

update: oh lol I didnt put it in the original post??? oops. well anyway + 1 for xzar

Qun

GoT<3

I agree on skinnie :D

I add: Somebody from Finland in your team: You don’t have a stable team and will be about to fold anytime :D (j/k)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »