Forum

skill

Created 24th March 2009 @ 12:31

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Jan

k0

Wlv, pls, Play against us when we have our complete team ;D
One thing is to play against a mix with some k0 playing for fun and other one to play seriously against our full team :x

qck.

U/²

agree with kEvNx

Hellfish

mhh i know a few div 6 teams this season who could easily play in div 4. on the other hand i know div4 teams who wouldnt be on top in div 6.
so i think div 4-6 arent very sorted.

=> you cant fix skill on the division!

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Why can’t like the admins or a select group or div1 or whatever just give each clan a skill ranking?This way everyone is judged in the same way and if the ranking i sslightly low it is slightly low for everyone so it would be fixed. Could be done from watching demos of the lower leagues from watching demos of them etc

I do however know this would require much time and work to be put into it but i think it would work if there were people available to do this. Although knowing the inerwebz this would inevitably lead to flaming and everyone claiming no we are much more high skilled than you said etc etc

But if there were enough people with enough time to do it then it would work and if everyone just accepted it and didn’t flame.

Rex

vR|

But as always i’d say “exceptions prove the rule”.

Renegade

Imperial

“Why can’t like the admins or a select group or div1 or whatever just give each clan a skill ranking?”

Just put a decent ranking next to your teamname/ name or people will just ignore it completely and assume the worst…

Expecting div1 players to bother ranking a bunch of teams for them is just a waste of time.

Penguin_

We played in div4 this season, and us playing low+ would (most days) result in a not very fun game. Like Andersson said, close games are the best for developing. Rating pepole(teams) fairly is very hard. There are too many factors playing in. Tactics, day-form, lineup, map etc.

xzr

If you’re not able to figure out what skill level your team is / what kind of level you want to prac against. Die please. :|

futari

fail

I think it’s ok to do it by league, but I would rather use the system there is now.. even though there are teams who like to label themselves higher than they really are.
SpA started out searching for low teams and moved up higher as soon as we noticed we were beating those teams easy.. it just requires a honest look from the teams themselves :s
and indeed a great match last night, Wlv :D

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Back in the QW days we had a rating system it went like this: 1. He’s good 2. Llama

cook

FB

Llamas go moo.

J3

Just add a rating feature to clan profiles, in which u have a public rating(anyone can rate the team) and a league rating(based on admins and oficial results).
Using some standard rating method. Ie final rate is the media of the 2 i said.
But this should be something to be taken srs otherwise just 4get it since ppl will have fun underrating everyone. :(

edit,
u could add a ranking page based on this.
But only teams that are active longer then 6month should be there, is 1more thing to help avoid all this team folds.

____13____

“Div 5 = low-/low
div4 =low / low+
div3 = low+ /mid
div2 = mid/ mid+
div1 = high- / high.”

The problem is… New teams may not start in the right division…

And… Saying “lf low/low+/mid/mid+/whatever doesn’t mean you’re at that skill, but that you’re looking to play against a team of that skill… For example, I enjoy more playing against a better team and lose than against a lower skilled team and rape them…

And, finnaly, for example, how would you rate a team in div5 (low-/low, by you suggested ranking) that can beat some teams from top div3/low div2 (mid)?
Take a look at wotr2, for example.. they were in div4 last season (low/low+, then), and now, they’re on top of div2 (mid+)… So, they went from low/low+ in just some months, or they always were higher than low/low+?

Bio.

now wheres high+

kaidus

WiK?

Lol as penguin said. We played div4 this season yet playing anything below top div3 was usually a waste of time.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »